Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Wranglin Egg Finds - What has hatched for you?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
A lot of people are trying to hatch hybrids and such, but what I want to know is what different kinds of eggs and pets have you gotten through the Pet Wranglin' companion job? So far my list is as follows:

4 Hoppy Eggs - White-tailed Jackelopes
1 Toothy Egg - Not so Great White
2 Whiskered Eggs - Imperial Lions
2 Mysterious Eggs - Inky Octopi
1 Shelled Egg - Tawny Sky Turtle
1 (Mysterious?) Egg - Mini-Minotaur Didn't note the name of this egg fast enough

These have been culled from all five of my pirates and are in no particular order.

So - you guys Wranglin' anything different?

Community Leader
Wow lucky. I only got ONE pet and it was an Imperial Lion. Why am I having horrendous luck with Pet Wrangling and catching new pets?

PS: Yes Mini Minotaurs comes from Mysterious Eggs.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Wow lucky. I only got ONE pet and it was an Imperial Lion. Why am I having horrendous luck with Pet Wrangling and catching new pets?

Depending on where in the game you are, you have a different number of companions open for hunting, and I think their level affects what they give you too. I am up to the Magnificent 7 and have not gotten one, but maybe when I get to MooShu...
Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 33? 34? Doesn't really matter

Ensign
Sep 28, 2012

Thanks for the info.

Maybe to help you guys out here is a little bit more info about my pirates.

Privateer is max level, progressed all the way to the end of Aquila and is waiting on the next book.

Musketeer, Witchdoctor, and Buccaneer are all level 64 parked at the beginning quests of Aquila.

Swashbucker is working his way through Marleybone at the moment and is my active pirate at the moment.

Trying to maximize my time/effort for all my pirates, I get into a routine of cycling through all my pirates and their companions each time I log on. Half of the companions are usually doing the Brawling job to gain levels while the rest I assign the Pet Wranglin job. For most of my pirates this usually comes out to a fifty-fifty split as to who is doing what job. And I usually log on at least twice a day - once in morning and once after I get home from work. Vast majority of the jobs are done by the time I log in.

Plus I don't know if its lucky or not.. I keep running out of energy most of the time trying to train all the new ones plus all the old ones.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

You make me feel better, Kelsey. My husband seems to get plenty of eggs, while I have a whole 2 to show for all my wrangling.

Probably not a fair assessment, but it is frustrating. Hope you have better luck soon!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have received a shelled egg - tawny sky turtle and a pinching egg - coconut crawlie. both characters are at max level.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It sometimes comes in waves (random results do that) I had found three eggs through wranglin' before my wife found any. But now she is at five eggs found and I am still at three.

Incidentally, she found a mysterious egg that hatched a minotaur.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
I've received a few eggs.

Mysterious Egg - Mini-Minotaur
Pinching Egg - Coconut Crawlie
Slimy Egg - Violet Bubblefish
Toothy Egg - Not so Great White Shark
Furry Egg - Silver Buffaloon

All seem to be pets that are gotten via the Crown Shop or (In my opinion) nautical/Skull Island-ish.

Community Leader
Btw, my pirates are ALL maxed and finished Aquila. And by now I've gotten three eggs. One was an Imperial Lion. The other two were Ice Scarabs.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I have gotten one Ebon Spectre. It seems like there are a lot of pets to be found. Maybe almost all pets are found through wrangling!

Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
Wrangled up another Mini-Minotaur, snagged a pair of Pinching Eggs with Coconut Crawlies in them, and also got a Scaled Egg with an Orchid Chameleon.

On a side note, thanks to Kelsey and hatching partner for finding formula to the Grimtooth reaver. Mine is growing quite quickly. Congrats on the second find of the Tigershark as well. Keep up the hard work.

Ensign
Mar 19, 2014
What!? How do you guys do this? I've been setting my companions for pet rangaling and I've only got gear and snacks. :(

Help please.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeseyWolf828 on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
What!? How do you guys do this? I've been setting my companions for pet rangaling and I've only got gear and snacks. :(

Help please.
We don't DO anything. It's pure chance. I have only had my companions bring back maybe 2 eggs since this went live. I had much more in test but I think the odds were lowered a bit.

Community Leader

Help please.
It takes quite a while to get an egg. It's all about luck. I get one egg per week it seems like and I have horrible luck.

PS: Got a fourth egg the other day and it was a Silver Buffaloon!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I just got a whiskered egg, so far I only got the Imperial Lion from Pet Wrangling

Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
Kelsey is right. It is mainly luck that we get them. Don't get discouraged or give up man. Keep going and you will find some eventually. The RNG(random number generator) gods will smile on you at some point in time.

If you are really in need for a new pet, try farming some bosses for drops. Or hit up the morphing tent and find someone who has a pet you like and try to morph one like it.

Besides it isn't all its cracked up to be having all these pets - I keep running out of energy and snacks to train them all

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Pokopolypse on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Depending on where in the game you are, you have a different number of companions open for hunting, and I think their level affects what they give you too. I am up to the Magnificent 7 and have not gotten one, but maybe when I get to MooShu...
Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 33? 34? Doesn't really matter
I don't believe it has anything to do with levels although I am sure your chances increase the more companions you have.

This is how I do it.

