Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reasons to love love LOVE pirate101!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Hey, all you pirate lovers out there. I am a big huge fan of pirate101. I started playing back in June and I´m almost a max level now. Can you believe it? Pirate101 is adventurous and fun. All of you people who haven´t tried or are thinking about it try it! I have some resons why to love pirate101. So sit back, drink some yum, and chillax.
  1. The details are so realistic and graphic. The worlds are so real!
  2. Blowing up ships is awesome!
  3. This is my fav reason. The companions! They have a sense of humor and talk in the story line. You can even promote them to make them stronger.
  4. The pets are so cute and strong. You can train them while your quest instead of wasting your time
  5. Questing with friends is so much fun! Defeating bad guys is so easy even when your soloing. Well those are reasons why to love pirate101. Hey, can i have some yum? Just kidding. So tell we what you think and I´ll get back to you asap. I´ll see ya in the spiral! Bye and thanks for reading this! Friendly Taylor Silver Level 55 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
One of the best thing about Pirate101 has got to be sailing, considering that I am crewmember on the brigantines in LA.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SnazzySwashbuckler... on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Hey, all you pirate lovers out there. I am a big huge fan of pirate101. I started playing back in June and I´m almost a max level now. Can you believe it? Pirate101 is adventurous and fun. All of you people who haven´t tried or are thinking about it try it! I have some resons why to love pirate101. So sit back, drink some yum, and chillax.
  1. The details are so realistic and graphic. The worlds are so real!
  2. Blowing up ships is awesome!
  3. This is my fav reason. The companions! They have a sense of humor and talk in the story line. You can even promote them to make them stronger.
  4. The pets are so cute and strong. You can train them while your quest instead of wasting your time
  5. Questing with friends is so much fun! Defeating bad guys is so easy even when your soloing. Well those are reasons why to love pirate101. Hey, can i have some yum? Just kidding. So tell we what you think and I´ll get back to you asap. I´ll see ya in the spiral! Bye and thanks for reading this! Friendly Taylor Silver Level 55 Swashbuckler
You have come to the right place for folk that just adore this game and the community that goes with it. KingsIsle has done it RIGHT and we all benefit from it. The giggles just never stop in the Spiral. A hearty YAR from me here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
@ SnazzySwashbuckler Welcome to the Message Boards. You are so right, may I add that KI has written a thrilling story to your list?
@ Griffin Armstrong Welcome to you also! That is so cool! I've been hooked on all thing sailing ever since my Great-Uncle took me sailing on Chaesepeak ( well spelling is not my strength ) Bay, he let me handle the rudder - so wonderful the feeling of freedom!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
You are so right, Taylor Silver. All of those are excellent reasons to love Pirate101, and I love it for those very same reasons too! I love the thoughtful and thrilling storyline, with its multitude of themes, making it by turns playful and serious, even deep. I really enjoy all the different peoples of the worlds, the different ways they speak and dress, and I dearly love the numerous historical nods in the game (including our clothes!). And all those little creatures that show up in the worlds - snakes, skunks, chickens, pandas, squirrels, frogs... yes, these and especially the people who are going about their daily business make the worlds so real and engaging.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Also, if you're as few levels under, it's actually possible to win the battle, unlike wizard101.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Oh I have many reasons why I love Pirate101 so much!
1. Beautiful graphics. It really is a work of art. I find myself taking a moment to admire the beauty of the worlds. With the new update, I see more critters running around: like in Steed's Villa I saw a squirrel eating an acorn and it really gives the worlds more life. Sometimes I chase them around or stare at them for a few moments. The art team sure has done a wonderful job.
2. The fascinating art of the combat. It's not boring to see and the action is great. I like to feel like I'm some kindof ninja.
3. The companions are like a wonderful family to me. Being a soloist/lone wolf can get pretty lonely sometimes, and it feels like the companions give me great company. They got my back and I got theirs.
4. The storyline is amazing and the voice actors are as well. Hmm... I can't wait for book 15. It's totally going to be worth the wait.
5. It's a family game! I don't see my grandfather much anymore and he's like a father to me. We used to bond and play games together all the time. I asked if he would check out Pirate101 so we could do that again. I'm so happy he gave it a chance and now everyday we play P101 and be close again.
6. The KI company. They're not lazy with their games and make sure the quality and storyline is great. They have wonderful service that apparently not many MMO companies have that I know of. Not going to give any names *cough Disney cough*. Boy was that a big disappointment! I have many reasons to back up my opinion, but that's not relevant now.
7. I never get bored on this game. There's always something else to do, and that's quite an accomplishment!
8. The community! Like my companions, I also feel like the P101 community is one big lovely family.

