Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateers in Ranked

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 18, 2015
After doing some runs in Ranked PVP (currently a Hero at 269), I have come to the realization that Privateers are not that horrible. When played correctly, our class can defeat the companions of other classes and weaken their captains. However, it is pretty obvious the Privateer captain is pathetic alone. I understand that we Privys are not meant for individual combat, but I would still like to see our class get some more epics. While Repel Boarders 3 and Second Chance 3 sound great, our class would still lack the offensive power other classes possess. Maybe we could receive Follow Through 3 (although I have my doubts that this would be implemented) or some other unique trait, such as something that mirrors Rooke's Overprotective or Castle, that allows us to have a little more force in combat.
If epics are out of the question, new offensive powers could also beef up the Privateer captain. Possibly a pseudo-Vicious Charge that reduces dodgy and/or weapon power or an ability that ignores the protection buffs of another player...?

Developer