Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

World Gate?? PLEASE??!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 01, 2012
O.k., firstly I have to admit I've not logged into Wizard101 since I started playing Pirate101. The game is addictive. But, although the idea of flying the skyways was indeed novel and kind of cool to begin with, it has now just become so monotonous and time-consuming that I want to pull my hair out. I don't mind flying around each of the skyways but the mind-numbing stretches between skyways is really a bit much. Could there not have been world gates to move between the skyways instead of the interminable flying? It has actually started turning me off from playing the game. I spend more time trying to get to the location of each quest than I actually spend doing the quests!!

Ensign
Jul 25, 2011
Ensign
May 17, 2011
famlyslave on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
O.k., firstly I have to admit I've not logged into Wizard101 since I started playing Pirate101. The game is addictive. But, although the idea of flying the skyways was indeed novel and kind of cool to begin with, it has now just become so monotonous and time-consuming that I want to pull my hair out. I don't mind flying around each of the skyways but the mind-numbing stretches between skyways is really a bit much. Could there not have been world gates to move between the skyways instead of the interminable flying? It has actually started turning me off from playing the game. I spend more time trying to get to the location of each quest than I actually spend doing the quests!!
Agreed. I often feel like I should just teleport to skull island and play minigames instead of questing in another world because it takes so so long to travel. I'm thinking that the world gate should be a very large room made completely out of the light of the spiral with mythical beats running around and doors that lead to worlds. Some walking required, but no tedious rides on your ship.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
I like how the storm gates are, and seeing the spiral like it is, but your right about 1 thing, the travel time between the worlds is a little long for my tastes, maybe they can shorten the distance a bit, but still keep it the way it is for traveling the spiral like that.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
The whole point of being a pirate is to sail the Stormy AirWays. What good is a pirate without a ship and sailing? We are not Wizards.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2010
How about putting world gates at houses? It would definitely make houses more popular and valuable.

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
Idea !

A quest that allows us to find and aquire a said interactive map on a table in our captains cabin we can port to said storm gates that we have access too.

Tab run to captains door zone in run to table interact with map on table that show's locales we have discoverd and can port to the said storm gate entrances. One should still have to enter for the first time the traveled path however, once it is found this would make for shorter and more efficient travel/questing .. just my idea !

Ensign
Aug 01, 2010
if we only had a world gates why call this pirate101. it would be wizard101 but with different combat and skills. ship sailing takes place of having to go from point a to point b like in zafaria in wazard101. they want a new different experience like in w101 all you do is one kind of combat. in p101 there are TWO.i agree it can be annoying but it is a lot more awesome than having just a mount. Also my last thing to say is it is a lot better to have a idea what it looks like when transferring from world to world. if you don't like this game because of that there is nothing i can do. t is just new if they kept everything he same there would just be a single game called 101

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
My only real issue with this is the boring long pointless journey on the...spiralways? When we go through a stormgate, I like the idea of the spiralways as opposed to just immediately popping out of the stormgate in the new world...but the length of the trip is far too long, and there's nothing there to do other than sit on the windlane/starlane until you eventually get to the next gate (I know there are jellyfish etc, but there isn't even any point to fighting them - No quest, no badge that I'm aware of, no "special" or "unique" loot only aquirable there.).

Really dull, and I do anything I can to avoid spiralway trips.

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
I think if they just doubled ship speed between worlds it would be no problem at all.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2010
I have to agree that travel while entertaining at first becomes dull quickly. Couple of suggestions.

1. Increase ship speed.
2. Take the Eve Online approach and automate the travel to a degree.
3. Have the Boost warp you to your destination. Makes it a ton more useful then its current mediocre spot.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Houses should have functional world gate portals already. My houses have a portal but it doesn't even take you back to where you ported to your house from.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
seasnake on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
Houses should have functional world gate portals already. My houses have a portal but it doesn't even take you back to where you ported to your house from.
Really? I've not found anything resembling a portal, unless one needs to get on one's ship and sail away from the house? Which houses do you have, and where are the portals about which you're talking?