Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Get deacon as a companion!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I was wondering about why you get attacked by Deacon so early in the game. So you should get him as a companion after you defeat him. Everyone should get him. Deacon should start with burst fire and overwatch 2 and you can teach him two new epics, which are overwatch 3, burst fire 2, crossfire and quick draw. Deacon's costume will be the base color of your flag and the trim and cane will be your flags trim color. I really hope this can happen!

See ya around!

Crazy Mitchell, lvl 56 swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
@Ultra Pirate 10101, I think this is a great idea! Then, later in the game, you have him tell you Armada's secrets!!(!!) and even give out the plans of Kane and so. Also, your "epic and talents" ideas were gr8!

Ensign
Mar 19, 2014
I love the idea! I really like the flag collar ideas and him telling you the armadas secrets!

Ensign
Apr 06, 2014
Nice try. deacon is the most dead foul clockwork spy master no you can't get him as a companion.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
I hate to sound rude at a time like this, but having an elite armada clockwork in our crew would pretty much ruin the whole "bad feel" with the armada. I doubt we will ever receive an armada companion anytime soon and remember that Blind Mew made a forum post about these armada companion ideas in this very forum. I think you should check it out and view his opinions about these characters.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How would you be able to trust him? He was a Spymaster, after all. He would just lie to us, then betray us to Kane.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
626Eanostman123 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Nice try. deacon is the most dead foul clockwork spy master no you can't get him as a companion.
Lol at level 30 armarda companion not happening altough i did have an idea where once you deafeat Kane this would happen
Musks get deacon
Buccs get rooke
Witchs get bishop or phule
Privateers get Kane
Swashies get queen

Ensign
Jun 05, 2014
I think it would be cool! He turns good!!! And helps you on el dorado, to help find maps where they are!!! Its a good idea

Level 23 Bucanner

Ensign
Feb 03, 2013
I Want Deacon as a companion and Plus Ratbeard was Bad So why Not deacon And his Promotion would Be
Like armada Captain Then He would help you defeat Kane

From
Black Benjamin Bowman

Level 23 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
Great idea! When you get him as a companion, he should tell you the plans of what the armada is planning to do with the spiral and shangri la (el dorado) Bad Diego Stevenson lvl 48

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
An Armada companion has been repeatedly said not to happen by Blind Mew, it would cause us to be sympathetic towards them. So it would ruin the 'faceless enemy' image we have of them.

Ensign
Dec 29, 2010
626Eanostman123 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
It's only an idea that should be implemented

Community Leader
Interesting idea, I personally am not fond of it, but to each his own.

I couldn't find the thread, but I am pretty sure Blind Mew said this wasn't going to happen, or at least wasn't going to happen in the storyline any time soon.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CoolRancher on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
It's only an idea that should be implemented
Welcome to the message boards CoolRancher. Cool ideas are always welcome here. This particular one has been tossed around before and Blind Mew said that he is not in favor of such an idea. It would take away the delightful creepiness of the dreaded Armada.

In my opinion, it would be like having a Chucky doll or a Pennywise the clown doll. The creep factor would keep me awake for sure and as superstitious as sailors are, I am sure my crew would be constantly, accidently, knocking it overboard.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I wouldn't want an Armada companion! It would totally ruin the idea of them being the enemy. Now, once we finish the first arc of the Pirate101 story (the Armada and El Dorado) it may be possible. But until we've gotten to El Dorado and/or defeated Kane, I highly doubt that the developers would give us a clockwork companion. The Armada should remain our worst enemies until they've been completely defeated.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ugh, I thought this post had 'died', please let it 'die'.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
now i will try to be as nice and unscathing as i can about this really i will.

this idea cannot happen due to several reasons

one deacon is one of Kane's inner court so him turning traitor would take A LOT of reprogramming.
two, i don't WANT deacon on my crew i want the smash him to pieces! heck at first i didn't even want RATBEARD on my crew. (then i realized what went wrong with Lasko and the others and understood)
Deacon is a lot worse
three i have seen many a devolper say that you won't get an armada troop as a companion ever.-- would i be kinda cool to have a clockwork companion? Well when you think about it yeah kinda. perhaps a quest where you track down the guy who made them? (idk i'm in cool ranch so idk if the guy is still around) and he makes you your owun clockwork soldier? of course it's not nearly as creeepy as the armada perhaps looks like the wodden golems from clockwork tower in wizard 101? -- beacuse the armada is supposed to be a daunting foe with no mercy or understanding. you aren't supposed to understand them you companions don't understand them your pet doesn't understand them ,and the lamp post doesn't understand anything.
so in conclusion hahahaha NO. though the golem idea is an interquing one when i think about it.

Jason Carter level 33 Buccaneer

Admiral
May 30, 2010
BenBenG01 on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
I Want Deacon as a companion and Plus Ratbeard was Bad So why Not deacon And his Promotion would Be
Like armada Captain Then He would help you defeat Kane

From
Black Benjamin Bowman

Level 23 Swashbuckler
Ratbeard was bad, not evil. Ratbeard is an anthropomorphized rat, and so capable of emotion, which means it's possible for him to 'see the light' as he did. Deacon is not. We are not master programmers, and could not reprogram him to be good.

He'd be untrustworthy as all get-out. I think the clockwork militia look cool, but I don't want one on my crew.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
personally i'd like to have a robot army at my beck and call. would make sacking that village a lot easier

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I feel like Deacon has his story set in stone right now. I mean, after all of Deacon's appearances and our fight with him I don't think they would change all that story and give him as a companion. He would be cool though if he was fighting for us.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Yeah I also have had that same idea of deacon as a companion I even made a whole topic about a way to add him in but blind mew has already said that he would most likely never add any armada soldier or elite as a companion for the reason (as someone else already said) that it would not fit the armada bad/evil quality or look as well

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
ultra pirate 10101... on May 12, 2014 wrote:
I was wondering about why you get attacked by Deacon so early in the game. So you should get him as a companion after you defeat him. Everyone should get him. Deacon should start with burst fire and overwatch 2 and you can teach him two new epics, which are overwatch 3, burst fire 2, crossfire and quick draw. Deacon's costume will be the base color of your flag and the trim and cane will be your flags trim color. I really hope this can happen!

See ya around!

Crazy Mitchell, lvl 56 swashbuckler
i'd like to get him as a companion so me and subodai can use him as a punching bag! he is the one who imprisoned us ya know lol.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
The closest thing I'd want as a clockwork companion is a golem. I would much rather keep the armada as an enemy, for the sake of my sanity and for the sake of the whole "villain" picture.
Now on the topic of golem companions, there already is one (technically) in the game. Prince Yulefest (Whom I enjoy seeing in every battle I take part in) is essentially a clockwork at a basic level. He has the animations of an Armada Sniper Elite, yet is completely loyal to you. I think Prince Yulefest is the closest thing we're getting any time soon.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2009
If you want him lol he is the most dead armada troop..lvl 15 privateer

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
An... ELITE? A elite as a companion? The armada will never be are companions so stop making posts about it! Blind mew already said we will pretty much never ever ever get a armada companion. I would not like one anyway! How would they even be our friends? Perhaps MAYBE, the developers MIGHT, but probably, no. But a clockwork sorta companion thing, like the same idea but NOT, maybe i would. Like, maybe in book 15, when we meet G, the guy who knows how to defeat Kane, he will have some sort of clockwork janitor he made when he got too old and we get him as a companion, because he wants to fight his brothers. Idk. The armada turned evil, they used to be good, so who knows? A golem companion would be cool, like in wizard 101. Maybe a collasoul companion! BUT NO CLOCKWORKS!