Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo!

AuthorMessage
Developer
CaptainFlint193 on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Thank you for the answers, but as always, there are more...I an' I got plenty a 'comin....

1. Is there any way to get to Marleybone City from the Isle of Dogs/Westminster Skyway? There seems to be an impenetrable fog and some kind of wall blocking the way...
2. Umm...who is the hippo I've seen in the Aquila pics on the main website? I mean, come on...a hippo? THAT...IS...AWESOME.
3. What would happen if Marleybone found out we actually started this war?
4. The Kurgha captain that knew our parents - will he and/or Rajah play a significant role in the plot at any point? I thought it was kinda neat we were somehow connected to the India analogue...albeit him knowing us was slightly deus ex machina...
5. Will there ever be a Singapore analogue? Hamamitsu seems to remind me of Nagasaki (Japan's only port open to foreigners pre-Meiji Restoration) and Port Regal reeks of Port Royal. A fully-fledged MooShu colony owned by Marleybone would be cool quest fodder...
6. Your oblique hint...wow, Blind Mew. You got me there.... Ok...let me rephrase that - any less than oblique hints?
7. Valencia seems to have Stormgates EVERYWHERE. Any chance you can tell us which stormgate we may go through to find Caligostro?
8. Speaking of Caligostro, there was an occultist and adventurer by that name (in the vein of the Comte de St. Germain) in the 18th century. Am I getting close?
9. Any chance we could get a Comte de St. Germain analogue...or is that more Wizard material?
10. Napoleguin - now that Gortez won his war, where has he gone now? Back to Polaris or off to take over Krokotopia...?
11. What makes you guys choose which animals become the races of Pirate101?
12. Our mother has a piece of the Map - will we have to traverse an entire world to find her grave and get the map? And, if so, how will this affect the Presidio Five's storyline?
1. Not directly, no. At this time, it's not possible to let Pirate players run around in Wizard zones. Letting you see Wizard MB from afar was the compromise.

2. His name is a pun, which becomes obvious when you meet him. He was well worth the effort.

3. You'd be in trouble.

4. Unclear at this time. In the future, we're going to have to deal with the pirates' past, and parents, and all that. Rajah and that Tiger may end up with a part to play. Sure, it was a little deus ex machina, but what the hey - I figured it's make your parents even cooler by showing off how well traveled they were.

5. Your impressions of Hamamitsu and Port Regal are spot on. As for Singapore, that'd be a bit tricky, given how we've set things up. I rather like the neutrality MB and MS have, and would hate to see it upset.

6. Nope - oblique is all I've got in stock for now.

7. They do indeed - it's why on their map of the Spiral (seen on the floor of Marco Pollo's tomb), they place Valencia in the center. The Marleyboneans map the Spiral differently (you can see it in the War Room) - they do not put VA there.

8. The name was not chosen at random. And kudos on your historical knowledge.

9. Maybe... that seems much more Wizard at first glance. If there were one, though, I'd expect to find him in Valencia or Polaris maybe.

10. As above - he's got work to do in Polaris. Remember, the Marleyboneans got his own people to turn against him.

11. We look at the theme of the world, what we have and haven't done, and what we think we can get the best jokes out of.

12. You'll have to find it all right - that could be tricky. And yes, the Presidio 5 will have quite a lot to do in that plot arc.

Developer
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Thanks once again for the answers, Blind Mew! Not to confuse you, I had my Message Board name changed from it's previous name. Aparrently, you guys are doing this change for security reasons? I'm not sure but I took the change anyway. It said you guys recommended not leaving the account name as is. But, that aside, more questions!:

1. Based off of your 3-5 Books promotion layout for Companions, when I do the math, it seems as though all our main line companions are going to promote at Books 19-20 (21-ish). I'm guessing that's around the point of El Dorado and the end of our story. Isn't that a lot for your team? With promo quests getting longer, I feel this might pose...er..."problems" (of some extent) in the future.

2. If it's not too much telling, will Book 15 deal only with Valencia or will we see a possible half of Valencia, half of another world *cough* Krokotopia *cough*?

3. Based off of Beachhead and the inclusion of Gracie (who just became mega critical to the story), is this how we might take down the Armada's "big trophy" The Machine in Valencia? I'm sure Gracie will have much fun with that and leaving us in more dumbfounded positions and Bonnie Anne in more irritated moods.

