Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Pathetic Labyrinth

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
When I first heard that my pirate was going to have to venture into the labyrinth, I was extremely excited--it is one of the most legendary places in all of Greek Mythology. When I entered the dungeon, I realized it was an extreme let down. First, it wasn't even a maze. As the name implies, the Labyrinth was a terrifying labyrinth that few were ever able to venture into and make it out alive. Sure, when you open your map, you could see that there were multiple other passages, but they actually weren't connected to path your pirate went down. Wizard101 has made an amazing maze-themed dungeon, so why can't you, Pirate101? Secondly, I imagine that the Labyrinth would be filled with tons of rare and exotic treasures. Sure, there may be a few treasure chests hidden here and there and possibly the eagle Prospector Zeke has you looking for (it's been so long ago since I did the dungeon I can't remember), but I'm thinking things on a much grander scale. I'm talking about secret trainers, secret bosses with rare loot, and maybe even secret side quests with great rewards. Finally, I am a little disappointed we never got to fight the Minotaur. Sure, we do trap him and fight his sons, but it's still not the same. Compared to the rest of Aquila and all of its Greek Mythological references, the Labyrinth was truly pathetic, and I really do hope you make it better in the future. And to all you readers, let KI know how much you want the Labyrinth to be beefed up!

\|/
/ \

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I'm glad you like those Classical Greek myths, 'Piratemonster'. They really are terrific stories. However, Pirate101 (and Wizard101) intentionally pay homage to these great stories, and do not try to reproduce them as the authentic myth. The playful homage and tweaking of myth, literature, and history is one of the things I enjoy the very most about Pirate101.

I agree, the maze in Grizzleheim is a truly excellent one. But here in Pirate101 we have a 'labyrinth', which is not always the same thing. While the fact that Daedalus barely escaped his own labyrinth would seem to indicate that there were multiple, confusing paths of a maze, most Classical Greek depictions of a labyrinth show a single looped pathway to the center. Mind you, that's not what we see in Pirate's Labyrinth, which seems to be a hybrid of the two ideas.

The Labyrinth, though, of the original story, could have been a path with ultimately only one destination - the center where the Minotaur lurked. And in that labyrinth there was no treasure, only death. There was no way out. It's a grim tale. The only reason Theseus got out was that he was able to cheat, with the help of the princess Ariadne (say, I wonder where she is in Aquila?...)

Pirate101's take on the story explains why we haven't been able to find Argos (he was holding the gates) and why we needed to find Theseus (because where he was, so was Argos). An immortal Minotaur means that all the great heroes of Aquila can't just saunter in and get rid of it. It needed planning, and someone to provoke the creature (which Hawkules did admirably. Being provoking is our specialty). Having mortal sons of the Minotaur makes the Labyrinth all the more dangerous -- and provides us with interesting foes!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
sorry I love it.. soloing level is decent and if others do port the more the merrier..
stormy jen silver