Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it worth playing?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
I last played this game in 2012 right after launch, and quit in cool ranch. Is it worth it to play again? I hear people say its been 2 years since the last world released, and it seems like it's not getting anymore updates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Leicrex on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
I last played this game in 2012 right after launch, and quit in cool ranch. Is it worth it to play again? I hear people say its been 2 years since the last world released, and it seems like it's not getting anymore updates.
Welcome to the message boards, Dark Valentine!
You haven't played since 2012? There HAVE been updates, but they're the "improved game play" type of updates. Also, you've missed the inclusion of the worlds of Marleybone and Aquila!
Advanced Pets - now pets have talents and powers that enable them to be useful in battle, some even have powers they can give YOU!
Advanced Companions - send those companions that you don't like to get gear, gold or pet gear/snacks for you!
Expanded Blood Shoals quests with new areas - Xol Akmul & Devilfish Hollow
The Tower of Moo Manchu ( gauntlet ) - best gear/weapons drops in the game.
The Black Market and introduction of SCRIP
New Housing Gauntlet - the Smuggler's Arena ( do you have what it takes to survive 10 grueling battles? ) scrip rewards
The Pirate's Regatta - a gauntlet for the ship experienced captain ( 10 waves of ships attacking you ) scrip rewards
Ranked PVP - scrip rewards and Champion weapons
Ship cabins and companions as house items
and much more!
Also we've been receiving hints of new update possibly coming soon......

Commodore
May 31, 2009
We haven't had a storyline update in several years, but in my own opinion, I don't think it's worth quitting yet. Yes, I'm mildly frustrated at the lack of new content, but I'm more than happy to quest my other pirates.

If you quit in Cool Ranch, there is a lot of story you didn't get to see. If you're a paying member again, I'd level up your pirate. MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila are amazing; you will enjoy questing through them even though they're a bit difficult.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Have faith, Dark Valentine! An update is soon to come. And once you've been through Aquila, believe me, Pirate101 will totally be worth your while! REALLY hope to see ye in the Spiral!

Cruel Connor Bowman,
and
Wicked Aaron Brewster,

Ensign
Jun 17, 2009
Honestly, I'd say no. Granted, people that play this MMO, for some reason, seem to be a lot more lenient about not receiving content for 2+ years.

The game is relatively the same. The level cap was increased 5 levels, and they've added 1 content update since the game has launched; which isn't very good.

This game is thrown on the backburner compared to it's "brother" Wizard101, which receive constant updates, crown shop items, bundles, etc.

All in all, this game isn't horrible; but it gets really old really fast if there's nothing new to do. But, so is that with any game.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
We haven't had a storyline update in several years, but in my own opinion, I don't think it's worth quitting yet. Yes, I'm mildly frustrated at the lack of new content, but I'm more than happy to quest my other pirates.

If you quit in Cool Ranch, there is a lot of story you didn't get to see. If you're a paying member again, I'd level up your pirate. MooShu, Marleybone, and Aquila are amazing; you will enjoy questing through them even though they're a bit difficult.
These things aren't easy Misty, they need time to make the part of the storyline, new companions loads of quests, companions quests, clothing, ships, enemies, the map(s), npcs, and other things.

It's really not the easiest thing in the world.

I'm sure it wont be longer. Gotta have patience. Go to Cool Ranch and listen to the amazing music. I love the Cool Ranch music.