Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which Badge?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I thought it would be nice to find out which badges the community uses and why.
So enter your badge like this:
Badge name
How did you get it?
Why do you use that badge?
My badge is Master of Moo, you get this badge by defeating Moo Manchu in his tower a hundred times.
I use this badge because it is still a unique badge ( only 14 - 15 players have it.) and it also reminds me of the wonderful friends who helped me get it.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
Badge name
How did you get it?
My badge is Master of Moo, you get this badge by defeating Moo Manchu in his tower a hundred times.
I use this badge because it is still a unique badge ( only 14 - 15 players have it.) and it also reminds me of the wonderful friends who helped me get it.
Badge Name: Vice Admiral
Qualifications: Level 65 Nautical Level
Reason(s) for Equipping it:

For the Bragging Rights

Achieving Vice Admiral status can be seen as a challenge -- one that I have overcome. Most players have little to no problems leveling up their pirate, but their nautical level is usually a different story.

It's a Bargaining Chip

If someone sees you in front of the Nautical Gauntlet with the badge equipped, they'll know that you're an asset. More people may join you, making the gauntlet easier.

You Are a Pirate!

What makes a pirate different from almost any criminal? Nautical experience!

Yar har, fiddle di dee,
What makes a pirate a pirate you see,
Is that he's* level five plus sixty*,
Then yer a pirate!

*or she
*the song writer is referring to nautical level

One Piece, One Piece, One Piece!

For those who do not know, I love One Piece! In the world of One Piece, the most powerful group within the Navy is the Three Admirals, whose power rivals some of the most powerful pirates. The Vice Admirals are second to them. I'm content with the status of Vice Admiral, but will be overjoyed when the nautical level is raised to Admiral.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, generally I use the badge, Le Chat Noir. Received after defeating Black Jean Lafitte in Marleybone.
My main reason for using the badge is that I kept posting to KI in the early days of pirate about the badge's original grammar error. This was back when the badge was "Le Chat Noire". So, after pointing out the mistake, and KI being very nice to fix it, I decided that Le Chat Noir would be my badge of choice.

At least until a better badge comes along.

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
I use captain of the royal navy. this is the badge you get for beating Marleybone. I know there are better badges in Aquila, but it just sounds so cool!

Also, how do you get smuggling badges?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
My main character (Misty of course) uses the Tavern Crawler badge, which you earn by visiting 12 taverns across the Spiral. I use it mainly because I find it amusing and also pretty unique; I have seen very few displaying it.

My buccaneer wears the Regatta Champion badge, earned by completing the Pirate's Regatta, because in my own mind she is a master of the skyways and would be proud to show off that she had completed a difficult ship challenge. For myself, it's a placeholder until I return to Marleybone and grab the Marleybone Veteran badge (complete all book 10 side quests) as it fits Holly's outfit.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Me badge be Expert Treasure Seeker, after searching and opening 500 hidden chests it be one of me greatest accomplishments, though it was hard it still be worth it.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Blazing Cannons on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
I use captain of the royal navy. this is the badge you get for beating Marleybone. I know there are better badges in Aquila, but it just sounds so cool!

Also, how do you get smuggling badges?
You get smuggling badges by playing in the Smuggler's Arena.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Badge name
How did you get it?
Badge name: The nefarious 6'th

How did you get it: I got it by drinking the evil fruit juice in the nefarious 5 fight

Why do you use that badge?: I like this badge because it sounds flippen awesome and you get red eyes and uh....... Thats pretty much it, it just looks so epic on my pirate XD

Fearless talon lewis

Golden Leo

Sean nightingale

The warriors of the spiral

Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
I use Armada's Most Wanted, which is gained by completing all Book 4 quests. I quite like the Armada vs. Pirates thing, and I love the idea that my pirate is a giant nuisance to them.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Most of my pirates go badgeless, although I do admit that a certain young bucky wears her 'thug' badge with pride.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I use grand order of the empire.

I think I got it from defeating rooke in marleybone but I use it because it sounds cool and I feel like a legendary general who can fight on sky and land

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Badge name
How did you get it?
The Nefarious Sixth
How I got it: Drinking the potion of corruption and then having my team mates for Moo Manchu defeat me. We planned ahead luckily so I took off all my armor for that fight
Why do I use it: :D it gives me the power of red glowing eyes!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I switch badges a lot, but my main ones are Armada's most wanted, A friend of ours, and Fencing master, the former comes from completing all book 4 side quests, the middle comes from fighting the Rat Pack , the latter comes from promoting El Toro.

Corrupt Lucas Vries and I sometimes wear the silliest badges, like pollywogger, sanitation engineer, soggy scalawag, baggage handler, and others

*BTW, I now have 400 yarrs! Party!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I've changed my badge to hoodoo guru epbecause I want to be the master of the arts