4. Why the double Sacrates pun with Hippocrates and Hawkrates? I like both of them, but I'm just curious. Also with Hippocrates there (and his all time epic fidgit), would that mean the Hippos are from Aquila? I would have thought Hippos came from Zafaria.

5. Could I take a guess and say we might see Darkmoor around Book 17-18?

6. Just curious, our Windstone Carriers, are they like supposed to be Astrolabes or something? I know they sure the purpose of holding our Windstones but it seems so...interesting and kinda unknown in a way.

7. With Aquila out and all, shouldn't there be a Mine of Windstones? More importantly, how does one end up getting a Windstone? Not by our quests, but like where can Worlds get their Windstones to travel to other places? The Marleyboneans had their Yellow and, I think, Violet Windstone, but how did they get it in the first place?

8. Polaris- where does it stand in our present story? I know it was the cause of the Pirate outbreak and gave way to our El Dorado story and villian, but how could it fit in with us? I'm assuming Polaris took an economic downfall after the war and is pretty much like Aquila, a husk of its former self. So its army must be in shambles and it probably is kinda "useless" right now. Unless we're planning to summon a frontal assualt on the Armada before they get to El Dorado, I can't see much use of Polaris. ...and I just said how it could play a role didn't I?...

9. Why the name Beachhead? Before the updates came I was literally thinking of a night-skied resort with a fantastic beach. The name is kinda misleading to me.

10. Another curious if: If you wanted to allude to a Candian World like with the India analogue Rajah, how would you feel about calling it "Arboreus"? Just curious
1. Yeah, I noticed that too. It may be a bit too much to chew. So, some may come early, and some might come later - that's ultimately why we don't grave it in stone.

2. That would be telling. Although, as Book 13 revealed, I'm a big fan of the adage that "getting there is half the fun."

3. If you were to ever visit the thing, Gracie would certainly come in useful.

4. Hippocrates was a real guy, a physician, for whom the Hippocratic Oath is named. The joke on him is purely the visual, not the name. As for where he came from, Zafaria's a good bet.

5. That would be telling. Incidentally, on what do you base your suspicions?

6. Yes, they're inspired by sextants and whatnot. Purely flavor.

7. I'd prefer to leave it unclear, other than to say that Windstones are a very precious commodity - there might conceivably be a finite (if big) number of them in existence.

8. Polaris is keeping to itself for now. Napoleguin's return has doubtless shaken things up.

9. From Webster's - Beachhead: an area on a hostile shore occupied to secure further landing of troops and supplies.

10. Cool name! I don't know that it says Canada to me, but I like it.

Ensign
May 06, 2011
1. Is the symbol on Old scratch's amulet a veve or hieroglyph?
2. Are the jungle crocs related to the krokoptians?
3. Could Mormo have actually spoken to captain gun?
4. Who do the people of the spiral worship like religion?
We have seen churches in cool ranch monquista and marleybone.
5. Will we ever go to dragonspyre?
6. Is there magic even more primitive then mojo? Like pre or just after titans war magic?
7. Could a piece of Marco Pollo's map be in wizard city?

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Blind mew after I did marleybone I wondered about a couple of things could you answer them?
1: Are otters from Albion as well?
2: Why do dogs and cats help the radicals? And why do the foxes accept their help?
3: I have heard the name the underdog used a couple of times. Do we meet him?
4: Those three admirals look kinda cool. Any chance that they will be companions?
5: Did Marco pollo die? When I was in his tomb I saw no coffin. was it just a hoax? (Yes I know not really a question about marleybone but I wanted to know.)
Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Ensign
Nov 27, 2012
I have just one question: Will tavern companions promote again?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Ha, ha, ha! thump (falling off chair laughing). Perhaps doing the 'Electric Slide' instead?
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
YES. I'm attempting to imagine NPCs in the game doing the Electric Slide.

