Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chronology

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 23, 2014
As Blind Mew has said, Wizard(101) and Pirate occur during roughly the same time, at least at the beginning. According to him, MooShu is the convergence-when Pirates start MooShu, Wizards have to be either in or done with MooShu-otherwise Malistaire and his cursing the Emperor make no sense. Malistaire in effect caused General Tso-and all the other power figures-to rise up and spread havoc.

But past MooShu, wizards have Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca and Khrysalis-whereas Pirates have Marleybone and Aquila. Time is easily alterable in games, but to a limit-the lack of Pirate storyline has made us fall behind. This means our chronology has fallen out of synch with theirs-when we finish Aquila, they can't be as far as Avalon, if that- which creates an interesting situation. Any action we take (soonish) in a Wizard world after Zafaria is essentially prequel to the Wizard experience there-meaning that the developers can make it so that a Pirate action shapes the wizard storyline retroactively. I look forward to what they decide to do. Perhaps we will have a more direct reason for Ponce de Gibbon's presence in Azteca, etc.

Something in particular that has the potential to be very interesting is Polaris. Wizards are getting Polaris by the end of the year-meaning that if, in the near future (chronologically; we can only hope Book 15 and beyond are 'near' in real-time), we were to go there (which I find very probable given our unique relationship with Napoleguin), any action we take would be setting it up for how Wizard will find it. EXCITEMENT!

Yes, I am aware Book 15 will be mostly in Valencia, but as for what stormgate we're gonna use to get there (a repeat of Dragonspyre's stormgate would be unwise), or better yet, as for what comes after Book 15, Polaris doesn't seem all that implausible.

If I have neglected some facts, or you have some facts or thoughts to add-please comment below!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kan The Destroyer on Oct 18, 2015 wrote:
As Blind Mew has said, Wizard(101) and Pirate occur during roughly the same time, at least at the beginning. According to him, MooShu is the convergence-when Pirates start MooShu, Wizards have to be either in or done with MooShu-otherwise Malistaire and his cursing the Emperor make no sense. Malistaire in effect caused General Tso-and all the other power figures-to rise up and spread havoc.

But past MooShu, wizards have Dragonspyre, Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca and Khrysalis-whereas Pirates have Marleybone and Aquila. Time is easily alterable in games, but to a limit-the lack of Pirate storyline has made us fall behind. This means our chronology has fallen out of synch with theirs-when we finish Aquila, they can't be as far as Avalon, if that- which creates an interesting situation. Any action we take (soonish) in a Wizard world after Zafaria is essentially prequel to the Wizard experience there-meaning that the developers can make it so that a Pirate action shapes the wizard storyline retroactively. I look forward to what they decide to do. Perhaps we will have a more direct reason for Ponce de Gibbon's presence in Azteca, etc.

Something in particular that has the potential to be very interesting is Polaris. Wizards are getting Polaris by the end of the year-meaning that if, in the near future (chronologically; we can only hope Book 15 and beyond are 'near' in real-time), we were to go there (which I find very probable given our unique relationship with Napoleguin), any action we take would be setting it up for how Wizard will find it. EXCITEMENT!

Yes, I am aware Book 15 will be mostly in Valencia, but as for what stormgate we're gonna use to get there (a repeat of Dragonspyre's stormgate would be unwise), or better yet, as for what comes after Book 15, Polaris doesn't seem all that implausible.

If I have neglected some facts, or you have some facts or thoughts to add-please comment below!
I'm beginning to think that our paths are going to diverge; the last W101 reference was in Marleybone when Mycroft Holmes explained that his brother, Sherlock, couldn't help decode the clockwork birds as "he was dealing with the fall out from the Krokonomicon".