Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wierd Question?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2013
Will we ever be able to sail to wizard city? It would be very epic if we could!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
On the one hand, Baldur Goldpaws docked his ship at Old Town, so it could be possible. On the other, Ambrose and the faculty could be using their powers to protect the students from pirates. Maybe that's why so many other monsters are running around there, they're too busy with the pirate barrier. I think if we were to go there, we would be sneaking in through the sewers to some location students never get to see.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
Even though pirates meeting wizards would be very cool, I doubt it would ever happen. KI has stated they wish to keep wizards and pirates separate. Never say never though!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
How bout if we go through that sewer in Olde Town and then that secret room of Ambrose's, we pop out of it! Then we talk to Merle and say how we're gonna protect the Armada and all that so here we go.
Quest: The City of Wizards
Goals: Talk to Avery
Sail to Grizzleheim, Northguard Docks
Talk to Baulder Goldpaws
Sail to Wizard City, Olde Town Docks
Go through the sewers
Talk to Merle Ambrose
XP: 7,800
Item: Grizzleheim Galleon
Avery: I know where the next piece of the map is and it's the final one which to help you get to El Dorado, we're sending you to Wizard City.
Old Scratch: I heard of the City of Wizards before. Captain my captain, I beg you we go!
Bonnie: Oh please captain. We'll be happy if you do.
Avery: Talk to Baulder Goldpaws at once!
Sailing to Grizzleheim
Baulder Goldpaws: Welcome again Pirate. May I assist you?
Bonnie: Yes, you actually can.
Old Scratch: We're looking for the City of Wizards.
Baulder Goldpaws: I heard of that place before. Infact, I trade with them and go there allot!
Bonne: Then lead the way!
Baulder Goldpaws: Please take my galleon. It'll get you there faster and here's the windstone and the map to guide your way. Cya later!
Bonnie: Thnx again Baulder!
Baulder Goldpaws: Anytime my dear sister in arms!
Sailing to Wizard City
El Toro: There's the docks to Olde Town captain!
Docks at Olde Town Docks
El Toro: How do we get in without the crowd of wizards noticing us? The waterfall is the answer!
Go to Waterfall
El Toro: I see the sewers! In everyone!
Go through sewers
Bonnie: We've been through 3 sewers and now the is the 4th!
El Toro: I notice a hatch! Up the ladder everyone!
Merle: Here's the key to Burnaria! Have a nice time at the bunnies and say hi if you see the Jack family.
Bonnie: You don't think he means One-Eyed Jack.
El Toro: That world sounds like a bunny world.
Bonnie: Yea!
Merle: Hello ... pirates?
Bonnie: We are pirates and we're nice ones indeed!
Merle: I see that. So why did you come here?
To be continued ...

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
Technically speaking, it's very hard to achieve such encounters (you're talking about server sync, UI, friend list, and a lot of other things that needs to be recoded), let alone mix Pirate battle style with Wizard's.

