Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Possible Next Worlds! Warning:Spoilers

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
WARNING: THIS MAY CONTAIN MAJOR STORY PLOT TO ALL WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED AQUILA
~
Hey, pirates! Have a seat. Yes, this is my third next world theory, and I think all of them make sense. Now, without further ado...

So, after a while of racking my brain for a theory, and banging my head upon my computer desk a few times, I stumbled upon another theory. I found the full version of Marco Pollo's map online, and then took a screenshot from Captain Avery's El Dorado puppet show. It demonstrates Marco Pollo scattering the pieces, and they rested for a split second on the spiral, and I took the screenshot. Aligning the screen shot and the full map, the map pieces were in the same places of the map. Valencia being the center, a map piece was there. Valencia was in fact the same place Marco Pollo settled down in. Thus, the Armada got that map piece from Bruno Chapel.

Upward, it shows another map piece, exactly where Mooshu is. This would most likely be Egg Foo Yung's map piece, and the armada got that one, too. Downward from Valencia, we have two map pieces below. This would possibly be Skull Island and Marleybone, or Skull Island and Cool Ranch. As we all know, Catbeard's and Captain Gunn's map pieces are one and the same. Thus, there can't be map pieces in both spots. And so, I'm improvising. Curiously, Cool Ranch is NOT on Marco Pollo's map. So that would seem to mean that Cool Ranch is far below Marleybone on the map, and Marco couldn't fit it on the map. So thus, we got both of the map pieces below Valencia; Catbeard's and Christopher Clark's.

Now, Catbeard directs us to visit Argos at the end of Marleybone. As there are no Clockworks in Aquila, we got the map piece a bit easier. So then, Argos is checked off the list. Next, we have Erica the Red. I'm assuming Erica the Red is based off Eric the Red, and it would be hinting towards vikings. The only viking world we have so far is Grizzleheim. So she's checked off the list.

And lastly, we have the main character's mother. During the dungeon instance to defeat Gortez, some select dialogue mentioned something along the lines of: "Find our graves. We are waiting." So that would mean Darkmoor, possibly? Well, at the end of Aquila, we do some work with the Rosetta Stone. So, how did the Aquilans get it there? It couldn't have just floated in, they must have used transport from Krokotopia to Aquila.

CONCLUSION:

Book 15: Go to Valencia, learn Kane's weakness, get a specific windstone.
Book 16: Go to Grizzleheim, get Erica the Red's map piece.
Book 17: Go to Krokotopia through Aquila, get your mother's map piece, get a red windstone.
Book 18: Lead an assault on Valencia take the last two map pieces.
Book 19: El Dorado!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
~
Hey, pirates! Have a seat. Yes, this is my third next world theory, and I think all of them make sense. Now, without further ado...

So, after a while of racking my brain for a theory, and banging my head upon my computer desk a few times, I stumbled upon another theory. I found the full version of Marco Pollo's map online, and then took a screenshot from Captain Avery's El Dorado puppet show. It demonstrates Marco Pollo scattering the pieces, and they rested for a split second on the spiral, and I took the screenshot. Aligning the screen shot and the full map, the map pieces were in the same places of the map. Valencia being the center, a map piece was there. Valencia was in fact the same place Marco Pollo settled down in. Thus, the Armada got that map piece from Bruno Chapel.

Upward, it shows another map piece, exactly where Mooshu is. This would most likely be Egg Foo Yung's map piece, and the armada got that one, too. Downward from Valencia, we have two map pieces below. This would possibly be Skull Island and Marleybone, or Skull Island and Cool Ranch. As we all know, Catbeard's and Captain Gunn's map pieces are one and the same. Thus, there can't be map pieces in both spots. And so, I'm improvising. Curiously, Cool Ranch is NOT on Marco Pollo's map. So that would seem to mean that Cool Ranch is far below Marleybone on the map, and Marco couldn't fit it on the map. So thus, we got both of the map pieces below Valencia; Catbeard's and Christopher Clark's.

Now, Catbeard directs us to visit Argos at the end of Marleybone. As there are no Clockworks in Aquila, we got the map piece a bit easier. So then, Argos is checked off the list. Next, we have Erica the Red. I'm assuming Erica the Red is based off Eric the Red, and it would be hinting towards vikings. The only viking world we have so far is Grizzleheim. So she's checked off the list.

And lastly, we have the main character's mother. During the dungeon instance to defeat Gortez, some select dialogue mentioned something along the lines of: "Find our graves. We are waiting." So that would mean Darkmoor, possibly? Well, at the end of Aquila, we do some work with the Rosetta Stone. So, how did the Aquilans get it there? It couldn't have just floated in, they must have used transport from Krokotopia to Aquila.

