Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP skyway?!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
I have a very interesting idea! What do you guys think of a skyway where we could attack other ships?! We could board them and do deckside combat! Cool? Bad idea?

Signed
Cunning Connor Carter Level 33 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Oct 09, 2012
Yea good idea keep them up maybe ki will use some

Jacob Underwood lvl50

Ensign
Jan 08, 2012
I agree, it would have an islands wich to do land pvp also, and maybe an island with pvp vendors, also also think that pvp should be worth the effort, we need pvp currency of somekind.

Ensign
Jan 08, 2012
i take back some of what i said, i did not search the forums to read other posts, but i do agree with you.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I know just where to put them. They would all look like the corasir's channel, but only ships and no flying animals or npc ships. The Skull Island one would be in a cove farther down in the Corsair's Channel, the Monquista one would be past Diablo Cut, Valencia has too little Islands for one, Cool Ranch's one would be in Arroyo Grande, and Mooshu's would be at the back of Khotan Sky. They are all world themed with a small World themed island in the middle with a world class Brawlin' Hall or just one big battle arena.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
put them by the last tip ends of the docks
then have i small platform go out to the sea/ ocean and have them unbottle their ships and fight but still one at a time so it is unique from wizard101

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Hello all you pirate boys and girls! !'m making this thread to dicuss (if not demand for) ship pvp battles. Anybody have any ideas?

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
I think ship pvp should also have racing ships that you can race with.

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
I don't think ship pvp would work in its current format because there would be absolutely no skill involved. Winning would either rely on having a better ship (unfair) or it would simply involve waiting for cool downs until one person, purely by luck or by pressing keys [1]-[4] marginally faster than the other, would win. Or perhaps even a marginally faster connection/ ping would decide the battle, meaning the game registers you firing that volley marginally before your foe.

I think ship battles need a lot of work before you could introduce any meaningful pvp.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
I've been thinking that there should be a PvP for ships! However, there can't be a distinct advantage for ships of the same type, for example, if two people had rafts, and fought each other, they would both be out at the same time. ? Don't even know what I'm saying. Level 41 Buccaneer, Modest Noah Underhill. Look for me in Mooshu or Skull Island.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Heavyshark on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
I've been thinking that there should be a PvP for ships! However, there can't be a distinct advantage for ships of the same type, for example, if two people had rafts, and fought each other, they would both be out at the same time. ? Don't even know what I'm saying. Level 41 Buccaneer, Modest Noah Underhill. Look for me in Mooshu or Skull Island.
yo underhill i would like to meet you in skull island in the swashbuckler training place on the game i am dashing ethan davis and do you want to do pvp? please say yes and please friend me. i'm a level fifty swashbuckler with the cat ninja.

Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
I have also been thinking about ship pvp. I think that even if you had a better ship you could not blast the other out of the sky. You would have to finish the battle on deck. That way it is just as unfair as in land dulling areas. I'm a lvl 26 privateer in Cool ranch or Valencia.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
Ensign
Sep 14, 2011
as long as the pvp skyways don't block the way to other skyways i'm fine with it because enemy ships in my way are enough I don't need stronger player ships in my way too.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
ordeith on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
I have a very interesting idea! What do you guys think of a skyway where we could attack other ships?! We could board them and do deckside combat! Cool? Bad idea?

Signed
I like that idea it's interesting

Ensign
Oct 27, 2012
ordeith on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:

Signed
I say in corsairs cove!

musketeer Silent Tyler

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
coolster50 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
I know just where to put them. They would all look like the corasir's channel, but only ships and no flying animals or npc ships. The Skull Island one would be in a cove farther down in the Corsair's Channel, the Monquista one would be past Diablo Cut, Valencia has too little Islands for one, Cool Ranch's one would be in Arroyo Grande, and Mooshu's would be at the back of Khotan Sky. They are all world themed with a small World themed island in the middle with a world class Brawlin' Hall or just one big battle arena.
Nice Idea!
How about putting an island (Except for valencia) in the middle of each to create a small neutral field, the Island has five ranked pvp houses at each one. where ever you are in the spiral you're not too far away from pvp!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Ensign
Dec 03, 2012
Awesome idea I would find that a lot more exiting. But what about really strong boats vs rafts. Could we make one in each world so that it would be about same kind of ships fighting?

Level 49 swashbuckler

Community Leader
I am pretty sure KI intends on pursuing ship vs ship (ie ship pvp) battles at some point, however that will likely be quite sometime in the future.

When/if they do, I would hope it be totally separate from the regular game, basically like practice PVP is now.

I would not want there to be any pvp areas in the PVE game, just ways of porting to PVP areas to pursue that activity if desired.

I played a pirate mmo in the past where ship PVP areas mingled with PVE, and PVPers would mercilessly pick on PVE'rs that had to travel close to do their PVE tasks. Couldnt stand that, as the PVP people were mean, getting their enjoyment out of making PVE players miserable. Rather pitiful.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
May 16, 2011
that is a fabulous idea and i think that KingsIsle should do it. It would be similar to POTCO (Pirate of the Carribean Online) but with more powers. you also would need that skyway to be set somewhere where a person doesnt just enter by accident and get shot down by other people. it needs to have a sigil, then you choose your ship, and have at it.

Community Leader
The Axenos Obliter... on Apr 19, 2013 wrote:
that is a fabulous idea and i think that KingsIsle should do it. It would be similar to POTCO (Pirate of the Carribean Online) but with more powers. you also would need that skyway to be set somewhere where a person doesnt just enter by accident and get shot down by other people. it needs to have a sigil, then you choose your ship, and have at it.
I hope they do not implement ANYTHING similar to POTCO. I left that game to start playing KingsIsle games a few years ago for a reason! ;)

As long as its 100% separated from the PVE, I dont really mind at all how they implement it.
Just dont want PVP intermingled with PVE play. KI games already tend to develop a divide in the community over these subjects, intermingling them would make this worse IMO.

If the PVP side of the game starts dictating how the overall game progresses, i'll have to move on to another game. Just dont know that there is another game with the same charm that KI PVe games provides.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
I love the idea of pvp in the skyway broadside combat is so much fun! but I don't like the idea of getting boarded maybe they can have a broadside only area where you cant get boarded and one where you can board or be boarded.

Hear is different a thought: What if we could also race our ships in courses(like the pet races in Wizard101) Or perhaps some thing more fitting for a Pirate. Yar! How about a race to smuggle 10 weapons and 10 barrels of Yum from point A to point B. While on this course we would have to collect treasure along the way and try to stop the other ships from collecting and finishing before you. We would race along collecting the items and maybe some special boost or powers. These special powers can be use to attack opponents causing them to loose their smuggled items and/or collected treasure or others to slow them down. Winner would be determined by who has the most smuggled items left in the shortest amount of time. . . Any thoughts on this??

Dylan level 50 Musketeer

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
why not have ship PvP I mean way not battle your friends in the skyways

Captain
May 13, 2011
you should reply on one of the ship pvp threads instead of making your own. this only has 2 lists of active threads