Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Morphing, Lower Stats? Need Advice/Help.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Since the advance pet update came up I've seen people running around with pets "120 of 700 of its pedigree" Can someone give me any general advice how to raise pedigree's maximum in breeding, whenever I morph pets they somehow get lower I pay as much attention to the "Epics" "Ultra Rares" talents and try to arrange them to not overlap each other, some how I bred 2 pets with 220 + pedigree and got a 190 pet. What am I doing wrong, Pet's have always been my weakness and I'm hoping anyone who viewed this can give me advice, I've already sold half a dozen ethereal eggs with under 200 pedigree. What am I doing wrong?
Also, I am having really bad luck with hybrids, I look on the wiki make sure I have the pets right somehow I have it wrong, it took me 3 try's with a celestial dragon and sky turtle to get a paper dragon, my attempt of a shark and specter gave me 190 ebon specter egg. Am I doing it backwards? So far all my attempts at morphing left me with less gold and pets with less pedigree than their parents. I Don't Know!

Ensign
Nov 12, 2014
Try asking a friend with a higher pedigree pet to morph with you. A 500 and a 300 will surely get a 350 or more. Hybrids are a process, and so is pet morphing in general. I've heard of 15+ attempts to get a grimtooth reaper (not so great white shark+ebon spectre). Hang in there, and ask some friends to help. Good luck!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the pet pedigrees work like this:

Pedigree calculates as such: (note this is from Central)

Commons = 1 pedigree
Uncommons = 10 pedigree
Rares = 20 pedigree
Ultra-Rares = 30 pedigree
Epics = 40 pedigree

Lets say you have a

Mega (first generation) Armadillo Verde (216) with the following talents/powers revealed: talents extra guile 1 (common) naturally tough 1 (common) & naturally spirited 1(common) powers: super shot (common) super spell (common) & shattering spell (uncommon)

And

Mega (first generation) Fandango (236) with the following talents/powers revealed: extra movement 2 (common), extra gritty 2 (common) & naturally agile 1 (common) powers: super strike (common) epic surge (common) & owl's prey (uncommon)

That means the offspring egg will learn all these 12 abilities and then a random assortment of the remaining 8. Which means the resulting egg will very likely have a lower pedigree. 30 (for the talents and powers we know) + range (62 - 180) (for the talents we don't know) giving us a pedigree range of 92- 210.

Vs now let's say you have a

Mega (first generation) Armadillo Verde (216) with the following talents/powers revealed: talents riposte 1(rare) relentless 1 (rare) & pirate 1 (rare) powers: sneak attack (rare), triton's song (rare) and mojo strike (rare)

And

Mega (first generation) Fandango (236) with the following talents/powers revealed: witch hunter 1(rare) witch hunter 2 (rare), & enchanted toughness 1 (rare) powers:regroup (ultra rare), grants wind spirit (ultra rare) & fandango (rare)

That means the offspring egg will learn all these 12 abilities and then a random assortment of the remaining 8. Which means the resulting egg will have a much higher pedigree 260 (for the talents and powers we know) + range (8 - 100) (for the talents we don't know) giving us a pedigree range of 268 - 360.

So basically to sum up: it is random, but morphing with higher ranked abilities revealed helps.

~Clumsy Calamity

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Calamity PixieShad... on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the pet pedigrees work like this:

Pedigree calculates as such: (note this is from Central)

Commons = 1 pedigree
Uncommons = 10 pedigree
Rares = 20 pedigree
Ultra-Rares = 30 pedigree
Epics = 40 pedigree

Lets say you have a

Mega (first generation) Armadillo Verde (216) with the following talents/powers revealed: talents extra guile 1 (common) naturally tough 1 (common) & naturally spirited 1(common) powers: super shot (common) super spell (common) & shattering spell (uncommon)

And

Mega (first generation) Fandango (236) with the following talents/powers revealed: extra movement 2 (common), extra gritty 2 (common) & naturally agile 1 (common) powers: super strike (common) epic surge (common) & owl's prey (uncommon)

That means the offspring egg will learn all these 12 abilities and then a random assortment of the remaining 8. Which means the resulting egg will very likely have a lower pedigree. 30 (for the talents and powers we know) + range (62 - 180) (for the talents we don't know) giving us a pedigree range of 92- 210.