As for questions, I have two:

1. Will we find out the outcome of the Valencia versus Marleybone war? I'm cheering on Marleybone!
2. If we trade over five years of our childhood for an answer in Aquila, how the heck will we find our parents? Man, this'll make things a LOT easier. -sarcasm-

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Blind Mew on May 31, 2013 wrote:
1. Yeah, I noticed that too. It may be a bit too much to chew. So, some may come early, and some might come later - that's ultimately why we don't grave it in stone.

2. That would be telling. Although, as Book 13 revealed, I'm a big fan of the adage that "getting there is half the fun."

3. If you were to ever visit the thing, Gracie would certainly come in useful.

4. Hippocrates was a real guy, a physician, for whom the Hippocratic Oath is named. The joke on him is purely the visual, not the name. As for where he came from, Zafaria's a good bet.

5. That would be telling. Incidentally, on what do you base your suspicions?

6. Yes, they're inspired by sextants and whatnot. Purely flavor.

7. I'd prefer to leave it unclear, other than to say that Windstones are a very precious commodity - there might conceivably be a finite (if big) number of them in existence.

8. Polaris is keeping to itself for now. Napoleguin's return has doubtless shaken things up.

9. From Webster's - Beachhead: an area on a hostile shore occupied to secure further landing of troops and supplies.

10. Cool name! I don't know that it says Canada to me, but I like it.
Thanks for the answers! Wow, I never heard of Hippocrates or that Beachhead is an actual word (I figured you guys just came up with your on name). I'm glad you like my world name! I came up with it after my disappointment with Avalon for not including Squirrels. You may be right though. It doesn't exactly say Canada, now that I think about it. I think about a foresty-kingdom-ish world, and Canada's more cold and, in Spiral terms, Polarian (French) influenced. I also considered an alternative "Arborea" name but we have waaay too many -a, -ea, and -ia ending worlds. Yeah, Arboreus is fine.

Anyway to answer your question, I base my asumptions on Darkmoor by what's been said currently and any confirmed information I find and can use. I see the El Dorado story in a total of 20 Books (based off how you said Pirate opened with 60% of the story complete).
So far we're up to 14 Books and have seen 2 of the original 7 mentioned worlds (Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, Polaris, Celestia, and Darkmoor(Rajah's fairly new so I won't count it)). I've come to believe that we're not going to see Grizzleheim just yet in this arc, so I booted it out. With only 6 Books left and El Dorado taking Book 20, based off of my 20 Book estimate, and each Book incompensing primarily 1 world, I had to place things where they fit (me guessing of course).
The end of Book 14 told us we're going to Valencia next. I needed to consider where everything will go and still include the other 2 visits to Valencia. You said 1 Book would be all Valencia. Simply guessing, I feel it is early to experience that just yet. And since our last visit to Valencia had another World within the Book, I'm assuming a repeat of that (but anything could happen).
You also said that we'd be taking our time to Polaris so I'm assuming Book 18-19 should be about when we see it. Polaris, I'm guessing though, won't see the Spiral for a long time. As for Darkmoor, you've stated you're not ready to talk about it yet, but it has a high chance of making it into the story, so it has to be later, but not as late as Polaris. So I assumed Book 17 was about that time for the World. It's far enough away to say that work hasn't been made on it yet and it's not so far away as Polaris.
As for Celestia, Krokotopia, and Valencia, they make their way into the story somehow. I'd guess Valencia's full Book would be 19 where the tension should be pretty high. Krokotopia's coming pretty close in my eyes, since it was mentioned at the end of Aquila and you constantly drop these oblique hints on Celestia so I feel it has some strong role to the story later.

I know I could be wrong on any of this, but I simply base my thesis on any information that is legit (as in confirmed by Kingsisle and its employees). I've probably mixed some things up or added in worlds not on the list. And I have no idea why we'd need to go to some of these world. But to answer your question, this is what I base my assumptions on.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
I remember Captain Avery stating that the Armada clockworks are heartless, soulless, and ruthless. Does this also mean that they're emotionless or did they at a point have emotions like fear, joy, sadness, etc.? For example when a melee unit lands a critical strike on the an Armada clockwork, the clockworks seem afraid. Is this just because every MoB in the game including pets and players have a scared animation?

Another reason I question this is because of the fact we destroyed or "killed" Deacon. When we first encountered Rooke, he referred to Deacon as his brother. Not colleague or partner, but brother. Does this mean that the Elites consider each other family? Rooke also appeared angry about the fact we damaged Deacon to beyond repair.

