Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ninja cat aka (shiruko neko)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
hey guys what quest do you have to do when you get the cat ninja companion and please king isle make the fleet ships easier.THX!!!!

loyal james holystone lvl 50 swash buckler

Community Leader
bentleythebrains on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
hey guys what quest do you have to do when you get the cat ninja companion and please king isle make the fleet ships easier.THX!!!!

loyal james holystone lvl 50 swash buckler
You get a quest for that companion when you are close to finishing the main quest line.
The quest is given by an NPC in Subata temple, sorry I dont remember his name.
(Stands out in front of building in small main area of Subata temple)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
you can see the guy that gives you the quest when you enter subata temple. His name is constable <--( i probaly spelled that wrong) something. The quest is pretty long, at one point you have to fight sky dragons in subata skyway,when you do, el toro has like a 1% chance of getting hit by a sky dragon, it depends the talents that you teach him. I hope my info helped :)

Loyal Chris Vane
Level 48

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
thx i have found him his near the audience chamber

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
uh hey so im a level 34 witchdoctor... i only have 1 girl companion and thats my lvl 31 bonnie anne ( fully promoted :D) do i get any more girl companions...? i eard that only swashbucklers get mustang sally, who is AMAZING!!! i rly want da ninja kitty too. PLS REPLY

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
LadyClockwork on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
uh hey so im a level 34 witchdoctor... i only have 1 girl companion and thats my lvl 31 bonnie anne ( fully promoted :D) do i get any more girl companions...? i eard that only swashbucklers get mustang sally, who is AMAZING!!! i rly want da ninja kitty too. PLS REPLY
She's another girl companion.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2012
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Kitty, if you are willing to spend some crowns you can recruit additional female companions from the Crown Shop - including Mustang Sally. The best one to recruit, in my opinion, is Lucy Sterling the mouse fencer (the Crown shop equivalent of Sarah Steele). She is very strong in melee. By level 50 she promotes twice.

-Michael

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
LegoMyEgo241 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
can swashbulckers get the cat
I think anyone can- its the reward for an open quest. She isn't that good though and is low on my billing of companions.

Community Leader
LegoMyEgo241 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
can swashbulckers get the cat
All pirates can get the Ninja cat. It is not a Pirate Class specific companion quest (at least not currently).

This companion has potential, but needs work. At level 51 she has NO promotions, so she has far fewer epic talents than other companions her level.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Any companion without at least two promotions will usually be worse than whatever you started with. Companions even crown shop varieties are mostly garbage because they can't get up to four epics and a skill or two. Example lucy gets the same stuff as sarah steele meaning she gets the reduce armor/strength skill and up to crit strike 3 plus four epic passives which can be two first strike repel boarders and riposte. This means she'll be about equal or better in most cases to what you're fighting. Ratbeard is the same way. Any companion not like this is subpar and mostly useless especially in mooshu. Mobs in mooshu like sky dragons will regularly hit you for 200-300 damage and even more on a crit. Companions usually have 1500-2000 health fully promoted and leveled. Fighting three or more mobs if two or more decide to hit your companion you better lay out damage at all times. Many mobs have vengeance and relentless and even riposte (high block dodge rate on tons of mobs even low level). Using companions with one or two epic passives raises your ttk and puts you in danger of being defeated and wasting time. Kan po black hand mobs will hit musketeer swash companions for 350 or so a pop even 50+. My lucy is 52 or 51 forget and some are 53 and they die just as easy. Lucy is probably the best crown shop companion you can purchase with the best choice of epics and regularly hits for 450-900 damage on crit 3 and 400-600 on the sneak attack with debuff.

The main problem is that the companion system is useless so you get arbitrary picks beyond your control. It's a horrible anti fun system that will hopefully be changed. Your strongest companions will be all the ones you receive up to ratbeard. This means your class core companion the parents companion bonnie anne and ratbeard. These are the ones you want to use 99% of the time up until you get el toro. El toro is the only exception here which truly shines after his promotion in mooshu which means 40+. All others are subpar.