Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blades of Shade

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
Hello kings isle, I am trying to get blades of shade from Cadmus. Its taking me over two days farming and I still have not been able to obtain it. Needless to say my other fellow pirates are telling me it took them about a day or 15 fights to get these blades, some tell me they got it on the first try. However my situation is odd and I smell foul magic, me and my best friend have been trying to work it out together ( I know its solo fight but she gives me advice I do all the fighting solo) but after 2 days off attempts I end up empty handed. Me and my friend suspect this is a bug to why I cannot obtain it. I have fought Cadmus 200+ times and end up with only gold or other gear I don't need. If you could please look into the matter for me I'd really appreciate it.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Hello Feruda the Dragon.

I afraid this isn't a bug, I've seen so many people get it and have them equiped. I'm just guessing that you're having some bad luck, but if you wanna look it up on the internet and/or YouTube, I'm sure you'll find something that will help you. As a matter of the fact, I just watched a video the other day on someone getting it on there 30th or so try. Good luck and happy sailing!

Kyle - Level 63 Privateer

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
I know this isn't a bug cause i just got another pair of them recently but all my other friends say that they've had no luck getting them at all.Some people get them but after like fifty tries or so.I don't know what to tell you cause i got the blades of shade pretty easily but good luck and see ya on the skyways.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Hey Closedodger, I got a question.

I just finished the promotion quest yesterday and I thought the healing shades were so annoying. But if I wanted to start farming Cadmus, do I have to fight the 6 shades again to get to Cadmus?

Kyle - Level 64 Privateer

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
No you don't you just got to fight the single battle with Cadmus to get them.

Ensign
Apr 01, 2012
Wow, I've been farming Cadmus everyday for a month and still haven't looted them. Lately I haven't even collected any gear to sell. The gold is fair though; I've managed to promote all but three of my companions to sixty five.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
It is frustrating but not a bug, took me several weeks and several dozen battles before they dropped. But all the gold and gear helped pay for companion promotions and a new house.

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
the blades of shade are hard to get but i was so obsessed with the blades i farmed a lot but i did find out that cadmus drops chaotic clothing but it didnt say that on the bio of cadmus so yeah i did fight him 60 times before i got the blades so yeah good luck and determine nation