Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Might"

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
So, I was excited that the Producer's Letter had FINALLY come out. I was getting a little hyped for the test realm..... until I read the part about the story.

It states, "we know many of you have been waiting a long time to hear about when we might continue the storyline."

MIGHT????

I am really scared. So there might not be any new story anytime soon? Or at all?

Please clarify.

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Alright let's be honest, first off we've been waiting for two years, second of all this game has been made for the players starting out, it never really catered to the higher level players. I'll admit I got my hopes up at first that it was book 15, and so I thought for a little time I might by crowns. However the producer's letter along with that are producer is from WIZARDS reminded me it will probably be another two years before it happens. I thought when other updates came out they were working on it, but it's clear they haven't started.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I think you've pretty much nailed it. Kudos to the new producer for breaking radio silence enough to let us know that there is only more fluff being added to the game ahead of time, and for actually acknowledging our concern about the story line. What a shame this wasn't done months ago.

I'm disappointed and feeling snarked, but at least I know not to get my hopes up this summer. I can poke at advancing my various lower level characters slowly, since there's no reason to push them to get to the level cap and sit in suspended animation for the next several months.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I extend a warm welcome to Professor Falmea, but I wish her news was more welcome. This is a huge disappointment that the story line has been delayed. I'll be trying ranked pvp and the ship gauntlet in the test realm, I'm not sure I want to spend my crowns on it when it goes "live".

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
I am Very sad at what i have seen in this newsletter.

It truly makes me believe that there will never be any more story line / and that level 65 is where we are going to be stuck at forever.

Ranked PVP - yet again something that a lot of people DO NOT want. I guess KI has really not taken to heart what people have been saying. Yes some people want ranked / but MOST of the players i have spoken to online could care less for it and have no intention of using it.

Gauntlet - sounds like another version of the MOO tower but for ships -
Without further advancement for players this really seems pretty useless

I believe someone used the term FLUFF to describe what they are giving us and that really does sound right. a lot of FLUFF but no real content - kind of like those foam peanuts used to pack items

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Good spotting on that. Hopefully it was just a poor choice of wording.