Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Somebody failed biology in the Wasp Cave

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
The main wasps you fight are drones.

Drones are male. The stinger that bees, wasps, and hornets are famous for... is the female reproductive organ. Drones have no stinger, unlike the bugs we're fighting.

That's rather like the cartoons that depict bulls as having udders.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
ROFL, I saw that cartoon where all the male cows walk around with udders and such. I thought that was hilarious.

But I am not quite sure if the stingers on female bees are reproductive organs. I just think they are like ... weapons that are used defensively and offensively, nothing more.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
The stinger is the ovipositor. Look that up for yourself.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Actually the stingers found on female wasps and bees are modified reproductive organs called ovipositors which are used both to lay eggs and inject venom. Also, there are some breeds of cattle where the cow has horns and are sometimes mistaken for bulls, also bulls do have udders, but they are not as large as on a female cow. Trust me I am a biologist.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
CdeWinter on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
Actually the stingers found on female wasps and bees are modified reproductive organs called ovipositors which are used both to lay eggs and inject venom. Also, there are some breeds of cattle where the cow has horns and are sometimes mistaken for bulls, also bulls do have udders, but they are not as large as on a female cow. Trust me I am a biologist.
I actually find this fascinating. Thank you for the lesson.

On another note, KI developers have made it known in other posts that the biology of its creatures is not the same as the biology of life forms here on good old planet earth.