Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Another bug. Ship deck/sailing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
Ok well not seeing a bug page yet so not sure where's best spot to be posting bug reports.

So this one happen to me a fair bit about 50% chance it will bug. What happens is I get trapped on my deck and unable to return to sailing after hitting the TAB key. So far only way to escape is to either port somewhere or to re-log.
Seems to happen more if I hit the tab when my ship is moving rather then when it's anchored. If my ship moving I usally find myself trapped at my steering wheel unable to TAB back into sailing mode. Unable to move out of the steering wheel icon feild, all I can do is jump and rotate inside the icon feild but unable to interact with it.

If I happen to be anchored and moving around on my deck for whatever reason like clearing combat tokens off my deck. When I go back to the steering wheel icon, it sometimes bugs out and I'm unable to interact with it thus unable to go back to sailing again.
Please look into this as it's fair bit disrupted and not sure if it will branch into dock side probelms. So far I have not been completely pervented from getting on my ship and start sailing. But it has been glitchy in that I had to reposition myself before I could interact with the steering wheel icon and set sail off the dock.

Administrator
Hello! This is the correct forum for reporting bugs.

Can you tell me if this is happening on all ships you own or one ship in particular? Is this happening in all zones? Being stuck on the sigil in front of the steering wheel or your deck is not something I've heard reported before.

If my ship moving I usally find myself trapped at my steering wheel unable to TAB back into sailing mode.

Just to be sure, you press X to return back to sailing mode, not TAB.

(Also, I'd like other players to chime in if they are experiencing the same issue.)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Apr 08, 2011
I had this happen to me a couple of times when Pirates first went live. It only happened when I was anchored in the skyway collecting tokens on my ship. Back then, I was using a Pirate Origin ship. Since then, I haven't encountered the problem.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
It's with both of my ships and I can't get the option to press X to start sailing again.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
And, when you press 'x', you need be standing close to the steering wheel of the ship to start sailing again.

Administrator
We'll take a look at this and see what we can find out.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*