Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No one is really online

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
So when i go on my witchdoctor I notice no one is online and I go to play wizard 101 and there is more people on.Does anyone else have this problem?thanks for reading see you in the spiral and I was maybe thinking about making a pirate101 film

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
yep, i hear ya rebecca, and its because ki is taking so long to update, this is exactly what happened first time around, people finished the game, and then got bored because of taking too long to update, and so stopped playing, i can list actually list to ki by name a number of people who stopped playing for this reason.

you all probably wont know who i am talking about but i am just saying so you all can see.

Alex
Elizabeth (i think)
Hunter
Felicity,
Cody
Isaac
Shelby

and there are a good deal more, ki, your actually losing players every time this point comes, when people finish the game and get bored, they stop playing.. i am noticing my friends come on less and less, you gotta do something.

Xavier

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
There are only 5 million people ( Thats alot!!! Congrats KI! )And wizard101 has 35 million. Eatheir that OR people are in different time zones.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I hear ya. I myself am just biding my time for the new update. I haven't gone on since the haunted galleon, and before that my last time online was early August. I hate to be one of the guys who demands for an update, but it feels like KI is kinda overdue. I think it's been a longer gap than the game's opening and the MB/AQ updates (A two book update compared to the next one's supposed one book update), and that kinda hurts the game's popularity. I feel like we've hit a point where the gears have just stopped turning, and KI needs to fix that soon. the game may still be getting new players, but loosing many dedicated subscribers would be a very bad thing.

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Speed Switch on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
yep, i hear ya rebecca, and its because ki is taking so long to update, this is exactly what happened first time around, people finished the game, and then got bored because of taking too long to update, and so stopped playing, i can list actually list to ki by name a number of people who stopped playing for this reason.

you all probably wont know who i am talking about but i am just saying so you all can see.

Alex
Elizabeth (i think)
Hunter
Felicity,
Cody
Isaac
Shelby

and there are a good deal more, ki, your actually losing players every time this point comes, when people finish the game and get bored, they stop playing.. i am noticing my friends come on less and less, you gotta do something.

Xavier
I somewhat agree with you, mate. I haven't quit the game at all, and probably never will till the end, but I do get on less often due to the fact that there's nothing else for me to do as of right now. I get on every once in a while to help old friends, finish buying and decorating houses, checking the new updates, and so on (show off my new Halloween ship ), but that's about it...

However, when the next chapter comes out, you can't NOT see me running around somewhere in the Spiral, lol. I'm usually always on till I finish that part of the story line, and once I finish the game, I go into 'hibernation' again till next time. I can't help it, but to me, it's like reading a good book: You keep reading and reading and never wanting to stop cause you're curious as to what the next page holds (or in this case, the next quest), but then you finish the book and you're sad because the story's over (you finished that part of the story line)... then you find the sequel and all is great again! (another chapter comes out)

I don't want KI to rush anything, but I feel that it's almost time for another BIG update pretty soon... that is... if I'm doing my math correctly, lol.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Speed Switch on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:

Alex
Elizabeth (i think)
Hunter
Felicity,
Cody
Isaac
Shelby

Xavier
This is a common process in many MMO's. During the "break" period between major updates, many gamers choose to stop paying and wait until the next update. Once the next update comes, the players then pay money and continue playing. They then stop paying once they finished thier desires. One suggestion KI should do is make a team that focuses on keeping players during the "break". I suggest KI focus on making a really cool thing (every two months or so), and maybe split the cool thing into several parts. One part will be available in week 1, the other released in week 2.

Here is a simulation of a Halloween Thingy which is fairly simple and engages players to not stop paying during the break. Remeber players will have to do the 4 different parts in 4 different weeks. Part 1 is free, but the rest of the parts require cheap amounts of crowns (say 50 for part 2, 175 for part 4) or membership.

Part 1 (Week 1):
The same statue thing KI planned.

Part 2 (Week 2):
A dark cave of mystery that Vadima tells us to go to (in a Cool Ranch setting [Not in the Cool ranch Realm]) The levels of the enemy is two levels higher than you. After killing a spider, reading some creepy symbols on the wall, you fight a ghost with a key. Vadima tells this key will open a chest with a mysterious treasure from an ancient monkey temple. Items earned depend on your level. Can be repeated.

Part 3 (week 3):
Kill a bunch of ghost ships that appear in a MarleyBone setting. Then go to strange stormgate and fight Ezcarabon (ancient monkey evil king). Get the chest from him. Open chest. Before Ezcarabon fades ino history, he blabbers about Nobaracze, the terror that awaits if you open the chest. You open chest and strange screams appear. Items depend on level. Can be repeated

Part 4 (week 4):
Idk, but you get the idea.

Ensign
May 21, 2008
Golden Guardian on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
This is a common process in many MMO's. During the "break" period between major updates, many gamers choose to stop paying and wait until the next update. Once the next update comes, the players then pay money and continue playing. They then stop paying once they finished thier desires. One suggestion KI should do is make a team that focuses on keeping players during the "break". I suggest KI focus on making a really cool thing (every two months or so), and maybe split the cool thing into several parts. One part will be available in week 1, the other released in week 2.

Here is a simulation of a Halloween Thingy which is fairly simple and engages players to not stop paying during the break. Remeber players will have to do the 4 different parts in 4 different weeks. Part 1 is free, but the rest of the parts require cheap amounts of crowns (say 50 for part 2, 175 for part 4) or membership.

