Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Egg Shen or Kan Po?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
Ok so, I am thinking of buying crowns and buying one of the starter companions but I don't know who to get, Egg Shen or Kan Po, people say Egg Shen is good, people say Kan Po is good. I don't know who to choose

(P.S I didn't know where to post this, I apologize if it is in the wrong area)

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Mycin Xanderman on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
Ok so, I am thinking of buying crowns and buying one of the starter companions but I don't know who to get, Egg Shen or Kan Po, people say Egg Shen is good, people say Kan Po is good. I don't know who to choose

What class are you? here's what I would pick based on class:

Swashbuckler - Kan po
Buccaneer - Egg
Privateer - Kan
Musketeer - Kan
Witchdoctor - Kan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mycin Xanderman on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:

Egg Shen is good: his class is Buccaneer, he has a debuff/reduce and a critical strike, depending on how you train him he can be a tank for your team. ( Zang Cha is the crown shop 'twin'. )
Kan Po is also very good: his class is Swashbuckler, he has Walk in Shadows and his own critical strike, he also has a heal. ( Keisuke Yagi is the crown shop 'twin'. )
It depends on your class and how you play.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
If you're a Privateer, it is a tough decision. Egg Shen is my favorite companion, not just because he's funny, but because he's reliable. Kan Po is also very good. I got Keisuke and Temujin in the crown shop and while I'm still not sure how to correctly use Temujin, Keisuke is a beast with Privateer buffs.
If you'd like a character who can take a lot of damage and chain a lot of hits, go for Egg.
If you'd like a character who is squishy but can do over 1200 damage on a Super Strike, go Kan.

Have fun!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Skull Island Smuggler

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Fearless Finnagan on Oct 15, 2015 wrote:
What class are you? here's what I would pick based on class:

Swashbuckler - Kan po
Buccaneer - Egg
Privateer - Kan
Musketeer - Kan
Witchdoctor - Kan
I agree with Finn, But choose which ever you would feel most comfortable with using I recommend you try out the starter companions first on other pirates or ask a friend to help out with the decision, it is purely your choice whether it is Zang Cha Or Keisuke Yagi.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
No contest: Kan Po.

Egg Shen is bad, a tank? Sorry but that's laughable.

He has average armor, average damage.. he's dodgy but doesnt learn riposte.

And unlike many people think, he doesnt learn first strike 3, nor vengeance strike.

Might as well use a swash if you want to do damage.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Mycin Xanderman on Oct 17, 2015 wrote:
Thanks, I'm thinking of buying both!
Go for Kan Po He is amazing if you want a lot of damage done on the enemy.