Vs now let's say you have a

Mega (first generation) Armadillo Verde (216) with the following talents/powers revealed: talents riposte 1(rare) relentless 1 (rare) & pirate 1 (rare) powers: sneak attack (rare), triton's song (rare) and mojo strike (rare)

And

Mega (first generation) Fandango (236) with the following talents/powers revealed: witch hunter 1(rare) witch hunter 2 (rare), & enchanted toughness 1 (rare) powers:regroup (ultra rare), grants wind spirit (ultra rare) & fandango (rare)

That means the offspring egg will learn all these 12 abilities and then a random assortment of the remaining 8. Which means the resulting egg will have a much higher pedigree 260 (for the talents and powers we know) + range (8 - 100) (for the talents we don't know) giving us a pedigree range of 268 - 360.

So basically to sum up: it is random, but morphing with higher ranked abilities revealed helps.

~Clumsy Calamity
How did I miss this post? Calamity, that is a MASSIVE help to anyone looking to raise pedigree, either by themselves or morphing with others.

On the subject of hybrids, Pirate101's hybrid system is not like Wizard101's. When you morph the correct parents together, there's a chance you'll receive the hybrid. I took me 44 tries to get the Emusaur using the correct parents, but only 1 try for the Grimtooth Reaper. There's no specific order to put the parents in; the system is random.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Quite Jacques on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
Since the advance pet update came up I've seen people running around with pets "120 of 700 of its pedigree" Can someone give me any general advice how to raise pedigree's maximum in breeding, whenever I morph pets they somehow get lower I pay as much attention to the "Epics" "Ultra Rares" talents and try to arrange them to not overlap each other, some how I bred 2 pets with 220 + pedigree and got a 190 pet. What am I doing wrong, Pet's have always been my weakness and I'm hoping anyone who viewed this can give me advice, I've already sold half a dozen ethereal eggs with under 200 pedigree. What am I doing wrong?
Also, I am having really bad luck with hybrids, I look on the wiki make sure I have the pets right somehow I have it wrong, it took me 3 try's with a celestial dragon and sky turtle to get a paper dragon, my attempt of a shark and specter gave me 190 ebon specter egg. Am I doing it backwards? So far all my attempts at morphing left me with less gold and pets with less pedigree than their parents. I Don't Know!
One other thing to keep in mind when trying to raise pedigree is that if you morph 2 pets together that should produce a higher pedigree-- based on what's expressed & following Calamity's info, & the first talent that pops up at level 10 happens to be a common or uncommon, you are better off morphing a different pet. When you morph 2 adults there will be 3 traits expressed for each pet-- 2 talents & 1 power. By level 60, 1 power & 1 talent from each pet will or should successfully become expressed, in the offspring & also 1 latent (hidden) power & 1 latent talent. The order that they express is entirely random however so the better, more desirable or higher rank talent or power, may not manifest until the pet reaches level 50 or 60 respectively.

If you are morphing a parent that has 1 uncommon talent & 1 ultra rare talent (at adult), only 1 of those will manifest on the resulting offspring..so you could get lucky & have the UR talent show up at 10, 30 or 50 but you could also have the uncommon one show up first-- even if the resulting offspring's pedigree was higher than both parents. If the uncommon were to show up before adulthood than you are better off re-morphing the same 2 parents in hopes of the higher ranked talents showing up first, again by adulthood. If you do get the better traits, you can then morph with another pet that has higher ranks expressed & your pedigree should get boosted once again.

I have seen players with 680 or 690 pedigree pets, that seem to be stuck & can't get those last 10 or 20 points to show up. When you look at that pet, it usually has an UR Power and/or a Rare Talent expressed on that pet they wish to boost. Say you have a pet that is at 680 & missing 1 Epic Power 1 UR Talent. If that 680 pet is only at adult & it so happens that the only Power that is expressed is that Ultra Rare Power (instead of Epic), you will not gain those last 10 pedigree points until you weed out that UR Power, seeing as that Power is the only power expressed & will carry over to the offspring at adult. You can get 10 of the points to transfer over from morphing with a pet that has the "missing" UR talent, but you most likely will not gain that last 10 because of that already expressed UR Power. If this happens train your pet to Level 40, so that an Epic Power does show up- that way there will be a chance that the Epic is what carries over onto the offspring instead of the UR, along with the successful transferring of what Epic power or Ultra Rare talent you are missing on that pet in order to reach max pedigree.

