Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Morgan LaFitte: Does she come from Paris?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ok, so this is a question that's been itching me for awhile since the game started... Where in the Spiral does Morgan Lafitte come from. All the other trainers we know of where they came from: Mordekai (Skull Island), Ol' Fisheye (Skull Island), Madame Vadima (Darkmoor), and The Commandor (Marleybone). But we dont know of Morgan Lafitte. She only states she came from a wealthy family in a world on the far reaches of the Spiral, but I wanna know what exactly it is.

So this is my world name preposal suggestion , does she come from Paris? No, no, not Paris. Paris (Pa-REEZ). This world is based off of the Perisian styles or the French Renaissance, where most people (as i remember) became wealthy during that time. Also her accent seems to be of either a French or Italian decent so it lead me to think of a French-y world. It's realitively small with only one large Skyway.

You'd most likely sail there because Morgan Lafitte had been found out by her parents hired agents (yes, they're just that rich) and has now been kidnapped to be forced into her arranged marriage with a man she never loved or cared for to save her families wealth and honor (would have a pretty, ridiculously funny ending). Through a long series of funny quests and ridiculous situations you recover Morgan, check out some of her wicked moves in a shabby escape plan, and maybe even find new love for that her Groom. Also who could pass up on so many riches that lie in this world.

Paris is home to the Racoons, the Gerbals, and the Hamsters (maybe some Squirals or Shrimp as well). Similar to Marleybone, they have a thing against Valencia. Not wanting to get into the whole Spiral war, Paris sealed off it's Stormgates but remained a neutral world in the war like Grizzlehiem. The only world they actually trust enough is the now-in-shabbles Aquila. They are very successful in the entire Artistic industry, as many artworks and musics throughout the Spiral are made from Parisian artists, and only export items to other worlds in order to not be "dirtied by inferior creatures like those who particpated in the war" as they do not like to fight outside of fencing and prefer to keep to themselves, so they don't loose all they worked they strived for. (Many years prior they where dealing with a terrible plague that ravaged the crowded cities.)

Unfortunately, these precautions are in vain as Pirates they had tried so hard to keep out have wormed there way in and are pilaging many towns for their very valuable treasures (it was only a matter of time).

This is a short side world. I'd love to hear some feedback and constructive opinions on how some people would feel about this. It would be amazing if the great, Swashbuckling Morgan Lafitte gave her opinion if this is a reasonable back story as of what goes on in her home world lol .

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Ok, so this is a question that's been itching me for awhile since the game started... Where in the Spiral does Morgan Lafitte come from. All the other trainers we know of where they came from: Mordekai (Skull Island), Ol' Fisheye (Skull Island), Madame Vadima (Darkmoor), and The Commandor (Marleybone). But we dont know of Morgan Lafitte. She only states she came from a wealthy family in a world on the far reaches of the Spiral, but I wanna know what exactly it is.

So this is my world name preposal suggestion , does she come from Paris? No, no, not Paris. Paris (Pa-REEZ). This world is based off of the Perisian styles or the French Renaissance, where most people (as i remember) became wealthy during that time. Also her accent seems to be of either a French or Italian decent so it lead me to think of a French-y world. It's realitively small with only one large Skyway.

You'd most likely sail there because Morgan Lafitte had been found out by her parents hired agents (yes, they're just that rich) and has now been kidnapped to be forced into her arranged marriage with a man she never loved or cared for to save her families wealth and honor (would have a pretty, ridiculously funny ending). Through a long series of funny quests and ridiculous situations you recover Morgan, check out some of her wicked moves in a shabby escape plan, and maybe even find new love for that her Groom. Also who could pass up on so many riches that lie in this world.

Paris is home to the Racoons, the Gerbals, and the Hamsters (maybe some Squirals or Shrimp as well). Similar to Marleybone, they have a thing against Valencia. Not wanting to get into the whole Spiral war, Paris sealed off it's Stormgates but remained a neutral world in the war like Grizzlehiem. The only world they actually trust enough is the now-in-shabbles Aquila. They are very successful in the entire Artistic industry, as many artworks and musics throughout the Spiral are made from Parisian artists, and only export items to other worlds in order to not be "dirtied by inferior creatures like those who particpated in the war" as they do not like to fight outside of fencing and prefer to keep to themselves, so they don't loose all they worked they strived for. (Many years prior they where dealing with a terrible plague that ravaged the crowded cities.)

Unfortunately, these precautions are in vain as Pirates they had tried so hard to keep out have wormed there way in and are pilaging many towns for their very valuable treasures (it was only a matter of time).

This is a short side world. I'd love to hear some feedback and constructive opinions on how some people would feel about this. It would be amazing if the great, Swashbuckling Morgan Lafitte gave her opinion if this is a reasonable back story as of what goes on in her home world lol .
I read that she came from Valencia after she dumped her soon-to-be husband.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
That would fit the Italian accent (like the rest of the Valencians), if that is an Italian accent.

However, if it is a French accent I would go with Darkmoor. I get the impression from Vadima (who is from Darkmoor) that she could also double as a voodoo weaver in New Orleans, LA (which has a French history). Lafitte would just be from the upper class of Darkmoor...you know, where the rogues hang out.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
She's not really from Valencia. She just fled there in order escape her arranged marriage as I said. There she lived a double life as a renowned Countess and a legendary burgler. I just wanted to figure out the world she was born and raised in. All we know that it has some form of a high ranking nobiles and wealthy families. Maybe she was from Avalon as it is based off the Medieval areas and during that time you had a King, Nobles and Lords, Knights/Vassals, and Serfs/Peasants. So maybe culutrally Avalon has a fuedal system and Morgan was born in that high nobility as of the Lords and Nobles.