One thing I noticed questing through Marleybone in Test Realm and in Live Realm was that Gaspard DeVole seemed to dislike Marleybone and somewhat seemed to enjoy the fact that Marleybone was losing the war. I was pretty confused by that. I understand that he still considers Valencia his home, but I don't understand why he would in a way root for the Armada. Seeing what they've done to the realm, Valencia, shouldn't he hate that the Armada is winning? The whole war is really Marleybone Vs. Valencia, but Marleybone Vs. Clockwork Armada.

Thanks for answering all these questions we have!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Before I get to the questions, I just gotta say, fantastic work on the new update! The story was exciting, had so many twist and turns, and overall was just breathtaking. great work guys, and it was totally worth the wait. now to my questions:

1.Limb loss: With dead Mike (or in my case S.M. Arson, since I have Gaspard), they lost they're left arm when they reached their final promo without having it explained in the quest. I figured, "Hey, they're zombies, limbs come off", and just let that one be. BUT, with Ratbeard reaching admiral, he lost his left hand, which was not explained either. With someone that is that important, (and living) I think there should be some explanation. I just want to know if there are some story facts that I am missing or if the designers thought it would be cool to give him a hook hand (which just makes him look like the generic, cleche' pirate).
2.Aquila to Krok: Now, this one may seem really out of the way, but I noticed that when we get the rosetta stone, the three languages were Krokotopian, old aquilan, and new aquilan. I know that in history, Greece (under Alexander the great) conquered Egypt, which was around the grecco-roman period. So, did AQ conquer Krok in the past? And if so, Did Valencia (being more roman at that time than ittalian) do something to mess that up? And also, Ulyssess said something anout an old empire, does this mean that AQ was almost brought to ruin at one time and the current Aquila is the aftermath of some kind of renisance?
3.Companion dialogue: I first noticed this when I did the mag. 7 promo. I have both duck and buffalo, and I noticed that the dialoge was exactly the same for both quests, except for when the mag. member spoke. so, does this mean that when you write story dialogue for the universal grants (ratbeard, bonnie), and then write dialogue for the specifics (presidio 5, kraken skulls) to make it fit in with the rest of the dialogue? If so, is this to save time?
Keep on writing!
-F.R. holystone

Ensign
May 31, 2010
I'm curious: how lethal is combat supposed to be? There's some missions where it's made quite clear that the person we're fighting is only "knocked out," and not permanently harmed. And there's missions where it seems absolutely implied that we aren't leaving survivors. (Anything with "cull their numbers," or where we're fetching body parts.)

The reason I ask is mostly in regards to... well, pretty much everything even slightly related to Catbeard and Port Royal. The mission to start a war seems to pretty strongly imply that we're killing everyone - all it would take is one witness to point out that it's not Armada vessels doing the shooting and sinking in the area for the plan to fall apart. And then there's the prison mission, and then the mission to steal a windstone. Since the guards in Port Royal don't shoot the player character on sight afterwards, I can again only assume that no one was still around to point out that the main character and their motley circus of a crew were the culprits.

This really bothers me. For one thing, it's hard to reconcile with the idea of the character as a "scoundrel with a heart of gold." Even Jack Sparrow, in his most sneaky and self serving turns, didn't chop his way through innocent people. At least, not in the movies I saw. What we do in Port Royal feels more like something Barbossa would do.

For another thing, we're never shown that Marleybone soldiers even slightly deserve it. In every other area, the people we're fighting are either criminals, or are oppressive minions following the orders of obvious villains. (The Monquistan King is clearly not a good guy.) Or in the case of groups like the Water Moles and Amber Horde, just generally hostile to everyone.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
Elemutation on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
Before I get to the questions, I just gotta say, fantastic work on the new update! The story was exciting, had so many twist and turns, and overall was just breathtaking. great work guys, and it was totally worth the wait. now to my questions:

1.Limb loss: With dead Mike (or in my case S.M. Arson, since I have Gaspard), they lost they're left arm when they reached their final promo without having it explained in the quest. I figured, "Hey, they're zombies, limbs come off", and just let that one be. BUT, with Ratbeard reaching admiral, he lost his left hand, which was not explained either. With someone that is that important, (and living) I think there should be some explanation. I just want to know if there are some story facts that I am missing or if the designers thought it would be cool to give him a hook hand (which just makes him look like the generic, cleche' pirate).
2.Aquila to Krok: Now, this one may seem really out of the way, but I noticed that when we get the rosetta stone, the three languages were Krokotopian, old aquilan, and new aquilan. I know that in history, Greece (under Alexander the great) conquered Egypt, which was around the grecco-roman period. So, did AQ conquer Krok in the past? And if so, Did Valencia (being more roman at that time than ittalian) do something to mess that up? And also, Ulyssess said something anout an old empire, does this mean that AQ was almost brought to ruin at one time and the current Aquila is the aftermath of some kind of renisance?
3.Companion dialogue: I first noticed this when I did the mag. 7 promo. I have both duck and buffalo, and I noticed that the dialoge was exactly the same for both quests, except for when the mag. member spoke. so, does this mean that when you write story dialogue for the universal grants (ratbeard, bonnie), and then write dialogue for the specifics (presidio 5, kraken skulls) to make it fit in with the rest of the dialogue? If so, is this to save time?
Keep on writing!
-F.R. holystone
Well if you listened closely to the talking about Aquila it said that Minos,the last king of the old empire,angered the immortals and Aquila was in destruction basically until Aquilus saved it.

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
ShadowsBetween on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
I'm curious: how lethal is combat supposed to be? There's some missions where it's made quite clear that the person we're fighting is only "knocked out," and not permanently harmed. And there's missions where it seems absolutely implied that we aren't leaving survivors. (Anything with "cull their numbers," or where we're fetching body parts.)

The reason I ask is mostly in regards to... well, pretty much everything even slightly related to Catbeard and Port Royal. The mission to start a war seems to pretty strongly imply that we're killing everyone - all it would take is one witness to point out that it's not Armada vessels doing the shooting and sinking in the area for the plan to fall apart. And then there's the prison mission, and then the mission to steal a windstone. Since the guards in Port Royal don't shoot the player character on sight afterwards, I can again only assume that no one was still around to point out that the main character and their motley circus of a crew were the culprits.

This really bothers me. For one thing, it's hard to reconcile with the idea of the character as a "scoundrel with a heart of gold." Even Jack Sparrow, in his most sneaky and self serving turns, didn't chop his way through innocent people. At least, not in the movies I saw. What we do in Port Royal feels more like something Barbossa would do.

For another thing, we're never shown that Marleybone soldiers even slightly deserve it. In every other area, the people we're fighting are either criminals, or are oppressive minions following the orders of obvious villains. (The Monquistan King is clearly not a good guy.) Or in the case of groups like the Water Moles and Amber Horde, just generally hostile to everyone.
Skull Island is a pirate-centric area - there is hardly law.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Like the thing with selena gomez do you plan to make any collab thingamijigs like the one you did with selena and the jonas brothers p.s. if you do i would reccomend not making any celebrity collabs because i think doing a 3rd celebirty would offically make kingsile affiliated with tmz(p.p.s. i hate tmz)

Ensign
May 29, 2009
A few more questions rolled into my head:

1. Why was Marco Poilio buried in Valencia? If he was from Cool Ranch shouldn't he have been buried in Cool Ranch instead?

2. We've seen that Old Scratch can bring dead things back to life for a short while. If he can do that for anything then why he didn't resurrect Marco Poilio's spirit in Valencia?

3. What happened to the previous King and Queen of Monquista when Gortez won the war there?

4. Just to write one quest line how long does it take?

5. How did One Eyed Jack lose his eye?

6. When asking for travel papers to Aquila I noticed that Gortez has the Monkey's Paw. How did he get it from Donkey Hotey?

7. How where the Dragoon's and Battle Angels concieved?

8. What role does Phule play in Kane's court? Is he like a 'Court Jester' or more of a distraction for the player?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
Hi Blind Mew, I was just wondering, would you care to tell us the real name of "Mr. G." decoded from the Rosetta Stone by Meowiarty?

Developer
ShadowsBetween on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:

This is a very important question - we take our family friendly identity very seriously, and work hard to keep putting out content that doesn't jeopardize that. I gave a very lengthy response to these issues here.

