Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Sleep Tokens?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2009
So for a while I took a break from Pirate101, now seeing these new updates, and looking at our companion slots, what happened to the "Sleep Tokens"? They were so helpful, why remove such a great thing?

Maybe they're bringing them back soon? Not too sure. I don't wanna have to use my Tiki Duck companion... Or chicken nurse. Ugh.

Wolf
Playing Wizard101 since 2009 [My account turned 4 years on June 16th, 2014]
And Pirate101 since 2012 [And still not in Marleybone yet]

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wolf Strongshield on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
So for a while I took a break from Pirate101, now seeing these new updates, and looking at our companion slots, what happened to the "Sleep Tokens"? They were so helpful, why remove such a great thing?

Maybe they're bringing them back soon? Not too sure. I don't wanna have to use my Tiki Duck companion... Or chicken nurse. Ugh.

Wolf
We don't need sleep tokens any more. Any crew member you don't want fighting, just assign them to a task, be it gathering gold, equipment or pet supplies (or eggs) for you or they can be getting XP, Nautical XP or Training Tomes for you.
You can also set up your crew to only be the first three in your line up. Or it can be you and your first mate then whoever is not on a task for you will randomly show up to fight. Or....you can set it up so that anyone not out on a job for you will randomly show up for your battles if you like the surprise approach. In your options, just select which way you prefer. No need to have anyone sleeping, they either work or fight. You are their Captain and you decide what any and all your crew does.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Wolf Strongshield on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:

Wolf
:D I think you need to read the Advanced companions closely.

1. You can set the first 3 healthy companions to always appear
2. You can send your unworthy companions to go fetch you some stuff

Because of this, Sleep tokens are redundant and not needed

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Read the update notes. Now you control which 3 companions show up every battle!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
If they're high enough level, just send 'em out scavenging to tie them up. They don't come out when they're set a task, and they do sometimes bring back decent loot.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
As a matter if fact they now have orders
When you send a companion on an order it doesn't appear in battle until the timer is up
So bassically this is good news you have infinite benching

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I only had 3 to 5 Sleep Tokens to use before the update. Now, you can order your Companions to do other things [ie Brawlin' (Companion Experience), Officer's Orders (Training Tomes), Scavengin' (Equipment), Sailin' (Naval Experience), and Pet Wranglin' (Pet Equipment)] and these Companions will not appear in battle. I much prefer this way of doing things because the Companions I don't want in battle can now be helping me by doing other things that either get me equipment, experience, or Training Tomes.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
yep it is all in the advanced companions article. You need you first mate and 2 other companions for battles. Leave 1 or 2 extra companions free of duty just in case any of your main companions die and then leave the rest to help you out with different activities.