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
i like the idea. a world dedicated to france. what if the final epic battle would take place i the eiteful tower(idk if its spelled right) as marleybone's final battle in big ben

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I thought Morgan came from valencia. The valencians have awesome accents.

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
She's not really from Valencia. She just fled there in order escape her arranged marriage as I said. There she lived a double life as a renowned Countess and a legendary burgler. I just wanted to figure out the world she was born and raised in. All we know that it has some form of a high ranking nobiles and wealthy families. Maybe she was from Avalon as it is based off the Medieval areas and during that time you had a King, Nobles and Lords, Knights/Vassals, and Serfs/Peasants. So maybe culutrally Avalon has a fuedal system and Morgan was born in that high nobility as of the Lords and Nobles.
Well, that, and the fact that Avalon is home to the spiral's racoons, foxes, weasel bards, etc

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
From her accent, she sounds like she's from Polaris.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
How about she came from Monquista? Well the monquistans are picky about pirates. But if she was rich and plus she has an accent like that she could have been from Monquista.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Zlyxer on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
How about she came from Monquista? Well the monquistans are picky about pirates. But if she was rich and plus she has an accent like that she could have been from Monquista.
She doesn't sound Monquistan to me.

Administrator
From the website:

"Rumor has it that Morgan LaFitte was born into nobility on some far corner of the Spiral, but she abandoned her life of wealth and privilege to escape an arranged marriage. Morgan went to Valencia, where she lived a double life as a renowned Countess and a legendary cat burglar.

Trained by some of the finest fencers in Valencia, Morgan's skill with a blade has few equals. Morgan fled Valencia when her secret was finally uncovered, keeping a step ahead of the Armada and finally settling in Skull Island."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
From the website:

"Rumor has it that Morgan LaFitte was born into nobility on some far corner of the Spiral, but she abandoned her life of wealth and privilege to escape an arranged marriage. Morgan went to Valencia, where she lived a double life as a renowned Countess and a legendary cat burglar.

Trained by some of the finest fencers in Valencia, Morgan's skill with a blade has few equals. Morgan fled Valencia when her secret was finally uncovered, keeping a step ahead of the Armada and finally settling in Skull Island."
Oh, thanks for the help Jack.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
From the website:

That really helps me make my point I'm trying to tell. See look:

"Rumor has it that Morgan LaFitte was born into nobility on some far corner of the Spiral, but she abandoned her life of wealth and privilege to escape an arranged marriage. Morgan went to Valencia, where she lived a double life as a renowned Counress and a legendary cat burglar."

Since Pirate101 is already set on the outer reaches of the Spiral and the line states "some far corner of the Spiral", that would mean there are worlds even farther than that. And where it says "went to Valencia" that would mean Morgan came from somewhere else (as you can only go somewhere from somewhere else). It was there that I figured "Hey, there's got to be another world she came from other than what is plainly stated."

A good work of deduction I would say. It's elementary, my dear Watson! LOL. Sherlock Bones, anyone?

It would be cool if the developers would consider doing some more in depth reveals on the back stories of the characters (Like why is the Commodoore still here if the Marleybonians have long since left Skull Island and now live in Port Regal? Or why Vadima left Darkmoor, but I'm sure that has already been planned to unravel), but I think they would like to stay as close as possible to the main story line to avoid the "confusion" of quest that went on in Wizard101, so I'm unsure if many or any side worlds/stories would be added or considered down the line. Eh, but anything could happen.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Quentin Atherton on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
She doesn't sound Monquistan to me.
Yeah she isn't a Monkey but I mean the accent its kinda similar to the Monquistans.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
From the website:

I wonder if we will be able to go to her world someday.

Ensign
Apr 27, 2010
if she is French then I would think she would be from Polaris. Napolpenguin is based off of French emporer Napolean bonapart (or whatever his name is).. anyway that's my theory

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
PnutButerNoodles on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
if she is French then I would think she would be from Polaris. Napolpenguin is based off of French emporer Napolean bonapart (or whatever his name is).. anyway that's my theory
Have you even seen the hats the polar-bears wear? Polaris is the spiral's version of Russia. In the puppet show Catbeard showed us, he gives us an image of Polaris. If you look at the buildings closely, you will see the tops are curved, which is a RUSSIAN architectural style.

Ensign
Apr 27, 2010
then again she is a fox and they come from avalon...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I dunno, but I'm betting she's not from Cool Ranch!

I think the most plausible guess so far is Avalon, for the reason Clockwork17001800 gave (in Wizard101, that's where racoons come from). Of course with a name like Clockwork17001800 you have to think the message boards may have been infiltrated by wicked Armada spies...

-Michael

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
I dunno, but I'm betting she's not from Cool Ranch!

I think the most plausible guess so far is Avalon, for the reason Clockwork17001800 gave (in Wizard101, that's where racoons come from). Of course with a name like Clockwork17001800 you have to think the message boards may have been infiltrated by wicked Armada spies...

-Michael
HEY, I only made that name because I'm into steam-punk. Steam-punk has clockwork designs in it.

Captain
May 02, 2009
1: Morgan LaFitte isn't a fox like Bonnie Anne, she's a Racoon
2: I think she must be from a royal world like a mixture of Marleybone and Avalon, maybe a hint of Valencia too. Plus, she doesn't have an Avalon accent. So, there's my theory.