Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Allow purchase of additional practice points

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
As a suggestions, I would allow purchase of additional practice points for either gold, crowns or both.
The price can be increased with the increased purchases. Thus, one practice point might be $1,000 in gold or 500 crowns. The second practice point might be 2,000 gold or 1000 crowns , the third would go up by another 1,000 gold or 500 crowns etc.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
sandy20850 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
As a suggestions, I would allow purchase of additional practice points for either gold, crowns or both.
The price can be increased with the increased purchases. Thus, one practice point might be $1,000 in gold or 500 crowns. The second practice point might be 2,000 gold or 1000 crowns , the third would go up by another 1,000 gold or 500 crowns etc.
I would have to disagree with this. Simply because it means that everyone has access to everything a trainer teaches (that isn't a class quest)

Gold is too cheap as it is easily farmable and obtainable
Making it crowns will make pvp a more "play to win" which isn't healthy

Also not to mention Wizard101 has never added it either despite them having the same feature for training with other classes. (Not saying Wizard101 needs it for Pirate101 to get it. Just using Wizard101 as an example)

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
If you are referring to the player practice/training points (not companions).....this will likely never happen. Almost all MMOs that implement this type of character building, force you to make decisions on which points to spend on in order to create diversity within the game. Imagine, if you could get every skill available...wouldn't you? Everyone else would too (those that could afford it anyways). Every character would be exactly the same, minus their starting class (just varying levels of completion).

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
First of all, each trainer has limits on the amount of skills that can be purchased with practice points. You don't get all skills. Moreover, by requiring an increased price for each future point, the cost would become prohibitive at some point. Why not allow us to purchase a few more practice points?

Frankly, I have a level 65 witchdoctor too. I have plenty of gold but don't have things to spend the gold on. I have maxed out my top three companion levels, I have better gear than found in the auction house, and don't want to buy house items that do nothing for the game other than add aesthetics. Being able to use gold to buy additional practice points would provide a use for my gold.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
As much as I would love to learn the skills and talents each class offers, it just would not suit the game.
Most classes already teach similar talents, and would decrease the difficulty of the game.
Plus, if we were able to learn all talents offered by teachers for everyone, it would make each class less unique, as each class has powers that are specific to them, however this won't stop you from learning a bit from each class!

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Good idea. I say 7000 crowns for 1st point and 2000 more each time

This prevents overpowering a bit

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
No, NOT crowns. Crowns will determine how much money people have around. Gold has to be earned in game. I would use gold and not crowns.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
The only problem with gold is people at high levels stock gold like crazy. I can get 300000 gold in a day if I tried. There would have to be a limit on purchases then. Besides, most all helpful items in the game are nought with crowns. I don't get crowns very often myself, but seeing this from a business perspective it only makes sense that a company like Ki would make this a crowns only item

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
First of all, each trainer has limits on the amount of skills that can be purchased with practice points. You don't get all skills. Moreover, by requiring an increased price for each future point, the cost would become prohibitive at some point. Why not allow us to purchase a few more practice points?

Frankly, I have a level 65 witchdoctor too. I have plenty of gold but don't have things to spend the gold on. I have maxed out my top three companion levels, I have better gear than found in the auction house, and don't want to buy house items that do nothing for the game other than add aesthetics. Being able to use gold to buy additional practice points would provide a use for my gold.
You can use your Gold to morph new pets, feed them, and train them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm totally against buying any power you want from any trainer, this would completely unbalance the game. And make nonsense of having character classes.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
anecorbie on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I'm totally against buying any power you want from any trainer, this would completely unbalance the game. And make nonsense of having character classes.
I completely agree

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
"Unbalance the game?" Are you crazy?

First, this game is NOT primarily about PVP.
Secondly, for the most part, people solo in this game. Grouping has only occurred when someone jumps in on a fight.
Third, being able to purchase a couple of extra practice points won't unbalance anything. Moreover, everyone would have the same option.

Finally, there are limits as to what skills can be purchased with practice points now. This won't change.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
"Unbalance the game?" Are you crazy?

First, this game is NOT primarily about PVP.
Secondly, for the most part, people solo in this game. Grouping has only occurred when someone jumps in on a fight.
Third, being able to purchase a couple of extra practice points won't unbalance anything. Moreover, everyone would have the same option.

Finally, there are limits as to what skills can be purchased with practice points now. This won't change.
My concern was NOT about pvp. Basically we have a character class, I believe that a swashbuckler ( for instance ) should not be able to train Purge Magic ( farming is another matter ). The same goes for a Buccaneer gaining Esprit De Corps. These powers don't reflect that class. If anyone can gain any power by training, why have classes at all?