Our combat is non-lethal, even the melee combat (it may look rough, but there's no blood). We often make it clear that opponents give up, giving many of them sour grapes speeches after their defeat. We can't do that in every case, however.

As for Catbeard's gambit in Book 8, that's the biggest moral lapse the Pirate commits in the story, and we bring it up many times in Book 13 to hammer the point home that the PC did wrong, and needed to make amends.

One of the main themes we touch on is the age old question - do the ends justify the means? In Port Regal, they seem to - true love and defeating the Armada are worth it, right? As time goes on, events teach different lessons.

As to the shenanigans that started the war, I've always assumed that from time to time the Armada makes use of agents to advance its aims - they worked with Fin to get Avery's piece of the Map, for example, and Deacon enlisted the aid of the Duck of Death in Cool Ranch. We haven't necessarily mentioned that as much as we could have, but it's been a factor I've had in my head while writing the story.

You raise good points about Chapter 8 and the shenanigans leading up to the war. I assumed that the MB sailors in Book 8 were simply defeated, not killed, and did report that Pirates that attacked them. Given the escalating tensions with Valencia, however, Port Regal found the timing too convenient, and assumed the Armada was moving against them indirectly. As for how they don't recognize you, we take a little dramatic license here as well. As for the raid to get the Windstone, I figured an action-packed heist served us than more talky scenes. Again, the defeated guards reported that the Pirates were scoundrels, but didn't make a positive ID. Perhaps the electric jolts of spark guns leave the memory fuzzy...

About Jack Sparrow - he didn't chop through innocents, but he did willingly consign someone he knew to an eternity of slavery to Davy Jones to save his own hide. He had no plan to get Will Turner off the Flying Dutchman, as i recall.

You're right, Marleybone doesn't deserve the trouble the PC gives them. In all their dealings with Port Regal, the Pirate comes down on the "scoundrel" side of the "scoundrel with a heart of gold." Something about the place brings out the worst in the Pirate, I suppose. But we went out of our way to point out how wrong it was in Book 13, and we have the pirate go through a LOT to make amends.

And, I can tell you the issue of the pirate's crimes against Marleybone may not be completely settled. But to say more would be telling...

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Ok, I can't help but ask a few more questions....

1. I believe you made an error - your Professor Nickelmass idea. Sounds utterly brilliant (Azteca, anyone?) but the original character was QUATERmass, not Quartermass. I don't blame you though - I made the same error for at least a year....
2. In a previous story thread, you said you'd like to visit Azteca post-Xibalba comet. What would you have us pirates do over there?
3. Darkmoor - comments and/or lore that teases us so that we are both satisfied and frustrated?
4. I was REALLY surprised Colonel Smeagle's quest wasn't originally a storyline quest. I thought we hadn't done any properly Isle of Dogs-centric quests in 'The Dogs of War'. And we got some Albion references...awesome! Any thoughts?
5. I am REALLY into learning about the places merely MENTIONED in Pirate. Any certain areas that have been mentioned that you'd like us to explore? (Gibbonia, Albion, Kent, "the mines of Orryx", Rajah, etc).
6. Would you ever consider doing an Australia-based world? I would love to see Kangaroos, tasmanian devils, etc in a properly Pirate Down Under (Hey, that could be a book title!) adventure.
7. Are there any upcoming worlds that HAVEN'T been mentioned in-game?
8. How do you guys come up with the book titles? 'The Dogs of War' sounds amazingly tense, while 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Cyclops' sounds properly long, since Book XIV was enormous....
9. If there were one EXISTING book you could go back and change story-wise, which would you pick and what would you change and why?
10. I feel like we still have MUCH to atone for - starting an entire war, although now somewhat atoned for, seems to have a lot of loose ends.
11. I was surprised there was no Captain Hook reference in Marleybone!
12. Are there any new trainer quests in the current update?

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Thank you blind mew for the answers I have a few more questions

1. We have been introduced to two new type of clockworks battle angels and dragoons i noticed the dragoons have the same sound effect and battle style as rooke when we fight him but were both of these clockworks already made or did the armada just now create them and why did they choose to make female armada clockworks instead of just keeping them male like the rest was that intentional or is their a reason behind it.

