Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Double tap on a melee pet?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So my lower level privateer has recently trained up a festive sky snake and I have gotten the grant double tap off of it, would this act the same way as blade storm? Or is there information I'm unaware of?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
So my lower level privateer has recently trained up a festive sky snake and I have gotten the grant double tap off of it, would this act the same way as blade storm? Or is there information I'm unaware of?
Double Tap is like Bladestorm for musketeers.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Double Tap is like Bladestorm for musketeers.
Yes I do know what I am asking is that wether my pet would make a ranged attack or not if double tap were to activate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Yes I do know what I am asking is that wether my pet would make a ranged attack or not if double tap were to activate
You stated that this is a grant for you by this pet, so the answer is: no, your pet will not double tap. And neither will you unless you have a shooty weapon equipped.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Are you saying this pet would give me double tap if I had it equiped?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
Are you saying this pet would give me double tap if I had it equiped?
If it says "Grants Double Tap" then, yes. ( with a shooty weapon. ) If you are using a shooty staffy, then I think either Mojo Echo or Double Tap may occur, but I'm not entirely sure.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
One addendum: if the pet (or anything) grants you Double tap, Overwatch, Burst Fire, etc., you not only have to have a shooty weapon, but that weapon needs to list a range (2+). Shooty/whatever weapons with no range cannot take advantage of these talents, I don't think (possibly if you were adjacent to your target, but I don't think even then).

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
One addendum: if the pet (or anything) grants you Double tap, Overwatch, Burst Fire, etc., you not only have to have a shooty weapon, but that weapon needs to list a range (2+). Shooty/whatever weapons with no range cannot take advantage of these talents, I don't think (possibly if you were adjacent to your target, but I don't think even then).

-Indigo
I believe Overwatch requires range, but Burst Fire (and Double Tap I'd imagine) work as long as you're in melee range and using a melee combo weapon. I don't believe that Relentless/Bladestorm work for a ranged combo though.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Ok this is going to be really embarrassing when I say this but

I never knew lets could grant epics! I have a pet that grants flanking and first strike 2! I never used it because I thought the pet woukd have the powers but I am handing that over to my privateer today!, my snake grants double tap so it will go to my musketeer, thx for your help your advice helped me solve this