Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers get... Nothing?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 08, 2013
Swashbucklers got ripped off this update, assassin's stride is only one use- what use is it for PvP or in gameplay in general? I feel like the new gear Kane drops for bucklers is totally useless. Every other class got something good and we've waited 3 years for a 5 level update, why doesn't every class equally get cool moves?

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
I would beg to differ, musketeers did not even get a power on their gear at all, they got true grit and quick adjust which are both existing prior to the update, at least swash got something new.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Ever heard of a little group of people called musketeers? Probably not because there is about 5 of us left, but we got ripped off too, but I digress. Any who, I believe the reason SB's got "ripped off" is because of the 200+ posts that were complaining, and please don't tell me you have no clue what I am talking about. I still don't think bucklers will be dead and forgotten in wake of privy and witches, but I think you guys may start hovering around the 2/3 mark, tied with buccaneer. So stay optimistic, you are still better than musketeers.

Now you know how everybody else felt for 3 years,
Matthew Walker

Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
If you actually farmed the Tower of Moo Manchu, then you would get gear that gives Assassin's Strike. Also the update is fine for Bucklers. We're too overpowered anyway.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Where did all the strong people go?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Jasmine the Wizard on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
If you actually farmed the Tower of Moo Manchu, then you would get gear that gives Assassin's Strike. Also the update is fine for Bucklers. We're too overpowered anyway.
Yeah I use assassin's strike all the time especially with fog, which makes it lower most enemies' health to half instantly. And that's when you don't get a critical hit whole using it, hehehe...

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
swashbuckler347 on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
Swashbucklers got ripped off this update, assassin's stride is only one use- what use is it for PvP or in gameplay in general? I feel like the new gear Kane drops for bucklers is totally useless. Every other class got something good and we've waited 3 years for a 5 level update, why doesn't every class equally get cool moves?
Riposte 3 and trap immune is too little? At least you guys didn't get a useless move like "The Reaper" or double tap 3 and quick draw 3.

Just think of how op both of those moves are, Riposte 3 increases your dodge by 15 each time you riposte which is a significant amount.

Trap Sense 2 has a chance for you to be trap immune, that's MAJOR when fighting musketeers.

Let's compare this to what Buc and musk got

TTT 3, very useful but bucs could've easily gotten it with pets or the Dragon Axe of Doom.

"The Reaper", pushes back enemies and does very little damage, basically the swashbuckler gambit of steel except with a push.

Quick draw 3, 25% more damage and detects sneak attacks, helpful in musk vs musk but that's really the only use whereas Riposte can be used vs bucs, swashbucklers and privy

Double Tap 3, useful against musketeers or musketeer companions so they don't quick draw but doesn't help against melee companions or witchdoctors

Lvl 70
Lvl 65
Lvl 27
Lvl 8

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, every class can whine and wring their hands, then point out that this class or the other got something better.
Both my Musketeer and Swashbuckler are more than satisfied with what we have, plus you can train an extra talent or power with that training point we get at level 70, or have you forgotten that?

Ensign
May 26, 2011
HoodooNerd on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
Ever heard of a little group of people called musketeers? Probably not because there is about 5 of us left, but we got ripped off too, but I digress. Any who, I believe the reason SB's got "ripped off" is because of the 200+ posts that were complaining, and please don't tell me you have no clue what I am talking about. I still don't think bucklers will be dead and forgotten in wake of privy and witches, but I think you guys may start hovering around the 2/3 mark, tied with buccaneer. So stay optimistic, you are still better than musketeers.

Now you know how everybody else felt for 3 years,
Matthew Walker
Ok, hey! Every class is equally good as the others. Yeah, I'm a swashbuckler, but the first thing I noticed about the powers was that BOTH musketeers and swashbucklers are lacking in new powers. I don't actually understand whatever this "200+ posts" thing is, but if those were against us 'bucklers, then yes, I agree with not promoting us.
Pirate101 is a game most enjoyed fair. If my class was overpowered, then we should have been held back so that the other classes could catch up. I don't know why musketeers were as well, but I doubt it's because they're worthless. I've often found that my musketeer companions are frequently better than my other class companions in many of the high level boss battles.
What I don't agree with about this post, is the attitude to ALL of us 'bucklers. Ok, so one 'buckler upset you. That's fine, you are perfectly within your rights to feel upset/offended. But I did nothing. My Dad, (who yeah, also plays Pirate101, and is also a swashbuckler) did nothing. My friends, who are swashbucklers, did nothing. So now you've just offended a bunch more of us PIRATES, and the circle just continues.
So please, just try to keep the individuals vs. the group in mind.

~ Virtuous Melody Nightengale
Avernus Daredevil

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
swashbuckler347 on Jun 17, 2016 wrote:
"Swashbucklers got ripped off this update...."
It's only a rip-off if something was promised and not delivered.
"...assassin's stride is only one use..."
Same as Sato's Dark Rain Shades with Shadowstep.
"...what use is it for PVP or gameplay in general?"
Use your imagination. I can think of at least two ways to use it. I hope I get it from Kane.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
anecorbie on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
Yes, every class can whine and wring their hands, then point out that this class or the other got something better.
Both my Musketeer and Swashbuckler are more than satisfied with what we have, plus you can train an extra talent or power with that training point we get at level 70, or have you forgotten that?
Yes, I feel the same way. I'm satisfied with what musketeer and swashbuckler got. With musketeer being able to get Double Tap 3, Quick Draw 3 and Quick Adjust 3 + True Grit 3 with gear. And with Swashbuckler having the chance to go trap immune and having Riposte 3 (one of my favorite rank 3 epics). And to top it all off, my swashbuckler finally got to learn spooky 2 with the extra practice point

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As for myself I would take a good talent ( repeated use per round ) over a one use power card, however powerful that card is.