Also, when going for max pedigree pay attention to your power & talent listings order. The Epics on the power side, always appear in order. By keeping track of what Epics are in your trait line & what has been manifesting, you can easily (most times) see what you are missing & then go morph with someone that has that Epic expressed or one of your own. Talents will eventually appear in order too, once you hit all UR talents.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
One other thing to keep in mind when trying to raise pedigree is that if you morph 2 pets together that should produce a higher pedigree-- based on what's expressed & following Calamity's info, & the first talent that pops up at level 10 happens to be a common or uncommon, you are better off morphing a different pet. When you morph 2 adults there will be 3 traits expressed for each pet-- 2 talents & 1 power. By level 60, 1 power & 1 talent from each pet will or should successfully become expressed, in the offspring & also 1 latent (hidden) power & 1 latent talent. The order that they express is entirely random however so the better, more desirable or higher rank talent or power, may not manifest until the pet reaches level 50 or 60 respectively.

If you are morphing a parent that has 1 uncommon talent & 1 ultra rare talent (at adult), only 1 of those will manifest on the resulting offspring..so you could get lucky & have the UR talent show up at 10, 30 or 50 but you could also have the uncommon one show up first-- even if the resulting offspring's pedigree was higher than both parents. If the uncommon were to show up before adulthood than you are better off re-morphing the same 2 parents in hopes of the higher ranked talents showing up first, again by adulthood. If you do get the better traits, you can then morph with another pet that has higher ranks expressed & your pedigree should get boosted once again.

I have seen players with 680 or 690 pedigree pets, that seem to be stuck & can't get those last 10 or 20 points to show up. When you look at that pet, it usually has an UR Power and/or a Rare Talent expressed on that pet they wish to boost. Say you have a pet that is at 680 & missing 1 Epic Power 1 UR Talent. If that 680 pet is only at adult & it so happens that the only Power that is expressed is that Ultra Rare Power (instead of Epic), you will not gain those last 10 pedigree points until you weed out that UR Power, seeing as that Power is the only power expressed & will carry over to the offspring at adult. You can get 10 of the points to transfer over from morphing with a pet that has the "missing" UR talent, but you most likely will not gain that last 10 because of that already expressed UR Power. If this happens train your pet to Level 40, so that an Epic Power does show up- that way there will be a chance that the Epic is what carries over onto the offspring instead of the UR, along with the successful transferring of what Epic power or Ultra Rare talent you are missing on that pet in order to reach max pedigree.

Also, when going for max pedigree pay attention to your power & talent listings order. The Epics on the power side, always appear in order. By keeping track of what Epics are in your trait line & what has been manifesting, you can easily (most times) see what you are missing & then go morph with someone that has that Epic expressed or one of your own. Talents will eventually appear in order too, once you hit all UR talents.
To follow my last post, here is the order in which Epic Powers always appear. There are currently 11 possible Epic Powers (unless more were added with some of the new pets-- haven't seen or read of any though). There's only 10 slots so one may be left out of the equations. And here's the order of Ultra Rare Talents that I have on the majority of my pets and from their bloodline. There are quite a few more Ultra Rare Talents than slots, so your order may vary greatly. I have Poisonous 2 and a couple others in the mix on some pets but this listing is my "main talents bloodline".

Epic Powers

Grants Steadying Speech
Grants Mutineer's Grasp
Grants Shark's Fury
Grants Brutal Charge
Grants Regroup
Grants Rally
Grants Soulreaver
Grants Jobu's Kiss
Grants Kraken's Lament
Grants Back Stab
Grants Cloud Spirit

At max pedigree, or with all Epic powers, 10 of these 11 will always show up in this order, when you have all powers on a pet to Epic. The 10 may vary but they will always be in this order-- minus 1 of course.

Ultra Rare Talents

Grants Blade Storm
Repel Boarders 2
Flanking 2
Grants Turn the Tide
Webs 1
Bloodsucker 2
Charming Gaze 1
Charming Gaze 2
Grants Tough 2
Grants Dodgy 2
Grants Elusive 1

Again this is my list and sometimes Poisonous 2 and a couple others make their way into the mix depending on what pet I am using to morph, but 10 of these 11 UR talents usually show up and always in the order listed above-- minus 1 talent of course.

So if you have multiple maxed pets with 700 pedigree, you can much more easily tell which Epic Powers and/or Ultra Rare Talents are missing on your other 600+ pedigree pets that you are wishing to also max. When morphing a max with a very low pedigree pet, it is very hard to tell what Epics (if any) are in the bloodline for that lower pedigree pet, since it may have only 1 or 2 Epic slots listed...if any. At that stage, just morph it with a max, get the big boost, train it to adult, morph it with a max again, get another smaller boost and repeat. Once it gets closer to max, it will be easier to tell what it is missing in order to get it to max pedigree.

