Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stingtails and Striped Bison.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 25, 2013
The quest," Hungry Like the Wolf" as well as another quest that has you defeat four Stingtails are just agonizing. These quest almost made me not want to go through Cool Ranch again even though I love the theme.

You gain one Stingtail out of four per battle. The battles usually last five or ten minutes making it as long as a dungeon as a low ranked dungeon.

Along with Striped Bumbaloons, this one is even longer and the reward is not to par with the amount of time it takes. This one would have took two hours if a higher level friend didn't help me and my brother. This is longer then a normal dungeon all for seven hundred experience. This quest happens around level twenty-three to twenty-six range. Seven hundred experience is one third of a level at this point.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way about this quest. Anyone who wants to can share there opinion on the matter.

My solutions to Striped Bumbaloons,

1) Reduce the amount of Striped Bumbaloon meat to four or five.
This would still take about an hour but, would feel not as tedious.

2) Add more Striped Bumbaloon to the fight.
Out of all eight battles the rate was one per. Adding two or three per
battle would ramp up the difficulty however, so this might not be a
good solution.

3)Allow to gain more meat per fight.
This is the reverse trade-off to solution one. Just simply allow us to gain two
or three points off of one Striped Buffaloon.

4) Increase the reward.
At the current rate it doesn't feel satisfying at all. Make the reward in the mid thousands
in experience and more gold?

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
Excalibursion on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
The quest," Hungry Like the Wolf" as well as another quest that has you defeat four Stingtails are just agonizing. These quest almost made me not want to go through Cool Ranch again even though I love the theme.

You gain one Stingtail out of four per battle. The battles usually last five or ten minutes making it as long as a dungeon as a low ranked dungeon.

Along with Striped Bumbaloons, this one is even longer and the reward is not to par with the amount of time it takes. This one would have took two hours if a higher level friend didn't help me and my brother. This is longer then a normal dungeon all for seven hundred experience. This quest happens around level twenty-three to twenty-six range. Seven hundred experience is one third of a level at this point.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way about this quest. Anyone who wants to can share there opinion on the matter.

good solution.

4) Increase the reward.
At the current rate it doesn't feel satisfying at all. Make the reward in the mid thousands
This quest took me about 3 days... (I didn't play 72 hours straight though..... It was only probably an hour and a half a day.) I hated the fact that regular buffaloon would appear in the battle with the striped ones. Where did THEY come from?!?! I didn't see them flying around a few moments ago!!!! The buffaloon part was the hardest part of this quest for me. The best advice I can offer is to have a friend help you fight. That was the best way for me.

Rachel - Level 38

Ensign
Nov 17, 2012

good solution.

4) Increase the reward.
I KNOW RIGHT? I decided to start working on it and had no idea what I'd face. I expected Bumbaloons to have like 400-500 health. THEY HAD 900-1000! And the striped bumbaloons had 1100-1300!
I FLED WHEN I REALIZED HOW HARD AND LONG THIS WOULD BE MAN!
(Luckily I eventually managed to have it done in about 2-4 days )

Smart Horace Reade
Defender of the Defenceless

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
it took me four days and i played hours each day. of course i help my friends if they need help. its what i do. sometimes i cant because im busy. mainly if im in a fight. but still its a long time. the bumbaloons should get better rewards. one bumbaloon per fight. over thousand health. allot of buffaloon to help. near impossible to solo. (some times no friends on and not allot of people fighting them. and if there are its hard to get to them because its like a mine field.

-jack nightgale

Ensign
Nov 23, 2012

good solution.

4) Increase the reward.
I hate those bumbaloons im actually up to it now and the reward is 1,000 exp

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I try to pick up the quest for buffaloon meat and hides from the bison at the Bison village docks. That way when I go for the striped ones, I'm also getting the other ones I need too. It helps knowing I'm making progress with a couple quests at the same time.