Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Backstory-less Companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2012
I've noticed that a lot of companions we get that actually have a promo quest we no next to nothing about their pasts. Louis leBisque, Dead Mike, Barnabus, Birgus Latro, and many others, all we do know is that some sailed with our parents or their places of birth. I am curious to know if anyone thinks we will experience their pasts like we did with Bonnie and Ratbeard. Will it fall in line with the main story or will it be a promo quest, or do you think we'll ever get to know their pasts at all?!

--Davy Jones

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Davy Jones on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of companions we get that actually have a promo quest we no next to nothing about their pasts. Louis leBisque, Dead Mike, Barnabus, Birgus Latro, and many others, all we do know is that some sailed with our parents or their places of birth. I am curious to know if anyone thinks we will experience their pasts like we did with Bonnie and Ratbeard. Will it fall in line with the main story or will it be a promo quest, or do you think we'll ever get to know their pasts at all?!

--Davy Jones
One of Dead Mike's promotions, he confronts one of the muntineers responsible for your parents death. Birgus first promo is a treasure hunt for gold your parents left behind. Gaspard's promo ( first one, I think ) involves finding out what happened to his first captain.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Now that be a great question mate, I've been very curious about that me self hope we'll get to see that in the next world.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
May 01, 2012
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
One of Dead Mike's promotions, he confronts one of the muntineers responsible for your parents death. Birgus first promo is a treasure hunt for gold your parents left behind. Gaspard's promo ( first one, I think ) involves finding out what happened to his first captain.
True you are involved in their pasts but you don't learn anything about the actual character, well except maybe Gaspard. Dead Mike is avenging your parents but that has little to do with HIS past, more with ours and our parents, I mean what did he do before all this, he surely had more to life than just the mutiny. Birgus falls into the same thing, it involves a thing from his past but doesn't really discuss it.