***NOTE*** Keep max pets that express less desirable talents (like non-grants) handy, if simply maxing pets is what you are after. By having a good variety of Ultra Rare Talents expressed, as well as a variety of expressed Epic Powers and UR Talents period on max pets, you will have access to more of the traits that are missing from pets you wish to get to max pedigree. One may need Repel Boarder 2 and Webs 1 to gain those last 20 pedigree points. If you kept that pet that manifested those 2 UR Talents, you can then use it to get that pet over the hump & to max pedigree.

I have been able to raise over a dozen species from that tricky 660+ pedigree range to 700 pedigree, through self morphing with my own 700 stock-- just by using my own records, noting the Power/Talent listings orders & by keeping a variety of expressed Powers/Talents on hand. Trust me it helps a lot!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
OK, I'm impressed, Valkoor.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
OK, I'm impressed, Valkoor.

-Indigo
Aww, shucks-- well to be honest and fair, I have gained quite a bit of in-game knowledge from many helpful pirates out there in the Spiral. Buuuuuut........I also must confess to being a bit geeky when it comes to playing video games. I am a big college football fan and I would even take the time to put in every single player's name, from all 117 College teams, before I would ever play a single snap in the NCAA College Football series games. The rosters would only list real-life players jersey numbers because real college names were not allowed to be used in game, unless you updated via a high speed internet connection. I only played console games without being connected, so I had to do it the "insane way".

I never play a game without notepads, napkins, empty envelopes or some other form of jotting-notes-on accoutrement-- and yes a mirror and forehead work quite well also. I have a couple of folders, composition books and computer files full of P101 tidbits and info. And even take screenshots of some of my morphing attempts, showing their Power/Talent slots before and after and parents used. If I see something interesting take place in battle, as far as off-the-wall numbers, I try to recreate it and take screenshots of it too. I also, take shots of stuff that may need adding to the wiki and any other curiously cool P101 things I may come across. I really, really, really like to learn and especially about things that I don't know too much about. That's why I always ask Ratbeard some out there types of questions relating to numbers, programming and such-- learning is FUNdamental! It may be trivial to him and others, but it's very interesting to me.

There's some pretty intelligent and fascinating pirates roaming the Spiral and when I come across them, I try to chat with them and gain as much insight as possible. My desk and "My Documents" folder on my PC, are quite overflowing with this madness. I'll seek help one day, but for right now I rather enjoy it all.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 12, 2015 wrote:
To follow my last post, here is the order in which Epic Powers always appear. There are currently 11 possible Epic Powers (unless more were added with some of the new pets-- haven't seen or read of any though). There's only 10 slots so one may be left out of the equations. And here's the order of Ultra Rare Talents that I have on the majority of my pets and from their bloodline. There are quite a few more Ultra Rare Talents than slots, so your order may vary greatly. I have Poisonous 2 and a couple others in the mix on some pets but this listing is my "main talents bloodline".

Epic Powers

Grants Steadying Speech
Grants Mutineer's Grasp
Grants Shark's Fury
Grants Brutal Charge
Grants Regroup
Grants Rally
Grants Soulreaver
Grants Jobu's Kiss
Grants Kraken's Lament
Grants Back Stab
Grants Cloud Spirit

At max pedigree, or with all Epic powers, 10 of these 11 will always show up in this order, when you have all powers on a pet to Epic. The 10 may vary but they will always be in this order-- minus 1 of course.

Ultra Rare Talents

Grants Blade Storm
Repel Boarders 2
Flanking 2
Grants Turn the Tide
Webs 1
Bloodsucker 2
Charming Gaze 1
Charming Gaze 2
Grants Tough 2
Grants Dodgy 2
Grants Elusive 1

Again this is my list and sometimes Poisonous 2 and a couple others make their way into the mix depending on what pet I am using to morph, but 10 of these 11 UR talents usually show up and always in the order listed above-- minus 1 talent of course.

So if you have multiple maxed pets with 700 pedigree, you can much more easily tell which Epic Powers and/or Ultra Rare Talents are missing on your other 600+ pedigree pets that you are wishing to also max. When morphing a max with a very low pedigree pet, it is very hard to tell what Epics (if any) are in the bloodline for that lower pedigree pet, since it may have only 1 or 2 Epic slots listed...if any. At that stage, just morph it with a max, get the big boost, train it to adult, morph it with a max again, get another smaller boost and repeat. Once it gets closer to max, it will be easier to tell what it is missing in order to get it to max pedigree.

