Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what the heck is going on?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2012
so im a musketeer and i got sniper after that i beated up some wharf rats but i noticed a lot of my companions have "pirate" over their heads whenever they got near a bad guy and had a bonus attack even when i didnt chose for he or her to attack that guy.

- blaze nightrider w101
-golden morgirm zabra p101

Community Leader
"Pirate" is a buff some companions have (and that your Pirate can train) that gives you extra attack power when you have boarded another ship. I know Ratbeard has it, for sure. Don't know of any other companions specifically.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Nov 18, 2011
I dont know if all my companions get it but I know a few do. Ratbeard, Sarah Steele, Lucky Jack Russel and Subodai are the ones I've seen get the buff. I have it on my Swashbuckler as well and its a nice little boost when you jump to the enemy ship.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Lucky Jack Russel has it because I use him alot. Again not to sure about anyone else.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I believe that is a swashbuckler talent.

I love it. I know I can hold my own and really break down the house when I get boarded, or board another ship.

Community Leader
Shiningfantasia on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
I believe that is a swashbuckler talent.

I love it. I know I can hold my own and really break down the house when I get boarded, or board another ship.
Buccaneers get it as well. In fact, I thought I saw it in some other classes as well, though I guess the only other class it would make sense for is the Privateer.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Ooh ok. To think of it, I did see the "Pirate" talent pop up at several trainers.

Cool talent, situational of course, but just awesome to have.

Ensign
Jun 18, 2012
Bosun
May 10, 2010
mario664411 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Well then what the heck does sniper do !
Pirate is a talent that any class can actually train, but some get this talent without the cost of any practice points. This talent gives a +25% attacking power when aboard and enemy ship!

As for the sniper talent, this is a great talent, it gives +1 attack range. So, if your weapon has an attack range of 3, you can attack at a range of 4. WOOT WOOT!

Ensign
Jun 18, 2012
Darth JT on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Pirate is a talent that any class can actually train, but some get this talent without the cost of any practice points. This talent gives a +25% attacking power when aboard and enemy ship!

As for the sniper talent, this is a great talent, it gives +1 attack range. So, if your weapon has an attack range of 3, you can attack at a range of 4. WOOT WOOT!
oh thank you darthjt