Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Were swashbucklers boosted...and nerfed?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
Okay so as we all probably know, swashbucklers were boosted in pve, but especially in pvp when their hidden could not be taken away by aoe. But on my max lvl buckler, it seems as though swashbucklers have had their amazing dodge nerfed. I am not complaining or saying that it wasn't right to give bucklers less dodge, but I was simply wondering, have any other bucklers out there start dodging less against all enemies? I now see bucks out there that can easily land hit after hit on bucklers now. I may just be assuming too much but it just feels as though my buckler doesn't dodge nearly as much as he used to. I wanna see what you guys think on this and why bucklers may be dodging less often.

Developer
Let me save you some time:

Nothing was changed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormninja542 on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
Okay so as we all probably know, swashbucklers were boosted in pve, but especially in pvp when their hidden could not be taken away by aoe. But on my max lvl buckler, it seems as though swashbucklers have had their amazing dodge nerfed. I am not complaining or saying that it wasn't right to give bucklers less dodge, but I was simply wondering, have any other bucklers out there start dodging less against all enemies? I now see bucks out there that can easily land hit after hit on bucklers now. I may just be assuming too much but it just feels as though my buckler doesn't dodge nearly as much as he used to. I wanna see what you guys think on this and why bucklers may be dodging less often.
Check your dodge stat, I'm sure it's the same as usual. The fact that some buccaneers seem to be getting hits could be that they have got better gear that boosts their accuracy.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on Nov 12, 2014 wrote:
Let me save you some time:

Nothing was changed.
I could be incorrect but didn't you implement a reduction in the effectiveness of the dodge stat around the Aquila update?

Developer
Eric Stormbringer on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
I could be incorrect but didn't you implement a reduction in the effectiveness of the dodge stat around the Aquila update?
Not as a design tweak, no.

We did fix a bug where the dodge calculation was much swingier than intended-- making everyone potentially both very dodgy as well as very not-dodgy.

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
Ratbeard on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
Not as a design tweak, no.

We did fix a bug where the dodge calculation was much swingier than intended-- making everyone potentially both very dodgy as well as very not-dodgy.
Ratbeard is definitely right. Im 65 and you only get dodgy 2 from your teacher(like everyone else) its just the clothes that give us more dodge

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
stormninja542 on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
I still go largely untouched even with my dodge as low as 147. When I use the right gear I can get it up over 170 and still have good weapon power also. And yes it would be wrong to give Swashbucklers less dodge...that's how we survive man!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
I still go largely untouched even with my dodge as low as 147. When I use the right gear I can get it up over 170 and still have good weapon power also. And yes it would be wrong to give Swashbucklers less dodge...that's how we survive man!
Go to the Tower of Moo Manchu and collect some of that gear with dodge, my dodge has been boosted to 201!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
Go to the Tower of Moo Manchu and collect some of that gear with dodge, my dodge has been boosted to 201!
Yeah, I think I have all the Buckler gear from the Tower and you're right, you can really boost your dodge. I was able to get Moo Manchus boots and they give +18 dodge. That's the highest dodge boost from a gear item in the game I believe, but I don't really care for the power that comes with them. I crank up my dodge for pve, but in pvp I like to carry a few shields and heals with me and keep my weapons damage over 350, so 147 dodge is the most I've been able to squeeze out of my gear thus far. One great piece of gear out there that gives you Valor's Fortress as well as a +12 dodge boost are some boots called the Shoes of Faunus. Cadmus drops them, so all us Bucklers who like to keep our dodge up and also have some shields might think about farming for those. Fair sailing friend :)

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Sometimes i feel that the weapon affects it