***NOTE*** Keep max pets that express less desirable talents (like non-grants) handy, if simply maxing pets is what you are after. By having a good variety of Ultra Rare Talents expressed, as well as a variety of expressed Epic Powers and UR Talents period on max pets, you will have access to more of the traits that are missing from pets you wish to get to max pedigree. One may need Repel Boarder 2 and Webs 1 to gain those last 20 pedigree points. If you kept that pet that manifested those 2 UR Talents, you can then use it to get that pet over the hump & to max pedigree.

I have been able to raise over a dozen species from that tricky 660+ pedigree range to 700 pedigree, through self morphing with my own 700 stock-- just by using my own records, noting the Power/Talent listings orders & by keeping a variety of expressed Powers/Talents on hand. Trust me it helps a lot!
Good stuff here Val

I also utilize the same tactics when I try to move a pet from the 600's to 700. I think that this information is extremely useful for anyone who tries to morph pets to higher pedigrees, but really don't understand any of mechanics involved in that process.

Like Valkoor said I cannot stress enough the need to keep a good gene pool of pets that, while are at max level, are pets have not expressed the desired traits you might be working toward unlocking. also it's a good idea to keep those original low lvl first generation pets you can't wait to get rid of. You never know what you might need in the future. and if you sell off all the original parents and useful fails, you can't back track your pedigree to pull out useful items like time warp, eagle eyes, etc..

Don't be so quick to sell off everything you have..lol You'll be surprised how many pet hoarders are in the morph tent..lol

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CrazyVito on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
Good stuff here Val

I also utilize the same tactics when I try to move a pet from the 600's to 700. I think that this information is extremely useful for anyone who tries to morph pets to higher pedigrees, but really don't understand any of mechanics involved in that process.

Like Valkoor said I cannot stress enough the need to keep a good gene pool of pets that, while are at max level, are pets have not expressed the desired traits you might be working toward unlocking. also it's a good idea to keep those original low lvl first generation pets you can't wait to get rid of. You never know what you might need in the future. and if you sell off all the original parents and useful fails, you can't back track your pedigree to pull out useful items like time warp, eagle eyes, etc..

Don't be so quick to sell off everything you have..lol You'll be surprised how many pet hoarders are in the morph tent..lol
Thanks Crazy Vito! And you betcha-- you don't know how many times I have had to rely on my 700 pedigree "failures" that decided to express the Ultra Rare talents repel boarders, bloodsucker 2, webs 1, flanking 2 and/or express the Epic powers Mutineer's Grasp, Soulreaver or Steadying Speech. For my Buccaneer, these traits aren't all that desirable on a pet, but when looking to max a new species they were just what I needed to get the pet past that 660-680 "sticking point".

Just because repel boarders 2, webs 1 or Mutineer's Grasp may have been what the 680 pet needed to get it over that hump and to max pedigree, it doesn't mean that the newly maxed hatchling is going to express those traits by adult-- where you can then re-morph that 700 pedigree pet with a past "successful" 700 pedigree pet, with amazing traits already expressed. It takes a few attempts per maxed pet to get "the one". When only going for maxed pedigree, I tend to just do whatever it takes to get that species to max, then within a couple morphs using that newly maxed pet, I can get the "right traits to show up" on the right species, by morphing it with my other maxed pets.

But like you noted, when going for desirable traits and not necessarily maxed pedigree, it is best to keep any pet that has already expressed that desirable trait...and especially the 1st generation pet. It may take several morphing attempts to get that "desirable trait" to show up on a newer, higher pedigree pet, but you will get there at some point and it will be in the gene pool. Keeping those lower pedigree pets that have great traits expressed can be just what you need to finally get that, "this is the one" kind of pet.

And yes, pet hoarding has become a Spiralwide epidemic. I have 7 houses, each filled with the max (or near max) allowance of pets-- inside and outside. As well as having 2-4 pages of pets on all 5 of my lower level pirates, at any giving time 6-8 pages on my maxed pirate and several pages in my max's bank and the shared bank as well. I posted in another thread but I'll say it here too: passing on "failed hatchlings" (as in when going for a hybrid or specific pet), can be quite a lucrative gold building business. Training them slowly in Sculling, then The Hornpipe and then Monkey Bars, well net your pirate quite a cargo hold of gold to help further your morphing addicti...I mean pastime. Plus they will slowly level up and then you can see just what useful traits they may produce-- traits that may come in handy in your future morphing endeavors. Even an "undesirable" pet can produce the most amazing set of traits.

Happy hoarding and morphing everyone!

