Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Pillow Fight Contest - Jan. 31!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

On the surface Skull Island may be notorious for its armies of troggies, shivers of sharks, and Aztecan ruins full of peril, but our plundering pirates really know what’s in abundance in the treasure chests of Skull Island . . . pillows! In fact the pillow stockpile has grown so huge, there’s only one thing to do . . . PILLOW FIGHT!!

Our first ever pillow fight “farming event” will be hosted on Jan 31st, 2015 from 12:01am to 11:59pm US Central. Log on and fight the enemies of Skull Island in search of four types of pillows:
  • Embroidered Royal Pillow
  • Royal Throw Pillow
  • Embroidered Elegant Throw Pillow
  • Embroidered Regal Pillow

That’s right, we’re tracking all the pillows received as rewards from combat in Skull Island by our players on January 31st. We’ll total up the numbers here at KingsIsle, and on February 2nd, we’ll award the player who got the most pillows 60,000 Crowns! The next top ten pillow fighters will receive 10,000 Crowns each! Who will rise to the top of the pile of pillows victorious? How many pillows will they collect?

1. Only pillows that are successfully acquired by players as loot drops from 12:01 am 31 January to 11:59pm US Central on 31 January will count toward the total. Bazaar purchased pillows will not count toward the total.
  2. You may sell your pillows after you acquire them to make room for more pillows.
  3. Pillows are counted per character, not per account.
  4. Winners will be announced and awarded on 2 February.
  5. Please contact community@pirate101.com if you have additional questions.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/pillow_fight

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What a super fun idea! Hmmm can I stand nearly 24 hours of bashing troggies, prawns, & sharks for pillows?
You betcha!
P.S. I've decided to un-equip my high level gear and go with zero level gear, fortunately I kept my weapon from Buster Crab, so I dusted off Da Klaw and equipped that. It wouldn't be fun unless there's some challenge to this!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
This is going to be fun! Good luck to those participating. Now then...

Alarm set...check

Coffee maker set up...check

Laptop charger handy...check

Make sure internet is going to behave...check

Empty backpack except for necessary gear...check

Do I seem to be forgetting anything?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fabulous idea I put all my mounts and breeding stock in my house and got my backpack down to 50 The hazards of a morphaholic. Let the feathers FLY

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Which Skull Island creatures will drop pillows, or will all creatures drop them just for the day. Also, are ships creatures included?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Who drops these items has not been altered.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
EMC99 on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
Which Skull Island creatures will drop pillows, or will all creatures drop them just for the day. Also, are ships creatures included?
Here is a guide of all the Skull Island creatures that drop pillows

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Ha, har now ye be speaking me language Mrs. Anne, even though I be up fer any challenge ye can count me in yarr.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009
OK so I got a question. The guide has in it creatures from Monquista and Skull Island. The page say Skull Island enemies. my question is this: where is OK to farm? Anywhere in the world of Skull Island? Only in places like the Ancient Tunnels, Skull Mountain, etc. Also where is a good drop rate to be found? I've been trying the Wharf Rat Squirts and they seem to have a low drop rate.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What a fun idea! Hopefully we can have different events like this. Any more event ideas guys and gals?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jan 31, 2015
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Why not make this an annual tradition?

Ensign
Mar 17, 2014
in about a hour the contest is going to start

good luck to you all and let the best pirate win.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
RavenLady7773 on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
Love this idea!
Welcome to the message boards mademoiselle!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
soulkeeper18 on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
in about a hour the contest is going to start

good luck to you all and let the best pirate win.
Welcome to the message boards Soulkeeper. I sure hope you did well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So, did I win?-- please tell me no pirate got 2 or more pillows...if not sweeeeet, come to papa 60,000 Crowns! (never was too good in a pillow fight, even despite my super long reach)

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
So, did I win?-- please tell me no pirate got 2 or more pillows...if not sweeeeet, come to papa 60,000 Crowns! (never was too good in a pillow fight, even despite my super long reach)
Cool!So,we're tied!Guess we can split the Crowns?50-50?As in,half me,and the other half me?

(What,I said we'd split it.Not that you'd get to keep any of that)

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

All winners have been announced. Check out our blog post for more info.

http://kingsisleblog.com/2015/02/02/pillow-fight-results-congratulations-two-faced-anne/

Great job pillow-fighters!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Congratulations to all the winners. Congrats to Two Faced Anne for winning the 60 thousand crowns.
And a hearty congratulations to the 10 ten thousand crown winners

2. Clumsy Calamity
3. Lazy Keelan
4. Misty Jackson
5. Crazy Cassidy
6. Stubborn Duncan Freeman
7. Merciful Misty
8. Katherine De Bouff
9. Seth
10. Fiery Samantha Moone
11. Harmony Everhart

I managed to place 20th out of 50 in spite of my migraine halting my progress and that totally surprised and thrilled me. Thanks for the shout out to us honorable mentioners. *Lobs pillow at winners*

Community Leader
Congrats to all ye winners!

I can't believe I came in 34th!

Way to go pirates!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
One Hundred Fifteen Pillows??? Congratulations are definitely in order!

Great work, Two-Faced Anne!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Big big big congratulations to everyone! This was such a fun event; I'd love to do another one sometime.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I can't believe I missed it :(
Hopefully we get a similiar event some day