2. Were the pirate's mom and father famous pirates because many people know them from many worlds.

3. The armada have gained the map piece from marco pollo and egg foo yung. We have gained catbeard's, clark's, and argo's map piece their are two left one from erika the red which im guessing is the bear and our mother's how are we going to get our mothers if she is dead? and also if erika is a bear doesnt that mean were heading to grizzleheim i know it probably would be teeling but am i correct.

4. Coolster asked why didnt kane just finish us personally so we stop picking off his elites one by one and now im thinking why doesnt he hire someone or send an elite like bishop or phule to capture us and give him the map pieces he is going to need them if he is going to get to el dorado why does he keep letting us ruin his plans.

5. So the armada is using the golden wheels for the grand design why? and why does the armada want to go to el dorado so badly im pretty sure its not for gold because they could easily tax people of valencia or hie pirates to take it so is their something specifically they are looking for thats in el dorado an artifact for the grand design is the el dorado plan and grand design related to the plan

to be continued...

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
continued...

6. we are very clever pirates and have managed to get through very difficult situations and i know this sounds crazy but why dont we just sneak into valencia as we have done before and go into cadiz fight some armada ships and dock sneak all the way to kanes HQ and fight more armada troops since it will probably heavily guarded and steal kanes map pieces or just finish him off also to break off the leadership of the armada and then leave fighting more clockworks until were back in skull island its crazy but possible

7. When we do manage to kill kane will that be over for the armada considering their will be no one left to lead the armada or will an elite like bishop or the female clockwork finish what kane started.

8. Why do the mag. 7 get a prmotion but they dont really speak at all after we recruit them i know they seem important but why do they recieve a promo and dont speak.

Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 57
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 64

Ensign
Aug 18, 2011
Line Mountain on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
A few more questions rolled into my head:

1. Why was Marco Poilio buried in Valencia? If he was from Cool Ranch shouldn't he have been buried in Cool Ranch instead?

2. We've seen that Old Scratch can bring dead things back to life for a short while. If he can do that for anything then why he didn't resurrect Marco Poilio's spirit in Valencia?

3. What happened to the previous King and Queen of Monquista when Gortez won the war there?

4. Just to write one quest line how long does it take?

5. How did One Eyed Jack lose his eye?

6. When asking for travel papers to Aquila I noticed that Gortez has the Monkey's Paw. How did he get it from Donkey Hotey?

7. How where the Dragoon's and Battle Angels concieved?

8. What role does Phule play in Kane's court? Is he like a 'Court Jester' or more of a distraction for the player?
About your sixth question, Gortez got the Monkey's Paw from the us(the PC).. Donkey Hotey was supposed to use it to turn himself back to being a monkey. Though that doesn't go according to plan since he wished for one million bananas... again.

Developer
Breakfastprince on May 31, 2013 wrote:
1. Is the symbol on Old scratch's amulet a veve or hieroglyph?
2. Are the jungle crocs related to the krokoptians?
3. Could Mormo have actually spoken to captain gun?
4. Who do the people of the spiral worship like religion?
We have seen churches in cool ranch monquista and marleybone.
5. Will we ever go to dragonspyre?
6. Is there magic even more primitive then mojo? Like pre or just after titans war magic?
7. Could a piece of Marco Pollo's map be in wizard city?
1. I'd say it's a veve.

2. Not really, no. They're just jungle beasts.

3. Of course! He did get Gunn to speak to you - how else could the dead pirate have sent you to the Volcano?

4. It varoes from place to place - we like to keep things vague when it comes to religion. But I can say that the faiths of Monquista and Marleybone are different religions.

5. You mean the Wizard zone? Unlikely. It doesn't touch on our plot very much.

6. If by primitive you mean older, I suspect there is, hidden in some dark corner of the Spiral.

7. Possibly... there could be one hidden just about anywhere.

Developer
Doctor Z on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Blind mew after I did marleybone I wondered about a couple of things could you answer them?
1: Are otters from Albion as well?
2: Why do dogs and cats help the radicals? And why do the foxes accept their help?
3: I have heard the name the underdog used a couple of times. Do we meet him?
4: Those three admirals look kinda cool. Any chance that they will be companions?
5: Did Marco pollo die? When I was in his tomb I saw no coffin. was it just a hoax? (Yes I know not really a question about marleybone but I wanted to know.)
Quiet Zachary Armstrong
1. I don't think so, no. I'm betting they're from some part of Marleybone that hasn't been seen or referenced yet.