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Thanks to all of you and your advice I managed to get a 274 pedigree pet thanks !

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I know many people have raised a 700, but has anyone tried to get the lowest yet?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I know many people have raised a 700, but has anyone tried to get the lowest yet?
Funny that you should mention that, Misty and I were talking about that just last week. She said she saw someone in the tent with a, I think, around a 116 or something like that. She said that he said he was going for the lowest so that he could equip it, so that no one would think to ask him to morph. Guess he was getting tired of his awesome pet attracting too much attention.

I chatted with Misty about how I thought that a pretty low pet would actually be a very good one, since there are many common and uncommon (and rare as well) traits that are quite amazing. I was thinking that having a low pedigree pet with some of these traits would actually be quite desirable from a PvP perspective, because many of those lower traits are designed to stifle the enemy and buff your crew. All of the grants out there aren't really as useful as many of the lower ranked traits, especially when it comes to PvP.

So now I must, understandably so, accept your challenge and de-pedigree my pet hoard. Hopefully I'll report back soon with a sub-100. Advanced pet system, more like Advanced-no-sleep-red-eyed-left-eye-twitchin'-sore-keester-scribbled-notes-crumpled-papers-system.

Thanks Decius....thanks a lot!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Haha a few of us were talking about this in the tent just the other night. Makes we wonder if you were hiding in there eavesdropping.

The lowest possible pedigree is 20 I believe. I think I have one that is a 120ish pedigree but that is as low as I have and while it is a fun challenge I believe I will pass on that one for now.

Maybe someone else will accept your challenge Barney Stinson style.

~Clumsy Calamity

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
I'm just wondering what would be the point of someone using their resources to develop the lowest possible pedigree? Not just one pet but an entire pet line devoted to a group of pets that you never plan on using. For fun?
I thought the whole point of dealing with pets at all was to create a pet that was as useful to the player as possible. I'm kinda glad you asked that question though..You're the guy in charge of the pets and its helpful to occasionally see the way you think.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
1. I do linger in the morphing tent just to listen quite a bit.
2. I was also thinking for pvp if I could morph up my own sub 100 pet would be a lot of fun.
3. Get your sleep.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
1. I do linger in the morphing tent just to listen quite a bit.
2. I was also thinking for pvp if I could morph up my own sub 100 pet would be a lot of fun.
3. Get your sleep.
So if someone happened to walk up to you and ask if you were Decius, would you say yes?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
Aww, shucks-- well to be honest and fair, I have gained quite a bit of in-game knowledge from many helpful pirates out there in the Spiral. Buuuuuut........I also must confess to being a bit geeky when it comes to playing video games. I am a big college football fan and I would even take the time to put in every single player's name, from all 117 College teams, before I would ever play a single snap in the NCAA College Football series games. The rosters would only list real-life players jersey numbers because real college names were not allowed to be used in game, unless you updated via a high speed internet connection. I only played console games without being connected, so I had to do it the "insane way".

I never play a game without notepads, napkins, empty envelopes or some other form of jotting-notes-on accoutrement-- and yes a mirror and forehead work quite well also. I have a couple of folders, composition books and computer files full of P101 tidbits and info. And even take screenshots of some of my morphing attempts, showing their Power/Talent slots before and after and parents used. If I see something interesting take place in battle, as far as off-the-wall numbers, I try to recreate it and take screenshots of it too. I also, take shots of stuff that may need adding to the wiki and any other curiously cool P101 things I may come across. I really, really, really like to learn and especially about things that I don't know too much about. That's why I always ask Ratbeard some out there types of questions relating to numbers, programming and such-- learning is FUNdamental! It may be trivial to him and others, but it's very interesting to me.

There's some pretty intelligent and fascinating pirates roaming the Spiral and when I come across them, I try to chat with them and gain as much insight as possible. My desk and "My Documents" folder on my PC, are quite overflowing with this madness. I'll seek help one day, but for right now I rather enjoy it all.
Goodness, Valkoor, I thought I was a little nutty to keep a notebook just for pets by the computer as I play -- well, at least I got that impression from the looks my kids gave me -- though perhaps because it says 'This Book belongs to Anne Radcliffe,' in nice 18th C. copperplate script on the cover! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one carefully recording what my numerous pets like to eat, hybrid attempts, pet lineages...that sort of thing.

