Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The best world, cool ranch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2010
Ok, first things first, go cool ranch for being the world topic with the most topics!Anyway, this is just my opinion,
but I think cool ranch is the best world.I mean, first of all, it gives you an awesome companion, El Toro.
And, they've got some pretty cool clothes in the world, and not just the cowboy and musician stuff, I personally
like the indian stuff.It's a main part in my ancestry, and you got to admit, the chief feather hat thingy is pretty cool

To bad I'm a swashbuckler and can't wear it .But anyway, the npcs' clothes and weapons are cool too.Well, that's all I got to say, awl be bock ...

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
korgan002 on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
Ok, first things first, go cool ranch for being the world topic with the most topics!Anyway, this is just my opinion,
but I think cool ranch is the best world.I mean, first of all, it gives you an awesome companion, El Toro.
And, they've got some pretty cool clothes in the world, and not just the cowboy and musician stuff, I personally
like the indian stuff.It's a main part in my ancestry, and you got to admit, the chief feather hat thingy is pretty cool

To bad I'm a swashbuckler and can't wear it .But anyway, the npcs' clothes and weapons are cool too.Well, that's all I got to say, awl be bock ...
Actually, (heh just gotta point this out) you could stitch the Indian feather hat with another hat and be able to wear it! Just make the appearance the feather hat and the stats some other hat that you can wear. (I'd choose a hat with good stats though....... Like an extra health boost )

Rachel - Level 47

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
El toro is my best companion.I also love the music,and all the jokes.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Best world?

I respectfully disagree - it is far and away my least favorite. El Toro is indeed awesome on that point I am in compete agreement. But the world/skyway itself? I always heave a huge sigh of relief when I make it to Mooshoo with one of my characters.

Part of my lack of enthusiasm is, admittedly, personal taste: I think the cowboys-and-Indians motif is aesthetically a bad fit in a pirate game. So, the clothes all have to be stitched, the companions (el Toro excepted) shoved as far down the crew list as possible, and the ships ignored.

But in terms of game-play, it is also my least favorite. It is huge, and we are there forever (the Port Regal vacation helps a bit). Probably I wouldn't mind how long we are there if the Wild West theme didn't grate on me. But the size and layout of the skyways is a problem - far too much time is spent sailing back and forth looooong distances, and it becomes tedious. Of all the realms, it is in Cool Ranch where you have the most dead time sailing back and forth between locations.

Ensign
Sep 07, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Awesomeguy23451 on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
I'm close to finishing i'm so happy
Lol, well congratulations on your accomplishment. You are gonna be in your great Mooshu ship soon and enjoying the great scenery in no time. Well done.

Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
I think cool ranch is awesome i just need help on where you first talk to free ranger

Signed,

Stocky Austin Moone

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Indigo Ring on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
Best world?

I respectfully disagree - it is far and away my least favorite. El Toro is indeed awesome on that point I am in compete agreement. But the world/skyway itself? I always heave a huge sigh of relief when I make it to Mooshoo with one of my characters.

Part of my lack of enthusiasm is, admittedly, personal taste: I think the cowboys-and-Indians motif is aesthetically a bad fit in a pirate game. So, the clothes all have to be stitched, the companions (el Toro excepted) shoved as far down the crew list as possible, and the ships ignored.

But in terms of game-play, it is also my least favorite. It is huge, and we are there forever (the Port Regal vacation helps a bit). Probably I wouldn't mind how long we are there if the Wild West theme didn't grate on me. But the size and layout of the skyways is a problem - far too much time is spent sailing back and forth looooong distances, and it becomes tedious. Of all the realms, it is in Cool Ranch where you have the most dead time sailing back and forth between locations.
Unfortunately, sorry guys, I agree with him.

I'm not too much of a western girl, although it does add a fun culture. El Toro makes it fun too, and the quest line is a bit interesting. However, it suddenly gets boring when you have to do so much Nautical combat! Also, it is the LONGEST world I've ever been to. There are like, 6 skyways: Cooper's Roost, Santo Pollo, Tumbleweed, Big Sky, Arroyo Grande, and the Haunted Skyway. (However, the clothes weren't that bad.) And I have to agree on the tedious distance being sailed between skyways.

However, I will tell you this: Once you arrive in Mooshu, the battles are kicked to a higher level. The enemies have a HUGE health jump. I don't like Mooshu too much, I mean it's too hard.... -shudders- What do you guys think about Mooshu?

Bonnie Anne: I actually like Mooshu, it's very beautiful.

Kobe Yojimbo: Are you kidding? We both grew up there, of course I love it!

El Toro: Very amazing. It is as if I never left home.

Oh.... So it seems as if they don't care about the difficulty at all... Oh well. See you in Mooshu!

Pretty Cheryl Walker level 42

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Cool Ranch was always my fav. The rich western story was simply amazing. The evening colored skyways were breathtaking, apart from the storyline-fun,funny, sometimes scary and even sad ...
And I'm just getting started! I noticed how everyone are complaining that the world is though, but that's not the reason to hate it. I mostly like the worlds for their story and background.
As for Toro ... epic ... that's the one word that describes this hero. And I'm not saying that because of a crush or anything. I very often find all kinds of comments ( maybe not here ) where fangirls have a big crush on that guy, while boys keep bragging about his epics ... sheesh .
No, I like El Toro, for his reminding of my childhood. I'm talking about Zorro. Where I was a four year old, who didn't understand much, suddenly on TV I see Zorro's face. That's where it hit me ... it's weird I even knew who he was ...
'' Does that make me your favorite companion?'' asks Toro.
'' I never said that'' answers Ashley. Her face was turning slightly red, obviously hiding something. The bull noticed this and loughs.
'' At least not for now. If I drop Zeena lower, her arrows are gonna be in my every nightmare ...'' Ashley thinks.

Fair Ashley Holystone

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Sister you are talking my language! I LOVE Cool Ranch!

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
pirate101 lover on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
Sister you are talking my language! I LOVE Cool Ranch!
Hey! That's my line! lol

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
I agree and disagree. Cool Ranch is my favorite world so far but defiantly not the easiest. My favorite part about it is the high damage weapons, the clothes, and how much money a good treasure chest gives you. Though if I had to pick one it would be the treasure chest gold. I mean, the most I've ever gotten from them I about 315 gold! While in other worlds you get like 20 gold per battle. I do agree that Cool Ranch lasts a VERY long time. I also agree that it takes a long period of time to sail back and forth to your destination. I do like the theme and places there though. I also have to disagree that El Toro is the best companion. Sorry El Toro but Sarah Steele, Lucy Sterling, Bonnie Anne, and Nurse Quinn will always be at the top of my list. My first two companions will always be Sarah Steele and Lucy Sterling. ( Don't ask why I got Lucy Sterling even though I'm a swashbuckler and already have Sarah Steele. Lets just say that I liked Sarah Steele so much that I got Lucy Sterling). Sorry that I wrote so much but I wanted to share my opinion. So Lindsay is out!
Kelly987789
or as my favorite pirate,
Lindsay level 25 swashbuckler