Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Task - Looting

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Instead of just sending our companions out to scavenge for new gear may be also have the option to send them out to find furniture, plants, outdoor items, etc? Maybe even some exclusive pieces?

Just a thought!

~Clumsy Calamity

Developer
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I'd be quite happy with a new task, like Lootin' or Ransackin', solely meant for bringing in housing items only. As long as it was a new task and the items were not added to Plunderin' or Scavengin'. I say this only because all of my pirates' packs are full or near full, all of their banks are nearing full as well and my shared bank is overflowin'. By keeping Plunderin' gold only, we can safely assign crew to it, without worrying about filling up the packs/banks again-- we'll have some control. Or if the housing gear replaced a piece of gear when Scavengin', and wasn't in addition to it.

So, I would absolutely welcome a new task that we have control over it being a housing items return only task, and still know that the other tasks are only bringing in gold or pirate gear. That way if there is nowhere to store newly collected items, we can be sure to keep some only on Plunderin' or Pet Wranglin' until we make some room-- without worrying about overflowin' the Pack/Bank/Shared Bank an possibly losing an item to use or sell.

Great idea, Calamity!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Thank you for considering this :-D

~Clumsy Calamity

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I'd be quite happy with a new task, like Lootin' or Ransackin', solely meant for bringing in housing items only. As long as it was a new task and the items were not added to Plunderin' or Scavengin'. I say this only because all of my pirates' packs are full or near full, all of their banks are nearing full as well and my shared bank is overflowin'. By keeping Plunderin' gold only, we can safely assign crew to it, without worrying about filling up the packs/banks again-- we'll have some control. Or if the housing gear replaced a piece of gear when Scavengin', and wasn't in addition to it.

So, I would absolutely welcome a new task that we have control over it being a housing items return only task, and still know that the other tasks are only bringing in gold or pirate gear. That way if there is nowhere to store newly collected items, we can be sure to keep some only on Plunderin' or Pet Wranglin' until we make some room-- without worrying about overflowin' the Pack/Bank/Shared Bank an possibly losing an item to use or sell.

Great idea, Calamity!
Valkoor - your post made me think of this even crazier idea that the Companion assigned to Ransackin' or Lootin' (or whatever it's eventually called) could be one that must be placed in your bunk or house, and you'd have to be at home so that each time you collected from that Companion, you'd find the item placed next to that Companion -- kind of like they'd be showing it off for your consideration.

Wild, I know - but wouldn't that be fun?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor - your post made me think of this even crazier idea that the Companion assigned to Ransackin' or Lootin' (or whatever it's eventually called) could be one that must be placed in your bunk or house, and you'd have to be at home so that each time you collected from that Companion, you'd find the item placed next to that Companion -- kind of like they'd be showing it off for your consideration.

Better yet; it could be gift-wrapped, so it'll be a surprise!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Willowydream on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:

Ooh, I like that.....I like it aloooooot!

To come back to your house after a rigorous day in the Spiral and see a magnificent piece of décor sitting next to the Monkey King, just might make me scratch behind his ears.....after checking for bugs of course! Hey, he'd deserve it and, would rightfully so, be one proud monkey! Neat idea Willow!