Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mustang Sally's clothing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
Would you administrators out there be alright with changing Mustang Sally's clothing so that her dress covers all of both of her shoulders? Personally, it bugs me that the dress does not do this...

Thanks!

Fiery Galen Hawkens
Level 40 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Mar 04, 2010
I'm asking this because of my religion, in case you were wondering. Sally's dress style is not the kind that is supposed to be worn by people of my religion, so I do not feel comfortable looking at the dress. Just throwing that out there.

-Galen

Community Leader
I can appreciate everyones religious preferences, but I dont think its fair to expect KI to cater to each individual religion on this level. Making changes like this IMO sets a precedence. Next thing KI will be recieving 100's if not 1000's of requests to change other aspects of the game.

Witchdoctors for example are not necessarily acceptable to a number of religions. I already know some people that are offended by the idea of witchdoctors, and play the game refusing to choose this pirate class due to their own religious convictions. They play it however without asking KI to remove witchdoctors from the game.

I think of the game like society. You are going to encounter people that do not act/dress in a fashion you find acceptable as you put yourself in public situations. We must show acceptance/tolerance of others without endangering our own beliefs and without expecting everyone else to conform to our beliefs to make us feel comfortable. Consider this, your asking them to conform to make you comfortable, may in turn make them feel uncomfortable.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I agree with OFxSaint. I personally am uncomfortable with witchdoctors for religous reasons, so I play a swashbuckler. If Mustang Sally's clothes bug you, don't play with a swashbuckler and you only see her once or twice.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
beardog37 on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
I'm asking this because of my religion, in case you were wondering. Sally's dress style is not the kind that is supposed to be worn by people of my religion, so I do not feel comfortable looking at the dress. Just throwing that out there.

-Galen
I am not quite sure if you have noticed this, but I thought you should know, Mustang Sally is a horse...

Yes, she talks, she fights, she is pretty awesome and all that, but exactly how many horses do you know, wear clothing? Especially to where it would be against religion? Nothing against your religion, just saying that this is not reality, this is a fictional, fantasy game.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
beardog37 on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:

-Galen
I don't think she was put in the game to offend anyone...