Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fort Elena Bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 19, 2010
At the end of Fort Elena when the quest goal is to Rescue Mustang Sally and Napoleguin in the Southern Wards, I follow the arrow until it goes and nothing happens.

Help?

Ensign
Sep 27, 2012
Petty Officer
Sep 23, 2012
doctor109 on Nov 7, 2012 wrote:
I'm having the same problem . Please fix
I think It's part of the game.

Ensign
May 05, 2010
When it says rescue mustang sally and napolpenguin
They are no where to be found
Help

Administrator
Hi! Can you give me some more information about this bug you're running into?

Were you soloing the instance or were you grouped? Did you enter the encounter through the sigil or did you teleport to friend already in the instance? Our Quality Assurance is trying to track down the specific bug, and they're looking for a little bit more information. Any additional details you could provide me would be helpful.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
This probably is not the issue, however I have come close to a similar conclusion before.

There is one part of this instance, towards the start, that has you walk up to the building, if you do not go far enough, it doesnt trigger the next "stage" of the instance where you have to shoot a hole in the wall, etc.

If one walks up to the building, looks at the arrow which seems to indicate they should be in sight, but they wont be, and you dont walk far enough to get that next Stage/message, you might think its not working because you do not see what it is your trying to find (and you wont yet).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
Well it just says go rescue sally and napoleguin in the south ward and its points to the sewers and but it doesn't do anything instead and for me i was just soloing it and it didn't work do i yeah i really like this game but i don't wanna stop playing cause a bug

Ensign
May 03, 2009
I'm having the same bug issue. I soloed the dungeon and fought everyone and at the end it says to rescue Sally and Napoleguin in Southern Ward. I'm on top of the sewer where arrow has shown me and nothing is happening. i have walked all over Fort Elena and it is really frustrating. Please fix this issue. I even ported to the life fountain and reentered the dungeon and it is still giving me same the thing.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I had the same bug and had to redo the dungeon. Right after the Brass Monkey swears revenge on you, again , as you are about to leave the Southern Ward through the hole in the wall. As soon as he finished speaking and the quest arrow reappears, it swings back and says 'Rescue Mustang Sally and Napoleguin from Southern Ward'. All I did the second time was let the cranky monkey finish speaking. I skipped through the first time since I read a lot faster than they talk. Not sure that had anything to do with it, but the dungeon completed correctly the 2nd time.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Hi Jack. It has just happened to me. I had previously completed the Fort Elena Quest with another pirate as a group, with no problem. This time I was doing it solo with another one of my pirates. I successfully made faces at the Brass Monkey, rescued Sally, released the Emperor, grabbed his hat, released his valet, and rescued his guard (there may have been one, maybe two fights along the way). Then I was told the defeat the clockwork soldiers at the breech (the one with Lt. Benedict on the other side - in other words, right at the exit of the cells - I could see daylight. After defeating the clockwork troops and looting the treasure I started toward Lt. Benedict and the exit, and noticed that the quest line at the bottom of the screen said "Rescue Sally and Napolequin in the Southern Ward", and that the yellow arrow had been replaced by that golden compass rose with the question mark. After running back and forth in that general area for a few steps, the yellow direction arrow came back pointing to a spot in the corridor, just inside the cells area (if it matters, there is the rubble and the door, and a drain. The spot is just on the far side of the drain from Lt. Benedict).

So, basically, I was doing it solo and the glitch seems to have happened after the very last fight (unless there is another one I have forgotten about after you run out into the open air).

Hope this info helps track down the problem. I did take a screen capture, if it helps any.

-Michael

Administrator
Thank you for the additional information! I'll pass that along.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
I have found the quest arrow is wrong.

I have taken many through there now. After you release Sally go deeper into the jail stay away from the light until after you help Napoleguin. Then you have to battle your way back out.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"