Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ever notice that of all the equipment

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
nothing looks like a pirate would wear. Want to look like a cowboy or cowgirl, or an assassin, or like an armored guard, no problem. Want to look like a pirate with long, unkept hair, dangly earings, jewelry, and braids such as you may see in Pirates of the Carribean, or in Halloween costumes, big problem. You can look like many things in Pirates101, except like a pirate.

Community Leader
Hmm. Not sure I agree with that. There are many cloths that are pirate'esque. And remember pirates came from many places other than England. So they had a variety of looks.

I liked Pirates of the Caribbean as much as the next person, but they aren't the only pirates from the days of old. If you do some research on historical pirates, you'll find that few were captured on canvas. But those who were often wanted to be seen as they hoped they could look, and not as dirty unkempt scurvy dogs that they were made out to be.

One of the best documents we have about the Golden Age of Pirates (1690–1730) comes from Captain Charles Johnson. He was the British author of the 1724 book A General History of the Robberies and Murders of the most notorious Pyrates, It's during this age of piracy that you'll find Anne Bonny (Bonnie Anne's inspiration) and Blackbeard (Ratbeard's name sake) among others.

In fact there were many Lords and Dukes who were called pirates by one side of conflict and heroes by another. A few of these very famous pirates were more like Avery than Ratbeard. You can find a good list of pirates and the known pictures of them on Wikipedia @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pirates

~ Spring

Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
I disagree with that. The game has many types of gear. It just depends on where you are. If you level up, it gets better. No offense Seasnake, but I don't think it's cool that your kinda of thrashing the game like that. I'm not trying to be mean though. i just don't think you should be complaining about a game on their site.
Clever Cole,
Level 12 Privateer.

Ensign
Sep 11, 2009
i have noticed that clothing for females in game looks more like guys clothing and where are the jewelry and other things piratety? I enjoy the game but i think adding more things pirate would be good, clothes etc. I agree though some clothing does not look too pirate.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
There are different types of pirates, and their looks vary depending on which part of the world they come from.

What would be nice, is if someone preferred a certain type of look, whether it be Pirates of the Caribbean style, or conquistadors, or cowboy style, or oriental influence (or others as new worlds come out), that these options be available in the shops as you level up.

I really like the cowboy look for my musketeer and would have liked to have that gear option when she leveled up past Cool Ranch.

Now that would be cool.

Lazy Lenora Leech, Buccaneer L50
Inky India Innsbrook, Musketeer L50

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
The main problem is we don't have the skull island and pirate related clothing at higher levels. Simple answer: wait for stitching to come.

Developer
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
There are different types of pirates, and their looks vary depending on which part of the world they come from.

What would be nice, is if someone preferred a certain type of look, whether it be Pirates of the Caribbean style, or conquistadors, or cowboy style, or oriental influence (or others as new worlds come out), that these options be available in the shops as you level up.

I really like the cowboy look for my musketeer and would have liked to have that gear option when she leveled up past Cool Ranch.

Now that would be cool.

Lazy Lenora Leech, Buccaneer L50
Inky India Innsbrook, Musketeer L50
QueQueg, I think that issue will be solved as soon as we have stitching in the game.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Ratbeard on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
QueQueg, I think that issue will be solved as soon as we have stitching in the game.
Ya know, it's a big DUH on my part. I forgot we'll be getting stitching, which is why I've saved several types of clothing I have found as drops that look really cool.