Part 1 (Week 1):

Part 2 (Week 2):
A dark cave of mystery that Vadima tells us to go to (in a Cool Ranch setting [Not in the Cool ranch Realm]) The levels of the enemy is two levels higher than you. After killing a spider, reading some creepy symbols on the wall, you fight a ghost with a key. Vadima tells this key will open a chest with a mysterious treasure from an ancient monkey temple. Items earned depend on your level. Can be repeated.

Part 3 (week 3):
Kill a bunch of ghost ships that appear in a MarleyBone setting. Then go to strange stormgate and fight Ezcarabon (ancient monkey evil king). Get the chest from him. Open chest. Before Ezcarabon fades ino history, he blabbers about Nobaracze, the terror that awaits if you open the chest. You open chest and strange screams appear. Items depend on level. Can be repeated

Part 4 (week 4):
Golden Guardian is spot on about veteran players taking a break between updates, however as new players both my Wife and I have noticed Pirate 101 seems far more populated than most MMOs, so if this is considered "no one online" then I can't wait to see what busy is!

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
when I am done with the game so far, I help other players with questing, or farming friar sand, or someone else that drops some nice gear for my pirates, or get my ship nautical to the max, get my companions to the max, I never get bored of the game

Blaze

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Golden Guardian on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:

Part 1 (Week 1):

Part 2 (Week 2):

Part 3 (week 3):

Part 4 (week 4):
Woah... part 3 sounds intense... I wouldn't mind seeing part 3 added to the game, lol.

Honestly, I think KI may already be finished with whatever world they've created, but they are waiting to update the game because they're working on the next world (maybe so the next NEXT update won't take as long or something ). Idk, this is all nothing more than pure guesses... I like your ideas though

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
krokotopia pirate on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
So when i go on my witchdoctor I notice no one is online and I go to play wizard 101 and there is more people on.Does anyone else have this problem?thanks for reading see you in the spiral and I was maybe thinking about making a pirate101 film
When I get on wizard101 I have about 1-3 friends on, most of them quit the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Blaze Carter on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
when I am done with the game so far, I help other players with questing, or farming friar sand, or someone else that drops some nice gear for my pirates, or get my ship nautical to the max, get my companions to the max, I never get bored of the game

Blaze
I agree, I never get bored either. There is always something to do.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Lol, personally, I don't play until the weekends, and am only level 48 so I will be playing for a while!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Loktofeit on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
Golden Guardian is spot on about veteran players taking a break between updates, however as new players both my Wife and I have noticed Pirate 101 seems far more populated than most MMOs, so if this is considered "no one online" then I can't wait to see what busy is!
If it seems pretty crowded to you, try switching realms.

It is quiet when I'm on. I have two pirates in a holding pattern until they can get more experience -- I dislike doing quests and not being able to collect the experience.

My low levels are slogging away, but I'm spending more time with my wizards ATM since I still have room for growth with more wizards than pirates.

Ensign
Oct 06, 2013
I feel like everybody is online. Just nobody is really that social. Which is completely disappointing. Hanging out with friends at a house or just around the spiral is what makes the game for me.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Call me old, but this topic was the perfect time to ask a simple little question: are they ever going to make a commemorative statue about the amount of players in p101 like they did in w101? and possibly give free stuff like they did. Anyhow I see a lot of people on as much as I do see on w101. And yes, time zones is a big issue, do you possibly live in a separate country or other? like Australia? That may solve the case, because most of all the players are in the continent of NA and SA. Also did you check which realm you were in? That's another factor. Anyhow I hope you aren't getting lonely from this.

Skinny Duncan Roland
Endgamer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DuncanRoland The E... on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Call me old, but this topic was the perfect time to ask a simple little question: are they ever going to make a commemorative statue about the amount of players in p101 like they did in w101? and possibly give free stuff like they did. Anyhow I see a lot of people on as much as I do see on w101. And yes, time zones is a big issue, do you possibly live in a separate country or other? like Australia? That may solve the case, because most of all the players are in the continent of NA and SA. Also did you check which realm you were in? That's another factor. Anyhow I hope you aren't getting lonely from this.

Skinny Duncan Roland
Endgamer
They did, That is what the gratitude statue is all about, Pirate101 having its 5 millionth player.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
personally i kinda agree here's the basic rundown of some realms
avery-the pirate101 equievalent of toon valley
blind mew-decently populated
the rest-barely any people
also i feel the reason is because kingisle is in some ways in my opinion,an underatted company but that's just me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
They did, That is what the gratitude statue is all about, Pirate101 having its 5 millionth player.
Oh yea, they gave us a patch for that too.

Community Leader
How many others you see around will definitely "start" with what realm your in.

Avery and Boochbeard are the busy realms, where you usually find players.

Me and my crews usually move to the slower realms to avoid traffic.
All a matter of play style/desire. =)

When I solo, and need any kind of help (usually with ships) I will almost always change to Avery Realm to increase my chances of finding other ships battling!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Here's th' thin', we pirates need a new seven seas, at least let's get to th' maiden voyage realm wit' it or band 'o pirates be dodgin' forever!

pirate101 need some lovin', them wizards have that be all I can take new stuff 'n we have nothin'! brin' it on KI

brin' it on
sincerely, a close bucko 'o ratbeard