Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Melee or Ranged?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2011
I like both, however I do prefer ranged in this game. The fact that you can stand back while your companions do all the melee work while you throw sparks at your opponents from a distance certainly helps you keep fighting.

How about you folks?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I'm a run up and wallop 'em kind of pirate. Ranged is nice, but I consistently get more chained attacks with melee.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
BluJewel on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
I like both, however I do prefer ranged in this game. The fact that you can stand back while your companions do all the melee work while you throw sparks at your opponents from a distance certainly helps you keep fighting.

How about you folks?
Agreed, just replace sparks with magic.

The Grin Reaper

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I like melee pirates, but I think when it comes to ranged they're able to attack enemies quickly and take them out faster.

This is only from my experience with a musketeer. Other people have different opinions on it.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I personally like to play defense so I suposse its ranged but I play aggressively when approached but I suppose ranged is a more dominant characteristic in my startegies

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
As I privateer I usually stay back and let companions do the fighting for me but I like using slashy and shooty weapons in the game because I can get bonuses from my shooty and slashy weapons talents