Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buccaneers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Why are Buccaneers, well, underpowered? While in PvE and PvP they have that super win power Reckless Frenzy, in PvP their accuracy is sub-par and have difficulties actually applying their damage. Also, their health and powers are no match against the game's most powerful attacks(such as Assasin's Strike, etc.). In addition Privateers have all the defense of them but trade damage to give companions large boosts. The health of Buccaneers is only marginally better than the other classes.

Level 65 Buccaneer
Level 10 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
justaguest on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
Why are Buccaneers, well, underpowered? While in PvE and PvP they have that super win power Reckless Frenzy, in PvP their accuracy is sub-par and have difficulties actually applying their damage. Also, their health and powers are no match against the game's most powerful attacks(such as Assasin's Strike, etc.). In addition Privateers have all the defense of them but trade damage to give companions large boosts. The health of Buccaneers is only marginally better than the other classes.

Level 65 Buccaneer
Level 10 Swashbuckler
Hi,

I have also a lvl 65 Buccaneer and i just love it!, dont know why you think the class is underpowered, they can stand very long in hard battles, specially when you use the Leviathan's call, 10 turns 50% less damage, walk to the enemies en use your reckless frenzy or other very amazing epics , they will stand useless against you, and when they have time to attack you, you block It or take the hit and vengeance strike will trigger and you hit them back, harder then they did , and you can equip heavy armor, it is just a great class.

Blaze

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Privateers can also equip heavy armor and last very long, and they are really good in PvP. Leviathan's Call is nothing unique I have seen swashbucklers and privateers with that power. This allows them to be tanks just as much as Buccaneers, with Privateers have excellent logistics and Swashbucklers excellent damage. Also, Swashbucklers can deal more damage than Reckless Frenzy if their moves critical(hint: Power + bleeding).

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
Actually, Buccaneers are pretty darn powerful. Reckless Frenzy is amazing, if dangerous. The charges make them good at maneuvering and debuffing their enemies. -50% accuracy is really very bad for your enemy. That, along with the shields, the armor, and the epic abilities... Buccaneers are, as intended, a force to be reckoned with. If you're finding the class difficult, you could aim for some better gear (As a buccaneer, Swashbuckler moves and hides can be good for you- A good way to wipe aggro and deal damage at the same time, something you might need if you're taking too many hits), or you could try a different class.
Buccaneers aren't more powerful than anyone else- nobody is. It's all about strengths, weaknesses, and balance.

Hope this helps at least a little,
Commander Morgan Quincy, Level 65

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
I have a level 20 buccaneer and he is good my little cousin's pirate is level 3 she died at fin but still going but all classes is a fighting type mine is run in and fight so its

Wolf Nightingale Level 20

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Topic here is about Player Buccaneers and how they seem to do against other classes...
Anyway Reckless Frenzy can be rather easy to block if you have high dodge(especially Swash with over 150 dodge), and I have pretty good gear(and all Swashbuckler powers that can be learned via training points).

Small Tip: Buccaneers aren't tanks against Witchdoctors, they can deal serious damage to them...