On my first account I have four lvl 65, one 51, & one 23. On all of them I send EVERY ONE of their companions (except 1st Mate cause you can't) to pet wrangle unless I'm going to quest then I belay the orders so I have my first 3 free.

On my second account I do the same. Those 5 pirates are levels 10-41. I am also listing how many of each Natural (NC) & Bought (BC) Companion from Crown Shop, Cards, Packs, or Contests are Wranglin'.

So far I've gotten:

1st Account
Inky Octopus (Mysterious) & Ebon Spectre (Ethereal) on lvl 65 Bucc-26 NC & 5 BC
Inky Octopus on lvl 65 Swash-30 NC & 3 BC
Violet Bubblefish (Slimy) & Orchid Chameleon (Scaled) on my 65 Witch-28 NC & 2 BC
Ice Scarab (Pinching) & Imperial Lion (Whiskered) on lvl 65 Musk-24 NC & 3 BC
Ice Scarab & Mini Minotaur (Mysterious) on lvl 51 Priv-25 NC & 2 BC
Coconut Crawlie (Pinching) & 2 Silver Buffaloons (Furry) on my lvl 23 Witch-10 NC & 4 BC

2nd Account
Imperial Lion (Whiskered) & Not So Great White Shark (Toothy) on lvl 41 Musk-16 NC & 3 BC
Nothing yet on lvl 23 Priv-10 NC & 0 BC
Nothing on lvl 21 Swash-11 NC & 0 BC
Nothing on lvl 19 Bucc-9 NC & 2 BC
Imperial Lion on lvl 10 Witch-4 NC (the other 3 are still only lvl 5 comps :P ) & 0 BC

I haven't really seen any specific pattern to certain pirates or even individual companions who are doing better at Pet Wranglin' than others.

Right now I'm just enjoying the simplicity of the training and "farming" for pets ROFL :P

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Help please.
It's completely random, keep trying!

Ensign
Mar 19, 2014
Oh no! I'm not very lucky, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks anyway!

Ensign
Jun 10, 2014
ShamanBond on May 26, 2014 wrote:
A lot of people are trying to hatch hybrids and such, but what I want to know is what different kinds of eggs and pets have you gotten through the Pet Wranglin' companion job? So far my list is as follows:

4 Hoppy Eggs - White-tailed Jackelopes
1 Toothy Egg - Not so Great White
2 Whiskered Eggs - Imperial Lions
2 Mysterious Eggs - Inky Octopi
1 Shelled Egg - Tawny Sky Turtle
1 (Mysterious?) Egg - Mini-Minotaur Didn't note the name of this egg fast enough

These have been culled from all five of my pirates and are in no particular order.

So - you guys Wranglin' anything different?
I've gotten a dinolizard from a feathered egg 2 orchid chameleons from a scaled egg a quackasaur from a feathered egg i'm Ruthless Hunter Stevenson a lever 03 swashbuckler if you see me say hi

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I'm dividing my companions between Pet Wranglin' and Sailin', and I haven't found any pet eggs yet. I'll keep trying, and I'm hoping for a Mini-Minotaur!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Ethereal Egg- Ebon Spectre

Ensign
Dec 17, 2012
I haven't gotten an egg and i've been telling ALL my companions to go pet wrangling for me since level 20. I am now level 64. Is it due to my bad luck?!? Or is there something else...

I don't know if I just leveled up really fast over a 2 weeks. I have no idea if this is normal or not either.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Interesting topic. *pulls out wordpad with all the facts since advanced pets hit live*

Going to just list current levels of my pirates. I send out ALL companions pet wrangling often as I can except for whichever pirate I feel like playing.

lv65 Swashbuckler's companions have found: toothy egg - not so great white shark; slimy egg - violet bubblefish; ethereal egg - ebon spectre; 2x mysterious egg - mini minotaur; pinching egg - coconut crawlie.

lv26 Privateer's companions have found: 3x mysterious egg - inky octopus, pinching egg - ice scarab, scaled egg - orchid chameleon; slimy egg - violet bubblefish; furry egg - silver buffaloon; pinching egg - coconut crawlie.

lv15 Muskateer's companions have found: 3x scaled egg - orchid chameleon; slimy egg - violet bubblefish; whiskered egg - imperial lion; pinching egg - coconut crawlie; toothy egg - not so great white shark.

lv15 Buccaneer's companions have found: scaled egg - orchid chameleon; slimy egg - violet bubblefish; pinching egg - ice scarab; pinching egg - coconut crawlie; mysterious egg - inky octopus.

lv11 Witchdoctor's companions have found: mysterious egg - inky octopus; furry egg - silver buffaloon.

The witchdoctor is a new character so the others had a head start. I really don't think it matters on the level of the pirate for the chance of finding a pet, other than high level simply has more companions. And now you know why I haven't been actively morphing, I have more than I can train now! Think I am going to try morphing same breed to start with to refine the talents for awesome parent stock.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
So far I've only gotten two:

Mysterious Egg - Mini-Minotaur
Pinching Egg - Coconut Craw

Both on my max level character. On this character I do nothing by pet wrangling (giving orders about twice a day) as I'm currently waiting for the next world before playing him again. My other lower level characters havn't had any luck yet.