Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Narrations Disable Interface

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2013
Sometimes, when I complete a quest, a character, crew or enemy speaks, and the next thing I know, the "Press X To ... Whatever" is disabled. Can't port my ship, can't interact with objects, etc. I'll have to log out, then back in, in order to restore the X Button's functionality. Hm.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I would try using Window's Control Panel to uninstall Pirate101, restart your computer, download a new version of Pirate101 install and re-install it. If that doesn't work, contact Support using the Help Menu above (the Orange Question Mark) and I'm sure they can help you.

Administrator
AuroraGriffin2000 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes, when I complete a quest, a character, crew or enemy speaks, and the next thing I know, the "Press X To ... Whatever" is disabled. Can't port my ship, can't interact with objects, etc. I'll have to log out, then back in, in order to restore the X Button's functionality. Hm.
We have a bug that we're investigating on a separate issue that sounds kind of related. Next time this happens to you, feel free to immediately log out and send me your "Captain's Log" to community@pirate101.com (before playing the game again), and I'll forward it along. To get your Captain's Log file, drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated).

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*