Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming is Questionable

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
Pirate101 staff, I wanted to ask ye about farming.

1. Does whether you get the item depend on where the enemy who drops the item was defeated?

2. Does the captain (in this case us) or a certain companion have to defeat the enemy?

3. Is there like an 85% we'll actually get the item?

These are just some of my questions

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I am not part of the KI staff but this is what I understand and have observed.

1. The location does not seem to matter.

2. The enemy just needs to be defeated unless it is specified in the Quest Journal that a certain Companion or the Captain needs to defeat the enemy.

3. I've heard of people farming certain bosses for a week or more to get a specific item. It all seems to depend on the Drop Gods. I've heard that praying to them or begging might work. I've also heard that if you rub your stomach and pat your head at the same time helps. I have no personal knowledge of which works better.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
1Of1Musketeer on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:

1. Does whether you get the item depend on where the enemy who drops the item was defeated?

2. Does the captain (in this case us) or a certain companion have to defeat the enemy?

1. I don't believe killing in specific ways will make things drop better
2. same
3. Depends on what item you want to drop

Also if I remember right Ratbeard said one way to "boost your chances" of getting a desired drop (Although it might have been OEJ?)

Basically right as the battle ends pat your head a couple times then rub your stomach in real life. You may boost your luck in some way (or it will be a coincidence that it drops then. Going with coincidence)

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009

1. The location of enemies does not matter.
2. Again, does not matter.
3. Drops are randomly given based on an RNG of sorts from all the items the enemy unit can drop,

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010

I think I can answer these.

1. Are we talking about mobs or bosses? If mobs, then some items are dropped only by a specific tier of mob. If boss, then the boss, in theory, should stay in one place, so no.
2. No. The enemy simply has to be defeated.
3. The actual percentage, I believe, is much, much less.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
SlightlyMadWizard on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I am not part of the KI staff but this is what I understand and have observed.

1. The location does not seem to matter.

2. The enemy just needs to be defeated unless it is specified in the Quest Journal that a certain Companion or the Captain needs to defeat the enemy.

3. I've heard of people farming certain bosses for a week or more to get a specific item. It all seems to depend on the Drop Gods. I've heard that praying to them or begging might work. I've also heard that if you rub your stomach and pat your head at the same time helps. I have no personal knowledge of which works better.
Well, that right there is my problem then! I have been rubbing my head and patting my stomach THIS WHOLE TIME Look out Hykssoss Falchion- here I come!

(Wait, does it matter which hand does which?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Well, that right there is my problem then! I have been rubbing my head and patting my stomach THIS WHOLE TIME Look out Hykssoss Falchion- here I come!

(Wait, does it matter which hand does which?)
Well considering the whole idea came from Ratbeard and he has to factor in his left hook That might factor in your decision.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Well considering the whole idea came from Ratbeard and he has to factor in his left hook That might factor in your decision.
Ooh, great point (literally and pun totally intended). A hook on either would not seem like too much fun. Although I do enjoy a good head scratchin'. Hook...um, left to the head it is!!!

Community Leader
Seems the question has been answered, however I will add one more tidbit.

In many cases, the more pirates you are farming with, the more NPCs you get to battle, the more reward chests at the end of the battle, and in many cases because of that... A better chance of getting the drop your after.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Dr Zeppers on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Seems the question has been answered, however I will add one more tidbit.

In many cases, the more pirates you are farming with, the more NPCs you get to battle, the more reward chests at the end of the battle, and in many cases because of that... A better chance of getting the drop your after.
That's a great point Dr Zeppers and just another illustration of how Ratbeard and the designers/developers try to promote shared gameplay amongst their players. With the addition of Second Chance Chests, it really goes to show that they are trying to not only promote pirates working together, but also rewarding pirates for doing so with better gear and better chances at obtaining dropped gear, just as you pointed out.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2011
I am a max level 65 swashy
i have been farming cadmus for at least two weeks but finally got it when i defeated him below 5 rounds ,easily and i did not allow him to heal ! 1thing i notices was that i beat him more easily than any other time .
Hope this will help . Btw i also think in some way that drop rates are too low when it comes to bosses like bishop because i have been farming him from past a month already and i get the same things again and again .