Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wing Chun is mean!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
When we were doing the Halloween quest, he was like, "Do you feel the aura? Of course you don't!" . Is this to yell at me for not feeling the aura, or is he extremely confused? I heard him scream, however, and I thought he was putting me down for a little mistake...

Slick Stephanie Maxwell level 15

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
It's not so bad, Stephanie. I got that from Wing Chun too for my musketeer Brave Maria Mitchell. But from the beginning, Wing Chun feels that he is taking you under his wing (haha) as it were, to be your help and guide. Even though you are his captain, Wing Chun plays a bossy older brother figure to you. Maria is not far enough along for me to know whether he ever sees his captain in a more mature light. Even so, Maria tolerates Wing Chun's sometimes dismissive assessments because he is her friend, and in the bond of affection, one accepts that friends are never perfect.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
It's not so bad, Stephanie. I got that from Wing Chun too for my musketeer Brave Maria Mitchell. But from the beginning, Wing Chun feels that he is taking you under his wing (haha) as it were, to be your help and guide. Even though you are his captain, Wing Chun plays a bossy older brother figure to you. Maria is not far enough along for me to know whether he ever sees his captain in a more mature light. Even so, Maria tolerates Wing Chun's sometimes dismissive assessments because he is her friend, and in the bond of affection, one accepts that friends are never perfect.
Oh.... you're right!

Wing: What?! You POSTED this??? No... this is an outrage!

Slick Stephanie Maxwell

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Actually, I feel your pain. I just started on my musketeer and Wing chun is for some reason acting...well a jerk, a show-off. Even El Toro appreciates us more!
As for Subodai, on my swashbuckler...he's not that bad . I know he yells so loud it makes my ears ring, or that his quotes a sometimes creep me out, or that I felt sad when he said to stay away from the statue...but I know, Subodai just wants to protect me for a lot of reasons .... but, seriously, tough guy, I'm not that weak. I can protect myself in some situations
'' Hes ma'am''

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Well...that's kinda the same for my Samantha Michelson

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Star owl on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
Actually, I feel your pain. I just started on my musketeer and Wing chun is for some reason acting...well a jerk, a show-off. Even El Toro appreciates us more!
As for Subodai, on my swashbuckler...he's not that bad . I know he yells so loud it makes my ears ring, or that his quotes a sometimes creep me out, or that I felt sad when he said to stay away from the statue...but I know, Subodai just wants to protect me for a lot of reasons .... but, seriously, tough guy, I'm not that weak. I can protect myself in some situations
'' Hes ma'am''
Subodai can sometimes be sweet.

Subodai: Haha! Next time think before you speak!

Wing: Oh, be quiet, you hulking brute!

Both of you! You two need to get your act together!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
    well, i dont have wing chun, so i dont know nnie anne: iv met him! he might be all mean on the outside, but on the inside he has a heart..... flashback bonnie:help! [falls off cliff] bonnie:aaahhhhh!! chun:i gotcha! [wing chun swoops in and grabs bonnie] bonnie: who..who..who are you?? chun: [chun flies bonnie to safety then turns toward bonnie] i am wing chun. bonnie: ...and hes so handsome... me:oh brother.. please ignore the fox.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Yeah... I remember some conversations where Wing insulted me, like in the Flooded Temple: "I, of course could cross the waters, but the fox and pirate would never make it across!" But, ya gotta love him. He is like a mentor, after all.

Developer
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
When we were doing the Halloween quest, he was like, "Do you feel the aura? Of course you don't!" . Is this to yell at me for not feeling the aura, or is he extremely confused? I heard him scream, however, and I thought he was putting me down for a little mistake...

Slick Stephanie Maxwell level 15
Wing is a little hard on the Pirate, no doubt - he's built off of a very specific archetype that you see in Martial Arts stories: the grumpy/scolding master. He's abrupt, he's bossy, he's quick to criticize, and he really likes to yell. Especially at the beginning, he can come off as a little harsh. In time, I think he mellows a little. Just a little. You'll start to hear things like "That was not a terrible effort" and such.

I hoped to put Wing's attitude SO far over the top that it would be funny. Take hart - he loves the Pirate deep down, but will always be prickly on the surface.

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
fearless robert sp... on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
    well, i dont have wing chun, so i dont know nnie anne: iv met him! he might be all mean on the outside, but on the inside he has a heart..... flashback bonnie:help! [falls off cliff] bonnie:aaahhhhh!! chun:i gotcha! [wing chun swoops in and grabs bonnie] bonnie: who..who..who are you?? chun: [chun flies bonnie to safety then turns toward bonnie] i am wing chun. bonnie: ...and hes so handsome... me:oh brother.. please ignore the fox.
Lol!

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ravensrule191 on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew your so boss.
Now that is something I can really get behind and Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Nailed it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, Wing Chun uses tough love, because he wants you to survive, and that's how is sensei taught him.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Calamity Finch on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Yes, Wing Chun uses tough love, because he wants you to survive, and that's how is sensei taught him.
YAY! You're yarvsey turvsey!

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
Really, whoa I guess that I.... Ha! I told you Egg Shen was better!

Wing Chun: So says the person who bought my clone

Well... He doesn't talk so that doesn't count!

Bonnie Anne:*Sighs* No one talks or even really complain about me!

Ensign
Jan 16, 2012
there are time when i want to bend my musket around his beak in a nice bowtie............oh well he means well. (i hope)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
exert2 on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
Really, whoa I guess that I.... Ha! I told you Egg Shen was better!

Wing Chun: So says the person who bought my clone

Well... He doesn't talk so that doesn't count!

Bonnie Anne:*Sighs* No one talks or even really complain about me!
Aww Bonnie Anne, no one complains about you because you are so awesome. I have seen you as first mate on more pirates than anyone and those actions speak louder than any words can.