And while I am very interested in creating the 'uber' pet, that is a concept that is fine-tuned to the character. The popping up of the trait 'Grants Bladestorm' was an immense help to Anne, my swashbuckler. Add that to her first strike & riposte and she has become a very dangerous character indeed. Right now I am playing especially with getting the combinations Grants Bladestorm/Grants Regroup/Grants Rally with the pet herself (or himself) capable of charming gaze, group healing, and 'sneaky sneaky'. Cuteness is also very important to me - which is why the darling pink marshadillow and her numerous progeny often appear in the mix.

I am getting some very interesting pets indeed!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Goodness, Valkoor, I thought I was a little nutty to keep a notebook just for pets by the computer as I play -- well, at least I got that impression from the looks my kids gave me -- though perhaps because it says 'This Book belongs to Anne Radcliffe,' in nice 18th C. copperplate script on the cover! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one carefully recording what my numerous pets like to eat, hybrid attempts, pet lineages...that sort of thing.

And while I am very interested in creating the 'uber' pet, that is a concept that is fine-tuned to the character. The popping up of the trait 'Grants Bladestorm' was an immense help to Anne, my swashbuckler. Add that to her first strike & riposte and she has become a very dangerous character indeed. Right now I am playing especially with getting the combinations Grants Bladestorm/Grants Regroup/Grants Rally with the pet herself (or himself) capable of charming gaze, group healing, and 'sneaky sneaky'. Cuteness is also very important to me - which is why the darling pink marshadillow and her numerous progeny often appear in the mix.

I am getting some very interesting pets indeed!
You put 'This Book belongs to Anne Radcliffe', in copperplate script, on a notebook filled with P101 tidbits and info-- now that is, to quote, definitely "a little NUTTY!"

Actually I think it's pretty darn awesome, I'm even thinking about getting some Valkoor coffee mugs with faces and names of my favorite pets all over them. Imagine my elation upon taking that last sip and seeing ol' Gritty Sniffles, my faithful and cute little Heck Kitty, smiling at me. Or Lady Midnight & Smokey- my gentle hearted Bullrogs, or my Lil' Labor Golem, Sneaky Diesel, or my fuzzy little Sabretoothed Bunny named Mighty Rusty, and how could I forget my Mechanical Owl, Simon or Sparky, my Stormtiger Shark. I better stop before I get too sentimental.

Yes and Yes, I sure do record lots and lots of morphing data, pet lineage data, pet feeding data, combat numbers data and even Star Trek Data, data! Ok, so not the latter one. But yeah, I really like to immerse myself into the different aspects of a game and learn from them as I also thoroughly enjoy them.

And I absolutely agree that the pet has to fit the character and the class as well. By using a great mix of traits and keeping track of where, and in which pets, certain traits "reside", you can really diversify and create that amazing and exceptionally useful pet for each of your pirates. I have used Valkoor to create a page or 2 of class-specific pets, with traits/grants/powers/talents geared towards helping the respective classes, that I have passed onto my other classes. Although quite a bit unfair to the lower leveled enemies, my young Swash currently possesses a Fire Toad with Grants Rally, Grants Jobu's Kiss, Grants Regroup, Grants Blade Storm, Grants Dodgy +2 and Charming Gaze 2-- a pet that will retain it's usefulness and powerful assets as my Swash grows. Same goes for my other pirates, they are equipped with pets that possess grants, powers and talents that will surely benefit them and their class, with plenty of "spare pets" for certain, special occasions. I just recently had a 690 Fire Lizard display Merciless 2, Sneaky Sneaky 2 and Charming Gaze 2 along with some really nice buccaneer power grants as well. What a good boy he is.

Oh, I also agree that there's something to be said about the cuteness of a pet and having wonderful traits manifest on some of your favorite cuties. It's the best of both worlds.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
You put 'This Book belongs to Anne Radcliffe', in copperplate script, on a notebook filled with P101 tidbits and info-- now that is, to quote, definitely "a little NUTTY!"

Actually I think it's pretty darn awesome, I'm even thinking about getting some Valkoor coffee mugs with faces and names of my favorite pets all over them. Imagine my elation upon taking that last sip and seeing ol' Gritty Sniffles, my faithful and cute little Heck Kitty, smiling at me. Or Lady Midnight & Smokey- my gentle hearted Bullrogs, or my Lil' Labor Golem, Sneaky Diesel, or my fuzzy little Sabretoothed Bunny named Mighty Rusty, and how could I forget my Mechanical Owl, Simon or Sparky, my Stormtiger Shark. I better stop before I get too sentimental.

