Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Good Secondary Class for Swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Anyone know a good secondary class for Swashbuckler?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Plantini on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
Anyone know a good secondary class for Swashbuckler?
Hi Plantini. Welcome to the message boards.
My Swashbuckler is going with Privateer stuff first as Swashbucklers will get hurt deeply if that rare instance when their dodge fails them and they take a hit or get hit by AoE hits. Those heals will come in handy. Then I go to Witchdoctor stuff for the resistance for the same reasons. Then perhaps I will do some buccaneer to boost my armor a bit.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I chose to play mine with a sword/pistol combo as I like the flashy animation and otherwise would fall asleep while playing swashbuckler. I went with privateer talents to get all the healing cards and took witchdoctor talents to get the spooky talent boosts for increased healing, and I took the buccaneer strike card from the buccaneer school. So a bit from everything tended to work best for me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, start with Privateer, get those heals! But also consider getting a damage reduction too. I then got the buccaneers charge. Then I began training Witchdoctor, Juju, mojo strike, ghost wail, staffy ( I really want to get those Lucky talents ) Personally, I don't like guns, but a good shooty/ stabby or slashy combo; might be for you!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
First off, welcome to the Message Boards! Hope you have a great time!

For my Swashbuckler, I trained a variety of things. I trained Privateer for Rouse, and Elusive 1 & 2. While training to Elusive 2, I got several more bonuses, such as Slashy weapons 1 & 2, and Tough 1 & 2. The Slashy weapons and Tough talents were prerequisites to get Elusive 2, and Tough ended up being really helpful for a health boost.

I trained Buccaneer for Mighty Charge (it's the first in the charge series I believe) for more mobility. It was also back when it reduced the target's accuracy, so it helped with dodge. Now, it has Glancing Blow, which helps by putting out a bit more damage.

I trained Witchdoctor for Juju and Musketeer for the Agility buff. Both gave me some good powers along the way that added variety to how I could play. I also grabbed Shooty weapons 1 & 2 from Musketeer so then I could have a bit more damage to my Stabby/Shooty combo of weapons.

Everyone has a different style, so depending on your style, you'll train different things. Every class has something good to offer, so I usually like training in them to get some of the good that they have. In the end, it's just up to you and your style.