Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Toro Can't Play the Trumpet

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
I like El Toro, I really do. I want to be supportive of his hobbies. But I can't take that trumpet any longer. He's been playing it ever since his promotion and it's bad. Real bad. Off-key off-beat basic scales bad. And it's driving me deaf.

He should have stuck to drums. He was good with the drums. I remember when we used to get in fights and I'd say, "Hey, El Toro, play those drums." And he'd play those drums. He'd play them and a little flag would pop out of the ground and I'd know everything was going to be OK. But I guess after the promotion he got over confident, and he scrounged up a trumpet somewhere in MooShu, and now my crew marches into battle to the tune of "Man on Stilts Trying to Climb Stairs."

Can I persuade El Toro to go back to the drums? Should I tell him how bad his playing is? How can I break it to him? I don't want to hurt the guy, but I have to do something.

I just want my ears back.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
There is a volume control on the game. Or you could just play without sound (I plug in my headphones and don't bother to wear them unless I want to hear a particular dialogue).

Community Leader
Yes, there is a volume control to the game, however the noted sound really needs to be adjusted in itself at least volume wise.

As it stands now, El Toro's accurracy spell/move makes an annoying loud sound. VERY ANNOYING

We have to warn our friends when casting it to turn thier volumes down.

There should NOT be a sound in the game that is so obnoxious that it makes you miss out on the wonderful audio of the game because that one sound makes you turn volume off, or very low.

This sound effect IS a detriment to the games audio, please consider adjusting it.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Nov 27, 2012
I really like the tune he plays with the trumpet...

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
The drums are annoying.The trumpet dosn't sound as loud so I like it.

Ensign
Jul 25, 2011
Community Leader
MooshuFanatic500 on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
The drums are annoying.The trumpet dosn't sound as loud so I like it.
I guess therein lies part of KI's problem, differences in opinions.

The drums work perfectly for me, its that rest that is incredibly annoying and loud to me and my friends.

We joke around and say "WAKE UP!" (its as annoying as an alarm clock!) everytime we cast it, and its not because of those drums! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
May 02, 2009
Well if El Toro can't play the Trumpet or Drums, then niether can Wing Chun or Privateers.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
There is a volume control on the game. Or you could just play without sound (I plug in my headphones and don't bother to wear them unless I want to hear a particular dialogue).
In RL i am deaf, means that i wear a hearing aid on one ear and the other listen nothing, well even with headphones down on my table i am able to listen El Toro loudy moves! Ok i could turn down the game volume but i like to listen other companions sounds and the music, so no excuses at all if a deaf person like me could listen El Toro in such a way means its volume must to be turned down .