Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions' Revival Times

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 04, 2010
I'd like to start with where I am in the game: Cool Ranch, level twenties. Great gameplay, but there is an extreme issue with progression: companions.

Companions are crucial to your pirate's adventures and assist you in combat. However, when they die, depending on level, they take time to return and be able to fight. Skull Island isn't so bad; only a few minutes at a time. Cool Ranch, however, can take anywhere from half an hour to an hour. My friend in Aquila had their companions taking insane amounts of hours (six, I think she mentioned). If you don't quest with anybody, or don't have a questing partner, the game becomes infinitely more difficult. I myself have had too many scenarios where I lose a boss fight and leave to do something else solely because I have to wait on companions. This is also an issue because the low amount of earned training points (and money to buy training points) leads to perhaps three members being competently leveled and used regularly. With this in mind in a battle, I prefer the defeat of my character as opposed to a companion because I don't want to have to wait on Gaspard de Vole or the Toreador. From what I've experienced in years past and what I've heard, you could once heal companions at life fountains. I would like to beg for this feature's return. Waiting forever for companions to revive is absolutely CRIPPLING to a new player like me. I know you want to encourage purchases of crowns and such, but a lack of ways to get companions back while on the road/in a town/in Cool Ranch has halted progress so many times that I have even considered quitting.

My only plea would be to either reduce wait times or allow the use of mojo potions or life fountains to heal/revive companions. This would make losing companions much more bearable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Katie Emeraldcatch... on Jun 20, 2015 wrote:
I'd like to start with where I am in the game: Cool Ranch, level twenties. Great gameplay, but there is an extreme issue with progression: companions.

Companions are crucial to your pirate's adventures and assist you in combat. However, when they die, depending on level, they take time to return and be able to fight. Skull Island isn't so bad; only a few minutes at a time. Cool Ranch, however, can take anywhere from half an hour to an hour. My friend in Aquila had their companions taking insane amounts of hours (six, I think she mentioned). If you don't quest with anybody, or don't have a questing partner, the game becomes infinitely more difficult. I myself have had too many scenarios where I lose a boss fight and leave to do something else solely because I have to wait on companions. This is also an issue because the low amount of earned training points (and money to buy training points) leads to perhaps three members being competently leveled and used regularly. With this in mind in a battle, I prefer the defeat of my character as opposed to a companion because I don't want to have to wait on Gaspard de Vole or the Toreador. From what I've experienced in years past and what I've heard, you could once heal companions at life fountains. I would like to beg for this feature's return. Waiting forever for companions to revive is absolutely CRIPPLING to a new player like me. I know you want to encourage purchases of crowns and such, but a lack of ways to get companions back while on the road/in a town/in Cool Ranch has halted progress so many times that I have even considered quitting.

My only plea would be to either reduce wait times or allow the use of mojo potions or life fountains to heal/revive companions. This would make losing companions much more bearable.
As to training points and tomes being rare/expensive: are you actually using the advanced companion tasking to your advantage? Brawlin' ( although in small amounts ) does add up and can help moderate level companions keep pace. Whenever I recruited a new companion, he/she immediately went on Keelhaulin' duty ( even one tome per 24 hours is useful ).
Are you actively searching areas for hidden tomes? Whenever I was in a new area I did a search. Look behind buildings, trees, etc. for these elusive items.
Do all side quests that offer a tome as a reward.
Consider training a few favorites in Scrapper, yeah, I know, most players say this reduces their abilities. BUT if a main stat is unavailable ( for example Tough for Ratbeard or Dodge for Sarah Steele ), why not give them something that returns them to you quicker?
Crowns play no part in the revival of companions, so I don't understand how you think this was implemented to generate crowns purchases.
Allowing a life fountain or mojo potion to revive a companion would return us to the old days of using companions as 'meat shields' with no consequence to poor strategy/mistakes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I forgot to welcome you to the Message Boards, Katie! So welcome and I hope you post many more times.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I keep hearing certain players lament the amount of time it takes for companions to heal. I disagree, for several reasons:

1) You have six pirate slots. If one has their companions injured so they need bed rest, let them have their bed rest and go to another pirate.

2) All too often this is due to companions being 3-10 levels behind the pirate. Utilize Keel Haulin' and Brawlin' to get them up higher. They will be far less likely to be defeated in battle.

3) Learn how to use your buffs so your companions take less damage. All to often I see players ignore their pirate's ability to improve their companions fighting ability going straight to hand to hand combat.

4) By the time you get to Cool Ranch you have at least eight companions. If one gets injured, you still have seven you can use. Learn to use them.

5) You can always flee a battle if it is too tough. Don't be afraid to do so, and live to fight another day.

6) Maybe having your companions needing six hours of bed rest is the internet's way of telling you to go do something else for a while. To call six hours of bed rest an insane amount of time says you don't get enough sleep.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
There is a mobile game called Clash of Clans. I'm sure you have heard of it. In the game you have to wait very long amounts of time. I'm talking days here. Even weeks. If those people can wait that long then I'm sure you can wait an hour. Try to use all your companions. Use all your powers to protect your companions. Develop a better way of fighting.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
I keep hearing certain players lament the amount of time it takes for companions to heal. I disagree, for several reasons:

1) You have six pirate slots. If one has their companions injured so they need bed rest, let them have their bed rest and go to another pirate.

2) All too often this is due to companions being 3-10 levels behind the pirate. Utilize Keel Haulin' and Brawlin' to get them up higher. They will be far less likely to be defeated in battle.

3) Learn how to use your buffs so your companions take less damage. All to often I see players ignore their pirate's ability to improve their companions fighting ability going straight to hand to hand combat.

4) By the time you get to Cool Ranch you have at least eight companions. If one gets injured, you still have seven you can use. Learn to use them.

5) You can always flee a battle if it is too tough. Don't be afraid to do so, and live to fight another day.

6) Maybe having your companions needing six hours of bed rest is the internet's way of telling you to go do something else for a while. To call six hours of bed rest an insane amount of time says you don't get enough sleep.
This is completely right except for the 5th one. Fleeing the battle may result you loosing the companions that you are using in the battle.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Yes, waiting for a companion's revive time is such a pain, but there is a way to get around this. Go to the Miracle Shack in Skull Island (it's right next to Swashbuckler's hall) and talk to Miracle Mitch inside. You can revive companions there (costing gold of course). However, the higher a companion's level, the more gold it costs to revive that companion. Hope this helps.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
This is completely right except for the 5th one. Fleeing the battle may result you loosing the companions that you are using in the battle.
Can anyone verify this? I have never, ever, experienced this. If my companion has not yet been defeated, I have never seen them needing bed rest when I flee.