Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Trying To Get Silk

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 10, 2010
I've been trying to get the silk from the Guzman ships and can't seem to engage them in battle. I had the same problem in Beta also. Anyone else have this problem? I hate jumping into other folks battles.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I've seen other posts in Pirate's Life Message Board. The solution that I use is to use the Gunner Targeting which is done by putting the cursor on the ship you are interested in and left clicking it. This brings up the Targeting System for your guns. You can't attack when it is grey, it must be red. Then just fire away (I use the number keys 1-4). Remember the load time (there is a count down timer before it will fire again - seen in lower left corner). If you don't remember how to use your ships weapons, replay the introduction. Make sure that you have your weapons and armor equipped on your ship before attacking.

You can also use the Targeting System to see what type of ship you will be attacking and who it belongs to. That way you can avoid fights with ships that you don't want to attack right now.

I'm not sure that this applies to the Monquista World. I think it should be in Skull Island - Tradewinds section since that is where you are trying to get Silk from House Guzman.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
dogmom55 on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
I've been trying to get the silk from the Guzman ships and can't seem to engage them in battle. I had the same problem in Beta also. Anyone else have this problem? I hate jumping into other folks battles.
I found the Guzman ships dont automatically target and attack you, which happens with other ships. Click on a Guzman ship with your pointer, then move in closer to it until your crosshair shows orange then click your 1,2,3 or 4 keys on the keyboard to attack it. This means you manually target it and attack it without waiting for the auto attack function to kick in.

Hope this helps

Ensign
Jul 12, 2009
I also have this problem but until they fix the bug, there is a way to work around it. Approach the ship you wish to fight and use one of your attack powers (the ones you access by pressing 1 or 2, or clicking the icons in the lower right corner). This will engage the ship and your cannons will fire as normal after.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
I had issues engaging them in battle also until i realized that you had to click to add your aim to them. Once you do that you can start attacking them :) I didn't have any trouble gathering silk once I realized this. Hope this helps!

Ensign
Sep 21, 2012
dogmom55 on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
I have the same problem on two different accounts. Nor can I even collect the silk when joining others in battle! Both my characters are stuck now.

Ensign
Oct 02, 2012
The guzman ships actually are non-hostile unless you provoke them a good friend of mine on the headstart actually told me that tip despite i just got close enough to slam them with my cannons. They are the only ships that need to be provoked to attack. So I suggest just getting close to one and blasting it out of the sky.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
For this quest, you have to manually click on the Guzman ships with your mouse.

I think the reason being, these are trade ships.
They are not naval or military at all.
But they will defend themselves upon being attacked.

Ensign
Jul 30, 2012
My only complaint is there are not enough ships, seems every time I did this quest just when I was about to finish up a battle someone would join my battle. This can be very frusterating when you are down crew and then there are more enemies to battle. That or the people that join cluseter and you can no longer hit any of the enemy that was added.