Yes and Yes, I sure do record lots and lots of morphing data, pet lineage data, pet feeding data, combat numbers data and even Star Trek Data, data! Ok, so not the latter one. But yeah, I really like to immerse myself into the different aspects of a game and learn from them as I also thoroughly enjoy them.

And I absolutely agree that the pet has to fit the character and the class as well. By using a great mix of traits and keeping track of where, and in which pets, certain traits "reside", you can really diversify and create that amazing and exceptionally useful pet for each of your pirates. I have used Valkoor to create a page or 2 of class-specific pets, with traits/grants/powers/talents geared towards helping the respective classes, that I have passed onto my other classes. Although quite a bit unfair to the lower leveled enemies, my young Swash currently possesses a Fire Toad with Grants Rally, Grants Jobu's Kiss, Grants Regroup, Grants Blade Storm, Grants Dodgy +2 and Charming Gaze 2-- a pet that will retain it's usefulness and powerful assets as my Swash grows. Same goes for my other pirates, they are equipped with pets that possess grants, powers and talents that will surely benefit them and their class, with plenty of "spare pets" for certain, special occasions. I just recently had a 690 Fire Lizard display Merciless 2, Sneaky Sneaky 2 and Charming Gaze 2 along with some really nice buccaneer power grants as well. What a good boy he is.

Oh, I also agree that there's something to be said about the cuteness of a pet and having wonderful traits manifest on some of your favorite cuties. It's the best of both worlds.
Hey, I have a shark named Sparky too! I thought it a particularly good name for a shark.

But in all seriousness, Valkoor, thank you for that chart of Epic and Ultra Rare talents. That provides a very good checklist to observe and measure my pets against... in my 'Anne Radcliffe' pet book, of course!

And I seriously want to morph one of my fine and lovely pets with your 690 Fire Lizard. 'Merciless 2 'and 'Charming Gaze 2' are traits I would really, really like to see in my pet gene pool!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Hey, I have a shark named Sparky too! I thought it a particularly good name for a shark.

But in all seriousness, Valkoor, thank you for that chart of Epic and Ultra Rare talents. That provides a very good checklist to observe and measure my pets against... in my 'Anne Radcliffe' pet book, of course!

And I seriously want to morph one of my fine and lovely pets with your 690 Fire Lizard. 'Merciless 2 'and 'Charming Gaze 2' are traits I would really, really like to see in my pet gene pool!
Hello Anne and that's pretty neat about the Sparky Sharky! I simply couldn't resist both the rhyme and the reason-- hence using that name for the Stormtiger.

I would be happy to morph a Fire Lizard with any one of your fine pets. I was mistaken though about the Lizard having all three traits-- Gaze 2, Merciless 2 and Sneaky Sneaky 2-- actually expressed already. I was thinking of, and combining, 2 Lizards that each had 2 of the 3 expressed (and there's dozens of those Flamin' Lizards on Valkoor). TOO MANY PETS!!! For some reason I thought all 3 showed up on the same pet, but I do have a 680 with Gaze 2 and Sneaky 2, and a 690 with Merciless 2 and Sneaky 2 expressed-- plus some with just Merciless 2 or Gaze 2 already manifested. I wouldn't really recommend having Sneaky Sneaky (1 or 2) and Charming Gaze 2 in your gene pool though. If your pet manifests both and decides to use Sneaky and hide after most rounds, that really limits the opportunities for it to charm, up to, multiple enemies- since the enemies won't be able to target and attempt to strike the hidden pet, thus no charming attempted either. However, the chances of both Sneaky and Gaze showing up on the same pet are low due to randomness, so it may still worth "toying" with other possible combinations.

But all 3 of those traits are in the gene pool for about 1 1/2 dozen of my 680+ Fire Lizards (and some Ice Lizards)...with Gaze 1 as well, so Gaze 3 is always possible too. I do have 12-15 that are nearing their teens, so they should be ready for morphing in a couple days, as well. All of those are from the Merciless 2/Gaze 2 gene pool as well. With all of the possibilities, one pet should surely produce both traits you are looking for, on that same pet.

I'll try to look for you in game between now and the end of the weekend. I may not be able to get in game a whole lot in the next few days, but when I do I will keep a watchful eye out for you and we can hopefully transfer some Merciful Gazing into your broods' gene pool. Or I can send you a message on Central, when I know for certain that I will be getting in game and we can try to meet up that way. Most likely it will not be until after 9pm EST for Thursday and Friday, but I may get more time over the weekend. One way or another, we'll get them critters of yours showing no mercy and gazing with both eyes, instead of just one! (that is the difference between Gaze 1 and 2, right?)