Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets not having Talents

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
The Monsoon turtle was supposed to have relentless and burst fire. (I have screen shots to prove this).

I know burst fire was a bug that needed to be fixed, as it never used burst fire in battle and because this was addressed on the message boards. However, it did not even keep relentless when the patch went live, even though that was it's initial talent to begin with and used this talent constantly in battle.

I made plenty of bug reports about this in test, and I expected, based on what KI said, that this would have been fixed before the update went live, but here I am, with a pet that does not have it's initial talent.

Also there is a tropical snake that was supposed to start with first strike, but it did not get it's initial talent. I know everyone was anxious to get the update out, but all the bugs were not squashed before the release. Will these pets be updated and fixed?

Administrator
HugsLadyBugs on May 13, 2014 wrote:
The Monsoon turtle was supposed to have relentless and burst fire. (I have screen shots to prove this).

I know burst fire was a bug that needed to be fixed, as it never used burst fire in battle and because this was addressed on the message boards. However, it did not even keep relentless when the patch went live, even though that was it's initial talent to begin with and used this talent constantly in battle.

I made plenty of bug reports about this in test, and I expected, based on what KI said, that this would have been fixed before the update went live, but here I am, with a pet that does not have it's initial talent.

Also there is a tropical snake that was supposed to start with first strike, but it did not get it's initial talent. I know everyone was anxious to get the update out, but all the bugs were not squashed before the release. Will these pets be updated and fixed?
Hi! The Monsoon Turtle was always to manifest a very unique talent not found on any other pet known as "Slippery," which was missing, and subsequently restored with this update. Relentless was given as a temporary fix before advanced pets so it could have a usable talent and Burst Fire (as you noted) was a bug.

What is the exact pet class name of the Snake in question?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*