Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What are y'all up to?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Good afternoon ladies and gents! Why don't you sit down a spell with me? We can break into Catbeard's "secret" supply of Polarian pastries and talk over warm cups of Earl Greyhound tea- freshly smuggl... I mean, shipped from Marleybone!
So as you undoubtedly know, it has been quite a while since the release of the last books. More and more pirates are collecting Argos' piece of the map and catching up on the main story. So, I have to ask: What are y'all up to? How are you occupying your time while not searching for map pieces?
I myself am alternating between decorating my new house and leveling up my swashbuckler, and of course spending more time on the message boards. What new ventures have you gotten yourselves into?

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer
-Daring Jacqueline Deveraux, Level 17 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
TackUpwind on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Good afternoon ladies and gents! Why don't you sit down a spell with me? We can break into Catbeard's "secret" supply of Polarian pastries and talk over warm cups of Earl Greyhound tea- freshly smuggl... I mean, shipped from Marleybone!
So as you undoubtedly know, it has been quite a while since the release of the last books. More and more pirates are collecting Argos' piece of the map and catching up on the main story. So, I have to ask: What are y'all up to? How are you occupying your time while not searching for map pieces?
I myself am alternating between decorating my new house and leveling up my swashbuckler, and of course spending more time on the message boards. What new ventures have you gotten yourselves into?

Mmmm thank you for these fine pastries. No wonder Catbeard is so stingy with them.
I have been spending my time leveling up companions, a Hawkulean task for a privateer , and have been slowly leveling my other classes mostly as needed to test a fight strategy to help someone here, or I am joyfully helping other pirates. I have done a bit of house decorating but not much, I just can't spare the gold, it is always used up growing companions. Then there is the time I spend here. At times I am here more than in the game. Some days my back pain only allows me to chose one task and I generally chose this one because this is where more of my friends gather and I can stay in touch easier here. I suspect once the next updates come out or the test realm opens, my board time will drop considerably, lol. Either way, I stay busy in the spiral and am never bored.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
A question for you maxed pirates.

I have not reached the wall yet - my highest pirate being a level 48 - and was wondering how I was going to get rid of all the side quests I had accepted, when I thought, will I still be able to do them when I've maxed?

I know, kinda, that you can't really get XP points when you've reached lvl 65, so can you still do the quests but not get the points? Or can you not do the quests at all?

And what happens if I max before I get that piece? What'll happen then? Will I still be able to get it but not get the points?

I thank ye for yer patience, kind message board maties. *smiles brightly and sips tea, trying not to think about what will happen if she's maxed and never gets out of MooShu*

Merciless Emma Jenkins, Lvl 48 Swashbuckler

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TackUpwind on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:

Thank you TackUpWind, for I was terribly hungry!

I spend most of my time helping out others do quests or farming with friends. I am looking for good gear for some of my other pirates' adventures though the Spiral. Also, like Chrissy I spend a lot of time farming for gold for companion points for my maxed pirate. I too also seem to spend more time here on the boards lately than actually playing the game. But I am about to go full sails with another class pretty soon so that will keep me pretty busy.

Biggest ventures I have gotten myself into lately are my precious 4 month old twins. Now talk about an adventure and a journey!! Straight into a Vortex for sure

Have fun, enjoy the game and life!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I visited a school house in Skull Island were a lot of pirates received "Ds". Had a ship race on the way to Santo Pollo and also ended up at a summer-love beach party.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
totallyawesomepira... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:

I have not reached the wall yet - my highest pirate being a level 48 - and was wondering how I was going to get rid of all the side quests I had accepted, when I thought, will I still be able to do them when I've maxed?

I know, kinda, that you can't really get XP points when you've reached lvl 65, so can you still do the quests but not get the points? Or can you not do the quests at all?

And what happens if I max before I get that piece? What'll happen then? Will I still be able to get it but not get the points?

I thank ye for yer patience, kind message board maties. *smiles brightly and sips tea, trying not to think about what will happen if she's maxed and never gets out of MooShu*

Hi Emma! I think I can help you with your question. You won't have to worry about maxing out for a good while. Most pirates, even those who do a lot of side quests, reach maximum level about halfway through Aquila. When you reach max XP, you can still do quests just the same as always, but you won't get any experience points. Some players decide to go on hiatus when they reach the level cap, and wait until a new update to continue playing. I tried to do this, but the temptation to finish the story line was too great. I would recommend you continue playing even if you do get maxed early. You still get ever important gold, training points, and nautical XP.
I hope that answered your question,

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
totallyawesomepira... on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:

Whether you are maxed or not you can always go back and to those side quests. If you are maxed you will not get the xp for doing them but you will get all the gold, drops and companions. Getting side companions when you are maxed is a strategy lots of pirates use to have companions waiting that are a higher level than the current max since companions always come at least one level (or more) higher than when awarded. PvP players like to do this to give them an edge for a while.