Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 tournaments plz read!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Now that wizard101 has tournaments why not have pirate101 tournaments it would awesome it would be fights with no companions just you vs. another pirate all the way to the end and the winner gets gold and the size of the gold would be determined by how big the tournament is and in every tournament a player has to pay 2,000 gold per tournament so depending how many people are competing in it is the outcome of how much gold could be won. More players= more gold less players = less gold simple. What do you think developers and players do you like this idea.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 61
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 65

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
A Gold = Crowns Converter could be made: 100 Gold= One Crown and of course it would be simple to get Crowns but Member would stay the same! A solution to our overloading Gold and the Wizard City Bank/ Skull Island National Bank. or just one or the other.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Sniper Rose on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
A Gold = Crowns Converter could be made: 100 Gold= One Crown and of course it would be simple to get Crowns but Member would stay the same! A solution to our overloading Gold and the Wizard City Bank/ Skull Island National Bank. or just one or the other.
I don't think that this could work because if a player had 200,000 gold, they could have 2,000 crowns without paying a single penny! I think that KingsIsle needs to keep making money with crowns purchases...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ethan the baron on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Now that wizard101 has tournaments why not have pirate101 tournaments it would awesome it would be fights with no companions just you vs. another pirate all the way to the end and the winner gets gold and the size of the gold would be determined by how big the tournament is and in every tournament a player has to pay 2,000 gold per tournament so depending how many people are competing in it is the outcome of how much gold could be won. More players= more gold less players = less gold simple. What do you think developers and players do you like this idea.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 61
That would be nice. But heres the thing. Pirate101's PvP system is still in it's very early and simplistic stage. Notice that there is no Ranked PvP, no Practice PvP, no Ship PvP, no Ranked Ship PvP, and no NPC who helps us with combat comprehension (Diego). Pirate101 is very far from a Tournament set up. Not only that, but the Wizard101 team has not completed their Tourney system program. It would be too big an undertaking for Pirate101 to immediately try and make a completely new system. Again, it's a good activity to add to Pirate101, but I would like them to hold it off and wait until they have a First Age PvP system up and running.

Hmm...how about Members pay gold and Crowns players pay crowns? Or at least give Members a mega discount on crowns to make it fair.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
There would have to be different sections so a level 65 wouldn't be playing a level 40. That's just an example since I am not sure where the levels are evenly matched.

Another idea would be for the lower rated player to put up less Gold than the higher rated player since the odds of winning would be with the higher rated player.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
There would have to be different sections so a level 65 wouldn't be playing a level 40. That's just an example since I am not sure where the levels are evenly matched.

Another idea would be for the lower rated player to put up less Gold than the higher rated player since the odds of winning would be with the higher rated player.
Yes it wouldn't be fair for someone being very outmatched so they would be limited to who can fight who. And as for the fee to compete members pay gold non members pay crowns since members deserve are paying. And as for cunning Finnigan i know what you mean what I'm saying is that after pvp is equaled to the way it is in wizard101 then they can add the tournaments but I'm just stating the idea for the future.
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 64

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
That would be nice. But heres the thing. Pirate101's PvP system is still in it's very early and simplistic stage. Notice that there is no Ranked PvP, no Practice PvP, no Ship PvP, no Ranked Ship PvP, and no NPC who helps us with combat comprehension (Diego). Pirate101 is very far from a Tournament set up. Not only that, but the Wizard101 team has not completed their Tourney system program. It would be too big an undertaking for Pirate101 to immediately try and make a completely new system. Again, it's a good activity to add to Pirate101, but I would like them to hold it off and wait until they have a First Age PvP system up and running.

Hmm...how about Members pay gold and Crowns players pay crowns? Or at least give Members a mega discount on crowns to make it fair.
the combat comprehenders could be Boochbeard and Grand but other then that you do have a point. however Kingsisle is right now improving wizard and pirate101 im sure they can make pvp bigger and badder. Starting with peacticed, ranked, and tournament pvps. And maybe more arenas just like in wizard101. Arenas in Skull Island, Monquista, Valencia, Cool Ranch, Mooshu, Marleybone, and Aquila.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
I don't think that this could work because if a player had 200,000 gold, they could have 2,000 crowns without paying a single penny! I think that KingsIsle needs to keep making money with crowns purchases...
Someone came up with the idea that members could pay gold for tourneys which is a great idea. Besides a lvl 10 gets round 1,400 gold so they would get 14 crowns which isn't allot. It would encourage the player to keep going and with 2,000 crowns, you still couldn't buy a whole set of gear or a mount.