Aww... I'm running out of character spaces. Anyways, I just love the entire game and everyone who made it what it is. I feel like Chrissy, just wanting to hug Avery-one. <-- That was originally a typo, but I can't pass up that pun.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Why I love Pirate101:

1) THE PUNS!!!!
2) Best value among all MMORPGs. Catch the right deal, and you can play for less than $5 a month. What a bargain!
3) Once you get to Marleybone, the story takes a very intriguing turn. I am now hooked. I have GOT to know what is going on.
4) Bonnie Anne -- depth of character, Ratbeard -- pirate through and through, El Toro -- an ego a mile wide but what a brilliant fighter, Monkey King -- OOooooh! What a sneaky talker!
5) THE PUNS!!!!
6) Strategy, rather than tactics in battle.
7) My ship is big enough to put in a bowling alley!
8) THE PUNS!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oh! I forgot about the fact that KI gives you an option! You can buy a membership OR you can buy zones with Crowns! Most MMOs require a membership to access not just quests but housing, mounts, gear, pets; but one MMO that I played, your levels were tied to membership! When your membership ended your levels went down to level 4 ( max level was 20, permanently no level expansion ) This option suits my method of play, I can't always buy Crowns, so I buy them only as I need them!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Griffin Armstrong on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
One of the best thing about Pirate101 has got to be sailing, considering that I am crewmember on the brigantines in LA.
Wow dude! And ya I love sailing those beautiful skyways. My fav skyway is the body sky in cool ranch! Makes sense since its huge to call it the big sky!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
You have come to the right place for folk that just adore this game and the community that goes with it. KingsIsle has done it RIGHT and we all benefit from it. The giggles just never stop in the Spiral. A hearty YAR from me here.
Pirate101 makes me laughs so hard that I nearly choked on my food! XD
Keep playing pirate101!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
@ SnazzySwashbuckler Welcome to the Message Boards. You are so right, may I add that KI has written a thrilling story to your list?
@ Griffin Armstrong Welcome to you also! That is so cool! I've been hooked on all thing sailing ever since my Great-Uncle took me sailing on Chaesepeak ( well spelling is not my strength ) Bay, he let me handle the rudder - so wonderful the feeling of freedom!
Wow! My uncle sails in the Atlantic and he lets me steers his boat when he gotta do something. Sailing and blowing up ships is fun to the max! Good sailing!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
You are so right, Taylor Silver. All of those are excellent reasons to love Pirate101, and I love it for those very same reasons too! I love the thoughtful and thrilling storyline, with its multitude of themes, making it by turns playful and serious, even deep. I really enjoy all the different peoples of the worlds, the different ways they speak and dress, and I dearly love the numerous historical nods in the game (including our clothes!). And all those little creatures that show up in the worlds - snakes, skunks, chickens, pandas, squirrels, frogs... yes, these and especially the people who are going about their daily business make the worlds so real and engaging.
The Pirate101 Life is full if drama and your right it's serious and deep like those novels. Thanks for pointing it out!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Also, if you're as few levels under, it's actually possible to win the battle, unlike wizard101.
Yea! Your right! I had to do Miranda in cool ranch and it was so hard! I made it out with all of my companions wounded.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
435Snow Owl on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Oh I have many reasons why I love Pirate101 so much!
1. Beautiful graphics. It really is a work of art. I find myself taking a moment to admire the beauty of the worlds. With the new update, I see more critters running around: like in Steed's Villa I saw a squirrel eating an acorn and it really gives the worlds more life. Sometimes I chase them around or stare at them for a few moments. The art team sure has done a wonderful job.
2. The fascinating art of the combat. It's not boring to see and the action is great. I like to feel like I'm some kindof ninja.
3. The companions are like a wonderful family to me. Being a soloist/lone wolf can get pretty lonely sometimes, and it feels like the companions give me great company. They got my back and I got theirs.
4. The storyline is amazing and the voice actors are as well. Hmm... I can't wait for book 15. It's totally going to be worth the wait.
5. It's a family game! I don't see my grandfather much anymore and he's like a father to me. We used to bond and play games together all the time. I asked if he would check out Pirate101 so we could do that again. I'm so happy he gave it a chance and now everyday we play P101 and be close again.
6. The KI company. They're not lazy with their games and make sure the quality and storyline is great. They have wonderful service that apparently not many MMO companies have that I know of. Not going to give any names *cough Disney cough*. Boy was that a big disappointment! I have many reasons to back up my opinion, but that's not relevant now.
7. I never get bored on this game. There's always something else to do, and that's quite an accomplishment!
8. The community! Like my companions, I also feel like the P101 community is one big lovely family.