From the aspect of a storyteller, there are many ways you can hook Pirates and Wizards together.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If they did it, I think it would be something like Sniper Rose described. We would not mix in with the player wizards. The server issues and different game structure would be a huge problem and not what K I seems to intend. The setting could be used though. Tunnels could easily be involved. Here's a question, does Wizard City ever have a nighttime? If it did, we could be sneaking through the nighttime streets of Wizard City, on Pirate. All the little Wizards are asleep in the dorms. Maybe we might see a few NPC wizards also sneaking around after curfew. Sir Baxby and Cyrus might be patrolling the streets. I always thought there might be alligators in the sewers of WC for us to fight.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Honestly, I don't want Pirates and Wizards to mix much more than they do. The occasional mention or character is ok, but I don't think it is a good idea for our pirates to go to Wizard City. I doubt our pirates would be welcomed, because we have done a number of questionable things and are not exactly the hero's he wizards are. Also, bringing a whole crew of heavily armed pirates into a school might not be a good plan. Even if our intentions are good, I think we should avoid Wizard City and wizards.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Sniper Rose on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
How bout if we go through that sewer in Olde Town and then that secret room of Ambrose's, we pop out of it! Then we talk to Merle and say how we're gonna protect the Armada and all that so here we go.
Quest: The City of Wizards
Goals: Talk to Avery
Sail to Grizzleheim, Northguard Docks
Talk to Baulder Goldpaws
Sail to Wizard City, Olde Town Docks
Go through the sewers
Talk to Merle Ambrose
XP: 7,800
Item: Grizzleheim Galleon
Avery: I know where the next piece of the map is and it's the final one which to help you get to El Dorado, we're sending you to Wizard City.
Old Scratch: I heard of the City of Wizards before. Captain my captain, I beg you we go!
Bonnie: Oh please captain. We'll be happy if you do.
Avery: Talk to Baulder Goldpaws at once!
Sailing to Grizzleheim
Baulder Goldpaws: Welcome again Pirate. May I assist you?
Bonnie: Yes, you actually can.
Old Scratch: We're looking for the City of Wizards.
Baulder Goldpaws: I heard of that place before. Infact, I trade with them and go there allot!
Bonne: Then lead the way!
Baulder Goldpaws: Please take my galleon. It'll get you there faster and here's the windstone and the map to guide your way. Cya later!
Bonnie: Thnx again Baulder!
Baulder Goldpaws: Anytime my dear sister in arms!
Sailing to Wizard City
El Toro: There's the docks to Olde Town captain!
Docks at Olde Town Docks
El Toro: How do we get in without the crowd of wizards noticing us? The waterfall is the answer!
Go to Waterfall
El Toro: I see the sewers! In everyone!
Go through sewers
Bonnie: We've been through 3 sewers and now the is the 4th!
El Toro: I notice a hatch! Up the ladder everyone!
Merle: Here's the key to Burnaria! Have a nice time at the bunnies and say hi if you see the Jack family.
Bonnie: You don't think he means One-Eyed Jack.
El Toro: That world sounds like a bunny world.
Bonnie: Yea!
Merle: Hello ... pirates?
Bonnie: We are pirates and we're nice ones indeed!
Merle: I see that. So why did you come here?
To be continued ...
Quest: Welcome Pirates
Goals: Talk to Merle
Speak to Cyrus
Talk to Merle
Experience: 4810
Gold: 4,720
Merle: I see you're pirates. I have to worry about Pirates in Wizard City. You know why?
Catbeard: The Armada might, just might follow us here then there's the battle of Wizard City. Ultimately, the Armada would win because they can keep shooting and hitting while the Wizards would eventully run out of cards.
Merle: Please go to the Myth School at once! Cyrus will protect you!
Wing Chung or your starter companion: Avery was like that. You know him?
Merle: No I don't. But I know someone who was famous in the Skyways which I wrote letters to. x Puppet Show begins x I once knew someone by the name of Marco Pollo. I wrote letters to him in Shangri La, the city of gold. He was a expert at mapping. He came from Valencia and was a genius in Valencia. He found El Dorado and I don't know how my letters ended up there. It's weird to ponder on how they got there. x Puppet Show ends x
Bonnie Anne: We know of the Armada. Us pirates and the Armada are racing for El Dorado and we intend to find it.
El Toro: The fire of my light will lead the way to the next map piece.
Merle: Go to Cyrus at once! He will know where it is and you were to be there already!
Bonnie Anne: I'm sorry.
Merle: Okay.
Go to Cyrus
Cyrus: What are you wizards ... um ..., who are you?
Bonnie Anne: We're the most famous Pirate in the Skyways! Merle told us to come here because you can protect us. Also you know where the next map piece is; do you?
Cyrus: Okay. You need to defeat Lord Nightshade.He has the map piece and he is back and more powerful than ever!
Bonnie Anne: Well we better tell Merle because we're after the map piece.
Merle: You're back I see.
El Toro: Lord NIGHTSHADE has came back!
Merle: IMPOSSIBLE. I had the wizards defeat him unless if it was the work of Morganthe. You're one more step to your map piece.
To be continued ...