CONCLUSION:

Book 17: Go to Krokotopia through Aquila, get your mother's map piece, get a red windstone.
Nice research and theories While I was reading this I thought "Yeah Right." But when it all came together at the end...I true believe this is what's going to happen. Once again, Nice Job!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
~

CONCLUSION:

*Chuckles* Brilliant deductions. I bet Blind Mew is just snickering and twirling in his chair.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Hmmm very interesting very interesting indeed I look forward to your theory mate count on it.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
Jun 25, 2011
Close, but not quite. You forgot Darkmoor...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
~

CONCLUSION:

Not bad. Not too shappy. I didn't think we'd go to Krokotopia through Aquila, I always thought we'd use Marleybone's Stormgate, but Aquila's works too.
But you did forget Darkmoor, which Blind Mew has said is pretty high on the list. Also, Polaris is somewhere in this story (I'm just as stumped on Polaris' purpose as you might be).
Also, Blind Mew said that the story has approximately 20 Books plan (more will be added if necessary) and you stopped 1 Book short. Blind Mew also said things will start taking a faster pace as the story moves on, so you can't assume 1 world will equal 1 Book like Marleybone and Aquila did.
Some new worlds might share 1 Book. He did say one return to Valencia will take up one whole Book (ahem *Book 15*), but I'm assuming after Book 16, worlds will come very close together.
For example, Krokotopia might come out alone in Book 16, then Darkmoor and Grizzlehiem share Book 17, Book 18 we go all over the place with an intro to Polaris, Book 19 more Polaris and a run back to Valencia, Book 20 a little more Valencia and then El Dorado.

That's just my guess, though. Good job, overall!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I'm hoping for 8 new books,after our pirate(s) finish the Aquila quests.

I think for Books 15 and 16 might the Krokotopia Chapters,remember this is a big world I'm asumeing it maybe broken to 2 parts. This might be interesting,I wonder what lies in this Egyptian themed world ?

Then to Books 17,18 and 19 our pirate might traveled to Polaris to retrieve another piece of the El Darado map, and may recruited the penguin companion from his/her quest from Book 8.This Russian themed place may have some hardcore dungeons,even more challenging then previous worlds so brace yourself pirate.

Then to Book 20 our pirate might have a return visit to Monquestia,to finally close the chapter by helping the revolution to our throw the crown,as skull island pledge an allergenic to Moo Shu, Polaris and Cool Ranch. This means Skull Island may finally have 3 allies, this may change the way skull is after the Monquestia Revolution.

Then to Book 21 and 22 a return visit to Valencia, with a new land discovered untouched by the Armada Army the restaince asked help to save what is left of the land and a grand finale duel at the end,but Kane Escape before the player delivers the final blow and collect another piece of the map.Upon returning to
Skull Island, Captain Avery asked the player to travel to Girzzleheim to retrieve the final piece of the EL Darado map.

I think that's how the storyline might go,it's only a theory pirates so stay tune.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
~

CONCLUSION:

Those are well-thought out ideas, Hank, and very sensible. But I think there is a variable we must consider in our equation of pirate + seeking map pieces = journey to new worlds, and that variable is ... x ... no, no, I'm being silly (a little algebra joke there ); I indeed mean 'Kane'.

Kane hasn't yet made any concerted pushes against us. Deacon was certainly supposed to capture or kill us (depending on Deacon's mood, perhaps), but I get the feeling we were not a high priority. Certainly Deacon was involved in a lot of very fishy (and downright nasty) politics in several worlds that we know of, with the end effect to destabilize those worlds and bring a lot of misery. The loss of Deacon would have been devastating to those plots and likely has seriously harmed Kane's information gathering, though I am sure he still has his sources.

So what next? Knowing about the need for all the map pieces, Kane knew he could sit tight and wait for us to come to him. If we interfered with his war effort, Rooke could deal with us (one reason Bishop was eager to take us out instead -- that would make Bishop look so good!) But that didn't work out so well for Kane. We thus have proved ourselves too dangerous to allow to run around and freely interfere. So what could he do now?

- Kane surely has a bounty on us; a simple reaction would be to raise it. He's got gold enough. Likely assassination/kidnapping attempts by non-Elites would be unsuccessful, but keeping us harried and off balance would have its uses. And he only needs 1 success, after all.

- Remove our safe haven. Kane is still busy with his ultimate plans, and the Armada is still heavily involved in Marleybone, so he can't launch a full-scale assault on Skull Island. But he could send in a few crack troops and cause enough havoc with the intent to make Avery reconsider sheltering us.

- Set a trap... say a big pile of gold, "poorly guarded", somewhere. While my captain is not likely to be overly tempted by greed, I know certain companions who would find it hard to resist!