Aww... I'm running out of character spaces. Anyways, I just love the entire game and everyone who made it what it is. I feel like Chrissy, just wanting to hug Avery-one. <-- That was originally a typo, but I can't pass up that pun.
Nice! Ki did a better job with this game. More scenic! More graphic and a lot more things! Wow you have a lot of reasons. Keep loving pirate and I'll see ya in the skyways.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
Max DeGroot on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Why I love Pirate101:

1) THE PUNS!!!!
2) Best value among all MMORPGs. Catch the right deal, and you can play for less than $5 a month. What a bargain!
3) Once you get to Marleybone, the story takes a very intriguing turn. I am now hooked. I have GOT to know what is going on.
4) Bonnie Anne -- depth of character, Ratbeard -- pirate through and through, El Toro -- an ego a mile wide but what a brilliant fighter, Monkey King -- OOooooh! What a sneaky talker!
5) THE PUNS!!!!
6) Strategy, rather than tactics in battle.
7) My ship is big enough to put in a bowling alley!
8) THE PUNS!!!!
Ok what with the puns? lol Anyway I love all my companions except a few. I like how brilliant Bonnie is, how crazy Ratbeard is, how El Toro has a big ego but is very strong, and the sneakiness Monkey king. Thanks for sharing!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
My favorite and biggest reason to love, love, LOVE Pirate101 is simply this:

I can play it and actually thoroughly enjoy it side-by-side with my son and eventually also with my twins.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
My favorite and biggest reason to love, love, LOVE Pirate101 is simply this:

I can play it and actually thoroughly enjoy it side-by-side with my son and eventually also with my twins.
Is your son a Marauder?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Is your son a Marauder?
He's only about 23/32 a Marauder on his dog's side.

Actually he does read some of the posts when I am on and gives me inspirational topics of conversation. He also gets to give first reactions and critiques to some of my off-the-wall antics and offerings, but he himself hasn't posted anything.....yet! He just may start to join in on the boards in the near future, with my supervision of course- he's still a bit young to fully be unleashed on my fellow Marauders and friends!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
He's only about 23/32 a Marauder on his dog's side.

Actually he does read some of the posts when I am on and gives me inspirational topics of conversation. He also gets to give first reactions and critiques to some of my off-the-wall antics and offerings, but he himself hasn't posted anything.....yet! He just may start to join in on the boards in the near future, with my supervision of course- he's still a bit young to fully be unleashed on my fellow Marauders and friends!
Cool! Can't wait to see what he has to say about some things