Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Are musketeers NOT getting attention?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
I notice lately that even know we have these special abilities, I feel in fact that us musketeers are being cheated. In cool ranch which is home of the hundreds of musketeers there two skills they use but WE don't get. and that's true grit (its like vengeance strike for musketeers) and return fire. there is a couple of other skills two and some special moves but overall WE never get these epic stuff. and I betcha there is a couple of other things other classes don't get at all that others do.

Either add some of these skills in the next world for us to learn or add them During our trips to cool ranch or other worlds. I not happy about this at all

Black Rashida Level 50 Musketeer

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
I sympathize, I've recently noticed that out of all the classes in the game, musketeers get the least respect. The only time musketeers get recognition is through Bonnie Anne. I hope Kingsisle hears what you have to say!

Community Leader
Musketeers were seriously buffed up just prior to the game going live.
The class didnt have half the tools it has now to play the game with.
Its one of the most effective classes I have played as it stands!

I think we need to give developers time, and allow them to add more content.

They cant put it all in the first few chapters, they'd have nothing to give us later!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
winter goddess on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
I notice lately that even know we have these special abilities, I feel in fact that us musketeers are being cheated. In cool ranch which is home of the hundreds of musketeers there two skills they use but WE don't get. and that's true grit (its like vengeance strike for musketeers) and return fire. there is a couple of other skills two and some special moves but overall WE never get these epic stuff. and I betcha there is a couple of other things other classes don't get at all that others do.

Either add some of these skills in the next world for us to learn or add them During our trips to cool ranch or other worlds. I not happy about this at all

Hello Black Rashida, (if you are the one I happen to know). If I recall correctly, musketeers have both the Quick Draw epic and the Double Tap epic. Musketeers also have gear options that allow them to gain other epics such as the Duck of Death's robe with True Grit.

Stormy Eric Silver Level 50 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Although I love seeing true grit on my companions I myself would not want it. I used to have English Bill's outfit which gives true grit, it works wonders on generic musketeer enemies but it can get you into a lot of trouble with bosses and other true grit enemies. Quick draw too is a little bothersome with enemies that have true grit that attack you and you can't stop it from triggering. That is why I am actually happy I don't get true grit, or even burst fire for that matter, because you really don't want to get into a quick draw/true grit battle with a musketeer boss; you WILL take more damage than they do because most of them tend to have double quick draw AND double true grit. It's not pretty. As for return fire I find that useless because not only are bullets difficult to dodge, but as a musketeer I always figured the aim was not to be dodgy but to keep enemies from getting to you with companions and traps and sniping them from a distance (at least with the rifles, I personally prefer those over the pistols). Granted this doesn't necessarily work with musketeer and witch doctor enemies unless your range is longer than theirs, but I guess that's why we have quick draw and high resistance. Plus don't forget we have double tap, which I love to take advantage of.

Anne level 50

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012

Santo Pollo -> El Toro Mansion -> Santa Rana fight= Santa Rana's hat (give overwatch).
Boot Island -> Billy English fights = Deathdealers (guns with burst fire), Billy English jacket (outfit with true grit).
Arroyo Grande -> buck Bronco dungeon = give pistols with overwatch.
Cooper Roost-> Clark House = pistols with overwatch.

So there is something to get, problem is that beside of those items there are no more with epics, so their level is low (15-30 max).

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012

but no player characters get first hits or revenge abilities regardless of their class.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Chinspinner on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
but no player characters get first hits or revenge abilities regardless of their class.
I'm not sure if you're new to the game, or didn't actually realize what you were typing, but yes, other classes do. Buccaneers get Vengeance Strike and Blade Storm level 2 and swashbucklers get First Strike level 2 and Riposte.

Also there are weapon drops in SUBATA (the highest level skyway as of right now) that give vengeance strike or first strike. So far I have not seen any level 45 ranged drops that provide the player with an epic. I do agree that musketeers could use a bit more attention, but I'm not arguing because I know that allot of drops were added to the game recently, and I have not had time to farm to find them.

Nikita Devereaux Lvl 50

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I have been playing as a Musketeer since beta and I can say that we are not being neglected at all. We don't really need that many epic talents. The only thing that I feel was a bit of a letdown with Musketeers was the lack of endgame weaponry for us to farm for besides the quest weapon. Every weapon in Mooshu seems to be geared towards Buccaneers and Privateers with the exception of Moo Manchu's Wand.