- Set his enemies against each other. If Kane found out about our dealings in Port Regal, a word in the governor's ear would arrange our arrest and imprisonment quite easily. But little details like finding the truth are probably unnecessary -- he could set us up on some completely false charge!

Well, you get the idea. Could get very interesting indeed...

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
As Anne said, Kane is certainly an important variable that needs to be considered. Also, Blind Mew said that Erica the Red is a viking, and she might be anywhere in the spiral, not just Grizzleheim. It's not to far fetched for her to be in Polaris or Marleybone. Even though it was earlier than the Napoleonic wars, the vikings invaded both France and England many times.
Of course, the spiral is not Earth, so she could be pretty much anywhere, as long as she has a ship.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Those are well-thought out ideas, Hank, and very sensible. But I think there is a variable we must consider in our equation of pirate + seeking map pieces = journey to new worlds, and that variable is ... x ... no, no, I'm being silly (a little algebra joke there ); I indeed mean 'Kane'.

Kane hasn't yet made any concerted pushes against us. Deacon was certainly supposed to capture or kill us (depending on Deacon's mood, perhaps), but I get the feeling we were not a high priority. Certainly Deacon was involved in a lot of very fishy (and downright nasty) politics in several worlds that we know of, with the end effect to destabilize those worlds and bring a lot of misery. The loss of Deacon would have been devastating to those plots and likely has seriously harmed Kane's information gathering, though I am sure he still has his sources.

So what next? Knowing about the need for all the map pieces, Kane knew he could sit tight and wait for us to come to him. If we interfered with his war effort, Rooke could deal with us (one reason Bishop was eager to take us out instead -- that would make Bishop look so good!) But that didn't work out so well for Kane. We thus have proved ourselves too dangerous to allow to run around and freely interfere. So what could he do now?

- Kane surely has a bounty on us; a simple reaction would be to raise it. He's got gold enough. Likely assassination/kidnapping attempts by non-Elites would be unsuccessful, but keeping us harried and off balance would have its uses. And he only needs 1 success, after all.

- Remove our safe haven. Kane is still busy with his ultimate plans, and the Armada is still heavily involved in Marleybone, so he can't launch a full-scale assault on Skull Island. But he could send in a few crack troops and cause enough havoc with the intent to make Avery reconsider sheltering us.

- Set a trap... say a big pile of gold, "poorly guarded", somewhere. While my captain is not likely to be overly tempted by greed, I know certain companions who would find it hard to resist!

- Set his enemies against each other. If Kane found out about our dealings in Port Regal, a word in the governor's ear would arrange our arrest and imprisonment quite easily. But little details like finding the truth are probably unnecessary -- he could set us up on some completely false charge!

*Whispers* Don't give Blind Mew or the Armada any ideas! They could be listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:

Fiendish and duplicitous thinking from someone who is Virtuous!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Thunder Hawk on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
*Whispers* Don't give Blind Mew or the Armada any ideas! They could be listening!
First, of course Blind Mew is listening! He's always been able to in my opinion and he seems open to a suggestion or two.
As for the Armada, I doubt they would spend their free time browsing the Tavern (trust me, I brought up the suggestion before).

Second, Anne I like your thinking, but I would like to say some constructive criticism to your theories.

Kane hasn't been on our backs too much because he had Deacon shadowing us in our Cool Ranch escapades. However, since Valencia and Marlebone were at war, Kane either had no time or resources to spare capturing us or didn't think us as too much of a threat to be worth the trouble. The loss of Deacon seemed to affect the Design only subtly if at all.

However, destroying Rooke and wracking the Armada in Marley has tipped the Balance and we are far more of a nuance as you said. He can no longer ignore our actions and will probably be a bit more offensive.
Now for your suggestions:

-Kane might have a bounty on our heads, but if he did, he is probably not publicizing it too much. We may be a real Thorn in his side, but if rumors and street talk about us are proven true, the Armada would be opening a Pandora's Box. There might be uproar, distrust, and the Resistance might find new hope for their cause. Also, if it is openly known, why haven't there been anyone hunting us down?

-A good proposition, but remember, Avery dragged us into this mess in the first place! Aside from that, an intriguing, though unnerving, idea.

-I doubt that we would fall for such a trick, but if we did, I wouldn't be too surprised. However, I believe they would set a trap on a more well-known treasure than a miscellaneous pile of gold. It has more of a lure to it.

-This one is my favorite. Sowing the seeds of discord is just a wonderful concept. Though I don't know how Kane would be able to chew Governor Stanley, this would be an interesting treat.

That's all I have to say my friends. Nice chatting with ye all.

Until We chit-chat again,

Impish Omar Underwood