2. Well, class injustice can lead all sorts of disaffected types to join the Radicals in fighting for their cause. And the Foxes will take any help they can get.

3, He appears in a quest - either a promo or the quest chain dealing with the Zephyr locomotive.

4. A slightly different version of the Bulldog comes with the Marleybone-themed card bundle. As for the other two, they're very busy.

5. Yes he did die - the hidden compartment under the statue has a removable back wall that opens in the a tight space containing his coffin.

Developer
Brian Bowman on May 31, 2013 wrote:
I have just one question: Will tavern companions promote again?
See this post.

Developer
Highlander Fox of ... on May 31, 2013 wrote:
YES. I'm attempting to imagine NPCs in the game doing the Electric Slide.

As for questions, I have two:

1. Will we find out the outcome of the Valencia versus Marleybone war? I'm cheering on Marleybone!
2. If we trade over five years of our childhood for an answer in Aquila, how the heck will we find our parents? Man, this'll make things a LOT easier. -sarcasm-
1. For the present, at least, your efforts have brought the war to a stalemate. I expect it'll stay that way for some time.

2. It'll take a bit more work. But remember, your Presidio companions can offer up a lot of leads when the time comes. There may also be some clues with your foster families, who you still do remember.

Developer
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the answers! Wow, I never heard of Hippocrates or that Beachhead is an actual word (I figured you guys just came up with your on name). I'm glad you like my world name! I came up with it after my disappointment with Avalon for not including Squirrels. You may be right though. It doesn't exactly say Canada, now that I think about it. I think about a foresty-kingdom-ish world, and Canada's more cold and, in Spiral terms, Polarian (French) influenced. I also considered an alternative "Arborea" name but we have waaay too many -a, -ea, and -ia ending worlds. Yeah, Arboreus is fine.

Anyway to answer your question, I base my asumptions on Darkmoor by what's been said currently and any confirmed information I find and can use. I see the El Dorado story in a total of 20 Books (based off how you said Pirate opened with 60% of the story complete).
So far we're up to 14 Books and have seen 2 of the original 7 mentioned worlds (Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, Polaris, Celestia, and Darkmoor(Rajah's fairly new so I won't count it)). I've come to believe that we're not going to see Grizzleheim just yet in this arc, so I booted it out. With only 6 Books left and El Dorado taking Book 20, based off of my 20 Book estimate, and each Book incompensing primarily 1 world, I had to place things where they fit (me guessing of course).
The end of Book 14 told us we're going to Valencia next. I needed to consider where everything will go and still include the other 2 visits to Valencia. You said 1 Book would be all Valencia. Simply guessing, I feel it is early to experience that just yet. And since our last visit to Valencia had another World within the Book, I'm assuming a repeat of that (but anything could happen).
You also said that we'd be taking our time to Polaris so I'm assuming Book 18-19 should be about when we see it. Polaris, I'm guessing though, won't see the Spiral for a long time. As for Darkmoor, you've stated you're not ready to talk about it yet, but it has a high chance of making it into the story, so it has to be later, but not as late as Polaris. So I assumed Book 17 was about that time for the World. It's far enough away to say that work hasn't been made on it yet and it's not so far away as Polaris.
As for Celestia, Krokotopia, and Valencia, they make their way into the story somehow. I'd guess Valencia's full Book would be 19 where the tension should be pretty high. Krokotopia's coming pretty close in my eyes, since it was mentioned at the end of Aquila and you constantly drop these oblique hints on Celestia so I feel it has some strong role to the story later.

I know I could be wrong on any of this, but I simply base my thesis on any information that is legit (as in confirmed by Kingsisle and its employees). I've probably mixed some things up or added in worlds not on the list. And I have no idea why we'd need to go to some of these world. But to answer your question, this is what I base my assumptions on.
I will say this - you're not completely right, but on some points you are, or very very close. Your guesses are very educated - kudos.