Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Obtaining house furniture

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I noticed that I’m now level 16 but I’ve let to receive one single bit of house furniture as a quest or drop reward. By this time in Wizard101 I would had had a good number of items to populate my house with. I’m just wondering if this by design or an oversight?

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
I wont ruin anything by saying to much, o wait your higher lvl then me. So you should have gotten the treasure for your house already, i'm not sure who's treasure its the guy who invented the yum drink and took all the yum-yum fruit from mooshu his treasure you can put in your house.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Housing items weren't introduced into Wizard101 until about two years after its launch. Be patient, Dragonfly (as Kan Po says).

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Grim2626 on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I wont ruin anything by saying to much, o wait your higher lvl then me. So you should have gotten the treasure for your house already, i'm not sure who's treasure its the guy who invented the yum drink and took all the yum-yum fruit from mooshu his treasure you can put in your house.
Captain Gunn's treasure is a housing item.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
I am level 29 at the moment and havent gotten any housing items as drops except the treasure mentioned above, my poor volcano island house looks pretty bare as I feel its more of a reward to receive furniture in quests/drops than to buy it in the vendors, does that make sense?

Hopefully housing items will be added to drops/locations in the future and its something I will look forward to.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Maybe that was a side quest I didn't do.

I hoping that with higher levels they start appearing as quest rewards, in Wizard101 you could remember what quests you've done by looking at the furniture of your house. Buying items using gold or crowns just dosn't feel the same.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
I think you are talking about when you defeat Chumba Wumba and get Ratbeard down from his...er, precarious situation. You get a pile of gold to decorate your house with.

However, I just learned, there is a furniture vendor on Skull Island.

Ensign
Jul 28, 2012
For starting decorating I purchased stuff from the furniture vendor on Rapa Nui. Many items there are sold for only 10g.
The other two furniture merchants I found so far are selling stuff for mainly 1000g (what I don't want to afford at the moment).

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
Rallya on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
I am level 29 at the moment and havent gotten any housing items as drops except the treasure mentioned above, my poor volcano island house looks pretty bare as I feel its more of a reward to receive furniture in quests/drops than to buy it in the vendors, does that make sense?

Hopefully housing items will be added to drops/locations in the future and its something I will look forward to.
you can buy housing items

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
They have increased the cost of furniture on Rapa Nui, not that that was the issue anyway.

I don't think KI understand why people want furniture, it's not just to "pretty" up the house but to use as a history of the game and what's you done in it. In Wizard101 they had it right, in this game they have really taken all the enjoyment out of owning an house.

It's a bit sad really, with so little effort they could had made housing just as much fun as in Wizard101

Can't help but think the decision was made not to have furniture as quest rewards on the hope that people would use crowns to buy it.

Ensign
Jul 19, 2009
there is hardly anything to purchase for the house either very disapointing

Ensign
Jul 25, 2011
I agree. So far I really have no reason to visit my house. (I only have a pile of gold treasure there lol) My Swashbuckler is level 25....

Ensign
Sep 15, 2009
I've found furniture vendors in 3 places - Skull Island, Rapa Nui and Flotsam. The prices came down and "normalized" when the game opened to all players, only rare items are 1000g or something.

My big disappointment is that we can only place 100 items in the Volcano Island house! This place is enormous, so that doesnt go far. Even in Wizards we had 500 item limits in the larger houses - 250 indoors, 250 outdoors. Please, please, please fix this Pirates! You have some really beautiful items and I want to create a house that reflects all of my adventures across the spiral.

Administrator
Furniture items are currently not dropping as loot in game. We do hear your requests to add more furniture in game!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Furniture items are currently not dropping as loot in game. We do hear your requests to add more furniture in game!
Well, there's the problem I would imagine that once they unlock the ability to buy booster packs (currently greyed out) anyone hoping to get new gear, pets or companions that way will be swimming in housing items. At least, that's the way it seemed to work in Wizard 101. I'll assume the same thing will happen hear. That's the trouble with early adoption of an MMO: not everything is available right off the bat!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Jul 28, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Spoken like a politician. "We do hear your request ..." could mean anything from "we will change something asap" to "cry moar, noobs".
I am very super-sure, it is the first option though.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2012
I bought the Boochbeard bundle and have found there is absolutely nothing special about the house. In Wizard101, each of the houses I bought via a gift card or bundle offered a "secret" area that contained something that gave gifts of some sort....seeds, gold, treasure cards,etc. Unless I haven't been able to find it, there doesn't appear to be anything of the like within the Volcano Island house. Anyone else find anything There's absolutely no reason to visit the house

Community Leader
Logansan on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
They have increased the cost of furniture on Rapa Nui, not that that was the issue anyway.

I don't think KI understand why people want furniture, it's not just to "pretty" up the house but to use as a history of the game and what's you done in it. In Wizard101 they had it right, in this game they have really taken all the enjoyment out of owning an house.

It's a bit sad really, with so little effort they could had made housing just as much fun as in Wizard101

Can't help but think the decision was made not to have furniture as quest rewards on the hope that people would use crowns to buy it.
KI hasnt "taken" any enjoyment from anything, they just havent had any time to add any additional enjoyment!
Keep in mind that Wizard101 is an accumulation of ideas over a 4, going on a 5 year period.
What you see in Wizard101 today is not what it started with, it was somewhat spartan in many aspects similar to the way Pirate101 is today.
Lets face it, housing stuff is cool, but its hardly a function intertwined into the game enough to make it necessary. We just need to give KI time to develop and add some of the more finite features we have grown accustomed to in Wizard101.
As for them trying to get people to spend crowns on housing items, how come every single housing item in the crown shop can be purchased with gold? Perhaps you havent tried, or dont have enough gold. I hit the gold cap just last night, and bought a lot of housing items from the crownshop for gold only to give my treasure chest some gold growin room! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Fivehouse on Oct 22, 2012 wrote:
Spoken like a politician. "We do hear your request ..." could mean anything from "we will change something asap" to "cry moar, noobs".
I am very super-sure, it is the first option though.
I don't know if I can promise anything ASAP, but I definitely can pass along the request and give it some visibility.

Ensign
May 04, 2010
I just wanted to repost what Jenaunt3 mentioned above about the housing limit.

Currently all houses have a 100 item limit and it's just not enough. My indoor is already at 95/100 now with one room half empty, the entrance very barren, and one room completely empty.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Had I known the houses where 100 item limit only, I would have not used the money I got for my birthday to buy the bundle :( Please can you verify if this is due to be increased?

Administrator
kyomii on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Had I known the houses where 100 item limit only, I would have not used the money I got for my birthday to buy the bundle :( Please can you verify if this is due to be increased?
Yup! It's going to be increased! Unfortunately, I can't tell you *when* it will be increased.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Thank you Jack, at least it is going to be increased which is a good thing. Hoping it is sooner rather than later

Ensign
Jan 31, 2011
hey, i am having too much fun running around blowing things up to worry about housing items just yet. but with that said, i know the KI will, very much, hear all of our request and slowly put them in place! just remember if they answered by putting everything in at once.. there would be no surprises down the road for us. l love the anticipation of wondering what will come up next !!!!

Community Leader
Frostychris on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
hey, i am having too much fun running around blowing things up to worry about housing items just yet. but with that said, i know the KI will, very much, hear all of our request and slowly put them in place! just remember if they answered by putting everything in at once.. there would be no surprises down the road for us. l love the anticipation of wondering what will come up next !!!!
The fact that the game changes and continues to grow even when you have reached "the end" is one of the features unique to online games and MMO's specifically. Remeber when, once you beat the game, that was it?

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!