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Sniper Rose on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Quest: Welcome Pirates
Goals: Talk to Merle
Speak to Cyrus
Talk to Merle
Experience: 4810
Gold: 4,720
Merle: I see you're pirates. I have to worry about Pirates in Wizard City. You know why?
Catbeard: The Armada might, just might follow us here then there's the battle of Wizard City. Ultimately, the Armada would win because they can keep shooting and hitting while the Wizards would eventully run out of cards.
Merle: Please go to the Myth School at once! Cyrus will protect you!
Wing Chung or your starter companion: Avery was like that. You know him?
Merle: No I don't. But I know someone who was famous in the Skyways which I wrote letters to. x Puppet Show begins x I once knew someone by the name of Marco Pollo. I wrote letters to him in Shangri La, the city of gold. He was a expert at mapping. He came from Valencia and was a genius in Valencia. He found El Dorado and I don't know how my letters ended up there. It's weird to ponder on how they got there. x Puppet Show ends x
Bonnie Anne: We know of the Armada. Us pirates and the Armada are racing for El Dorado and we intend to find it.
El Toro: The fire of my light will lead the way to the next map piece.
Merle: Go to Cyrus at once! He will know where it is and you were to be there already!
Bonnie Anne: I'm sorry.
Merle: Okay.
Go to Cyrus
Cyrus: What are you wizards ... um ..., who are you?
Bonnie Anne: We're the most famous Pirate in the Skyways! Merle told us to come here because you can protect us. Also you know where the next map piece is; do you?
Cyrus: Okay. You need to defeat Lord Nightshade.He has the map piece and he is back and more powerful than ever!
Bonnie Anne: Well we better tell Merle because we're after the map piece.
Merle: You're back I see.
El Toro: Lord NIGHTSHADE has came back!
Merle: IMPOSSIBLE. I had the wizards defeat him unless if it was the work of Morganthe. You're one more step to your map piece.
To be continued ...
I think I see where this is going:

Quest: A Grim and Shady Story

Goals: Defeat Lord nightshade, defeat Dragoon ambush, talk to Ambros.

XP: 3000
Gold: 3000

Ambros: You must defeat Lord Nightshade, if he has your map piece, then take it before those mechanical menaces show up.
heads to stormdrain tower

Lord Nightshade: Ah, a wiz... PIRATE?! Oh no, I can't tell him what happened to the map piece or...
Catbeard: What happened to the map piece?
Lord Nightshade: Um, I have no idea what your talking about.
Ratbeard: We will get the answer out of you even if we have to beat you senseless, lets get him get him!
Lord Nightshade (defeated): OK OK, I gave the map piece to Morganthe, she needs that gold to fulfill the prophecy!
Ol' Scratch: This is grave news captain my captain, if Morganthe gets to El Dorado, she will twist the Spiral in her image.
Sarah: Lets go tell Ambros about this.
leaves tower
Dragoon Elite: Halt, surrender now, or we will decimate you.
El Toro: Clockworks, they followed us.
Ratbeard: The Armada wouldn't follow us eh?
Catbeard: Do you want to skewer me or kick some clockwork derriere?
Ratbeard: Lets just kill these clockworks and be done with them.
defeats Dragoons
Dragoon Elite: This isn't over, once Bishop finds Morganthe, he will kill her and take the map piece.
Ratbeard: Old Bird-beak is in wizard city?
Gracie: Time for a little payback for what he tried to do in Marleybone.
goes to Ambros's office
Ambros: Pirate you have done it, defeated Lord...WHAT?! MORGANTHE HAS THE MAP PIECE?!
Ol' Scratch: I'm afraid so Ambros, and Bishop is here too.
Ambros: Who in the Spiral is Bishop?
Gracie: Kane's mad scientist, he tried to destroy Marleybone in a hostile takeover, and outlawed all magic for his own personal use. I figure after he kills Morganthe, he will destroy Wizard City.
Ambros: BY BARTLEBY!!!!!! We have to stop Bishop before he does this horrible deed!
Sarah: How do we stop him then?
Ambros: I am calling a meeting with all the teachers of Ravenwood; Baelstrom, Lydia, Falmea, Malorn and Dworgin, Cyrus, Moolinda, Arthur, and Alhezred. They all have to be informed of this crisis, and I hope they will be happy to see you. Once they are informed of Bishop, they will all try to decide on what to do to stop him.